• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

The Price is Right!

Punchyleaf

森森森森森森&#
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
森
Tasty Cake
Cake
Cherry (Fruit)
Respect to whoever gets the title.

But out of curiosity, depending on your location, what price is the game?
I saw this back in ACC, and apparently, some folks from the UK are finding it at a discounted price of ?32.99... What price do you UK members usually get it for? Because that "discounted" price, when converted to USD is still $50 or so!
Personally, I'll be paying $39.99 USD for the game. I'll be buying two copies of the game so I'll easily spend $100 or more if an English guide is released as well. Even though, most games usually tend to be $35.99-$39.99 (for DS/3DS games)

$39.99 with a ten dollar discount.

And yeah, the UK pays a little more. The difference is a couple of dollars, but still. Not fifty US dollars, though.

More like 43 US dollars.

@Prof Gallows
I just double checked with a converter, even with the discounted price of ?32.99, it converts to $49.59 USD and if they pay full price of ?39.99, they will pay $60.12
Without tax of course. And that's still more than a few dollars :L

Now I'm wondering... If I buy it at GameStop, I'll have to pay out of pocket, but it's closer to my home. But, if I go a little farther and head to Best Buy, I can use my $100 gift card! And if they have the book, it's like i got both for free! :eek:

@Prof Gallows
I just double checked with a converter, even with the discounted price of ?32.99, it converts to $49.59 USD and if they pay full price of ?39.99, they will pay $60.12
Without tax of course. And that's still more than a few dollars :L

Ah yeah, you're right.
I went and double checked myself, and it adds up correctly. Not sure what I did wrong the first time.

I'm not sure whether it will be $69.95 or $59.95, I should be able to get staff discount and further discount as well with my saved up fly buys points >_>

@Prof Gallows
Just chock it up to being up late :p

@Torotix
Woah. I forgot how expensive Australia is. I remember my friend would tell me about how bananas were $15 a kilo! D: Is the Australian DS region locked or is it like the same one Europe gets?

@Prof Gallows
Just chock it up to being up late :p

@Torotix
Woah. I forgot how expensive Australia is. I remember my friend would tell me about how bananas were $15 a kilo! D: Is the Australian DS region locked or is it like the same one Europe gets?

Up late and a number of things rattling my brain. XD

Australia will probably have to cut out the axes. Because those are too violent and Australia loves censoring everything. =3

I guess Australia will have to not let the game come out then! The animals don't wear pants and the dream suite tapir has big boobies. XD still, they do censor a lot. The net will have to go as well since you can hit neighbors with those too. :p

It'll probably be $39.99.

Plus my 15% discount from having both a Target RedCard and employee discount, with tax, it'll be about $36.03 for me.

The awesome part about working in retail is I get to check the system to see when the game is actually coming in :D

The awesome part about working in retail is I get to check the system to see when the game is actually coming in :D

Used to have that luxury. I got to play a bunch of games early because my manager was nice and let me buy it before it was out on the shelves. Used to have some of my work buddies get the game early, so we got to play multiplayer games with almost empty servers.

I get the title, I just never watch the programme (I think it's a programme?)

In the UK, new games are normally priced at ?39.99. Maybe cheaper in different stores.

However, Wii U games in stores like GAME are anywhere from ?42 - ?50... @.@

Prof Gallows, I hope you realise that in general, Australia censors far far less than the US. The problem with Australian games is that we don't have an R rating for games. If a game should be rated R, it gets toned down or doesn't release here. They are looking into that, but in general, America is a far worse place to be living if you don't like censorship.

In the UK when new games are released they are usually ?39.99, so I wouldn't be surprised if it were that price, besides, If the bundle is definitely coming out in the UK, HELL I WILL WAIT ANOTHER MONTH FOR IT.

Back