• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

The Overall 'Feel'

Wigan06

Joe Robins
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Do you prefer the overall feel of this game to past games or not? I feel this game has a much more relaxed atmosphere and a, I hate to say 'downed' attitude but yeah... Sorta, not depressin but... Low and mellow. Whereas City Folk and Wild World (I never played GC) had a more lively and upbeat feel.
New Leaf has darker grass, a more zoomed in camera and it's a much slower game with amuch more complete soundtrack as if it's built for relaxation. :) Whatdo you guys think? I prefer Wild Worlds lively atmosphere but I like New Leafs soundtrack and larger scape rather than the past games 'towny' feel :)

Yeah i think it has a very nice feel to it. I'm loving all the new content and being able to travel to a tropical island and building stuff.

I really love the GC version! Very happy and carefree. In the newer ones, I fell like everyone is like "I have to get all these items and connect with all my friends! Etc, etc." but in the GC (and I guess WW too) it's more of a "just come on and relax by yourself" kinda feel.

I notice the same, it's more laid back kinda feeling on NL, even though you're the mayor, I feel i'm more like on a constant vacation/camping trip. Still kinda trying to decide whether I like the audio tracks or not though.

I think the overall feel of AC had changed ever since games after AC 64/Gamecube came out. It doesn't feel as "quaint" to me as AC for gamecube felt.

I still really like New Leaf though :D

Back