• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

The Price is Right!

I'm not sure whether it will be $69.95 or $59.95, I should be able to get staff discount and further discount as well with my saved up fly buys points >_>
$69.96

@Torotix
Woah. I forgot how expensive Australia is. I remember my friend would tell me about how bananas were $15 a kilo! D: Is the Australian DS region locked or is it like the same one Europe gets?
Yeah because of a tornado which wiped out all banana plants thus making them expensive -.-
And Australia = Europe

I guess Australia will have to not let the game come out then! The animals don't wear pants and the dream suite tapir has big boobies. XD still, they do censor a lot. The net will have to go as well since you can hit neighbors with those too. :p
Umm no this is one of the dumbest things I've ever read. In fact even though you're joking it's rather rude

But yeah, $69.95 is the average price, but if you know where to shop you can easily pick up the game for $50 - if not cheaper.

Calm down Jake. You can't go and say that Australia doesn't have the worst censoring obsession in the world, because they really do. lol

You guys don't even have a lot of games that were released everywhere else because of it.

tbh I have never picked up on the censorship laws (possibly b/cos I don't play those games) but still, I've never picked up on it or anything

That's different then. =p

For some reason, AU has this insane thing with the amount of violence and gore in games. So it either has to have an option to turn it off, it's taken out, or the game isn't sold.
But you guys did get Borderlands 2, gore and all. Which was pretty good.

I'm not sure where you're getting your information from. What I told you about the 18+ rating is the only thing that effects it. It's the companies that make sure they can sell their game in Australia if they think it would get a rating of 18+ in other countries.

Basically for everything but advertisements, content will be watched/tested by a group of people and they will eventually come to a decision as to what the piece of media should be rated. Advertisements are only regulated by complaints they get after being shown.

@Jake
I was wondering because Australia usually has its own release dates and seperate DS exclusives than other places, so I wasn't sure if you got your own or got Europes.
And I don't think we should get on the topic of anyone being rude here. Because nobody is a saint in here. Dunno what was "rude" about my post, seeing as I was just talking in Random general, and not pointing out anyone from Australia specifically.

And to the topic of gore and censorship, that's also what I read @Prof Gallows, but only the part about selling or not selling, didnt read about the taking things out and stuff. I had read that Aus didn't get the Mortal Kombat game because it was too violent and gorey. I know MK has always been a crazy type game but I never thought it was ban type. :(

Yeah, Torotorix I see where you're coming from. Ever since that R18+ was apparently reinstated back in 2011, games that would've been in the R18+ category would've had to pay a fee for reclassification, then the game could've been sold there. That's when the games were allowed to pass or not. Games will still be not allowed, even for the R18+ rating if it depicts too much illicit drug use and "adult" content.
There are some games that were re released after being censored a bit, but it was for the extreme cases like Left 4 dead 2, Manhunt, Risen, Silent Hill: Homecoming, all the GTA games were re released and unbanned after being censored, and some others as well ^^

I might end up trading in a game to help with the cost, but probably $39.99...
I'm just really happy I actually have the money for it. I just recently received $40 for taking care of a cat, when I was expecting nothing for it. I also have the change to cover tax.
So excited!

The cheapest Irish company I could find which is gamestop and I will have to pay ?34.97.

meh. I'm going to have to buy a US 3DS for this one anyway. So that plus the game would be my price. :p

It'll probably be $39.99.

Plus my 15% discount from having both a Target RedCard and employee discount, with tax, it'll be about $36.03 for me.

Same here!

I plan on getting to my store as soon as it opens to get it too. But I'd be willing to sacrifice my employee discount for a special preorder incentive elsewhere.

well i will have to spend a lot more than a lot of you at once because i am getting a 3DS XL and ACNL. i currently dont have a 3DS, and i never planned on getting one until i heard about this gamelol. so i will be spending like $245ish... :( itll be worth it though >:3 Many days will be spent playing ACNL until the battery gets low, then ill scramble for the charger and sit until who knows when. i see that happening throughout a lot of my summer vacation. its sad that this game will keep me so inactive XD

well i will have to spend a lot more than a lot of you at once because i am getting a 3DS XL and ACNL. i currently dont have a 3DS, and i never planned on getting one until i heard about this gamelol. so i will be spending like $245ish... :( itll be worth it though >:3 Many days will be spent playing ACNL until the battery gets low, then ill scramble for the charger and sit until who knows when. i see that happening throughout a lot of my summer vacation. its sad that this game will keep me so inactive XD

The great thing about ACNL is that it is so easy to walk away from.

I don't mean that in an "addicted" sense. But I mean you can set the game down and go off to do something else. And with streetpass and the play coins being used, you can just leave your DS on while you go about your normal day. Yeah it's harder to get streetpasses in a lot of places in the US, but you might get lucky.

Like say you take something to Re-tail (or is it written differently?) to get the color changed. It takes 30 minutes so why not spend that 30 minutes going for a walk or going to the store or do chores? It's all choice of course. But I like to play in intervals (not initially of course) where I play, go do whatever I need to do or get some fresh air, and then reward myself with more gameplay.

So at least the way the game is set up, it's much easier to keep active.

I think mine will be $39.99? Maybe? All I know is that it's been paid off for a couple months. xD

Lets see... the game will be around $40.00 for me to buy off of Amazon. I assume that the guide will be between $20.00 and $30.00 as well.

So I'm looking at spending Between $60.00 and $70.00 for this game in total. I can easily buy it now, due to having saving up my allowance all my life, but by the time the game does come out I'll hopefully have a job!

I already have a 3DS so I don't need to worry about buying a system. |: I just wish Nintendo had made the XL the default in the first place and not made a second 3DS system with just a bigger screen a month or so AFTER I finally bought mine.

I plan to pre-order my game from Amazon. It's currently $40.
I guess that means I have to wait until Monday to receive it, though. Meh.

---

Yeah it's harder to get streetpasses in a lot of places in the US, but you might get lucky.

I'm lucky enough to get to go to Disney sometimes so it's not as hard for me. It really fills up my map, too. ;) It helps being in a touristy area. A few months ago I tagged two Japanese players with New Leaf. You can imagine how jealous I was. :rolleyes:

I can't spend longer than 30 minutes on WW nowadays. I run out of things to do.
I'm going to try not to play NL longer than 30 mins. per session. I plan to play during breakfast and in the afternoon after I get my daily work done. I need to feel like I earned my extra playtime. :p

Last edited:
I also had the thought to play during the morning hours before heading off to work. Wake up earlier from excitement, get breakfast made and I'm good to play. I'll have more morning time in the summer before my shift starts anyway. Yay! However, there is no way I'll be playing the game on the bus on my way to work. Considering I work downtown and am usually pretty cautious about having my electronics shown in plain view. Not only that, but I'd probably miss my stop since I get too much into games sometimes... :p

Whatever price minus the five I already put down plus the price l the guide.

I don't really care how much it'll be when it comes out. I just want this game so badly! I'm going to get it the first day it comes out at whatever price they set it to no matter what!

Back