• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

The Resetting Thread

I've had my main town for almost a year, and I've gotten all the upgrades for my homes, the shops, etc. It was my first town.
But I feel like my town is just messy and over cluttered and stuff isn't placed very well. I feel like I'm throwing away all the time I put into my first town as well by resetting?
I haven't been playing it very much either as I'm bored with it, and I made an all wolf town just for the hell of it.
I have actual dreamies and I like hunting for villagers.
I love my map though, but things like villager house placement, my police station and others are just odd. And I don r feel like cleaning out everything and reconstruction--I've done it once.

Have you ever restarted your main town? Did you regret it?

It seems like you want to reset, so I think you should. And map resetting only takes a few minutes anyways. :D

I don't know if I should reset my town since I have alot of stuff and its boring + crowded and i want my town to be pretty and stuff.
dc: 5200-3371-7048

UGH! I finally get a perfect map with great villagers are theres a bad rock placement
Should I keep it anyway?
tumblr_n5qhnrzFar1rz1tc3o1_500.jpg
Bad pic but you get the idea

Last edited:
One bad rock placement vs a map you love and "good villagers"? No contest. Besides, I have that same rock placement in two of my towns, and it's easy to landscape around.

So I finally reset my town. Spent a couple resets looking for a decent map with good starting villagers.

Rolled a town with Genji, Chief, Punchy, and Rudy as starters.

Thought about it. Decided to keep going.

Rolled a town with Fang and Stitches 10 minutes later. Decided to stick with it!

And then I started doing resets to eliminate the Uchi plot, so I'd be limited to looking for Normal and Smug. Two resets in? Julian. Looks like he was impatient to see me. xD;

Another three resets to find an Uchi? Phoebe. She's in an AWEFUL place, though, smack in front of my house and next door to the Hown Hall. .-.

This town is going pretty well so far~

Woo kept the map and couldn't be happier!
Now it's time to do the lovely task of villager resetting.

Three rounds of villager resetting later, and I've netted Marshal (by accident!), Muffy, and Genji. They're all keepers. I've got one more random move-in before I hit 9 villagers.

I'm going for a 2-of-each-tier system in my town, with as much species diversity as possible. I still need something from tiers 3 and 4, so that's what I'll aim for next.

Sadly my perfect town got deleted by me accidently dropping my 3DS .-.
Luckily my main town is safe.

OH MY GOD, I JUST LOADED A NEW TOWN AND GOT FAUNA, ROSIE, AND BRUCE.

mfw when theres an ugly rock cluster in town i hate my luck

Last edited:
I've decided to keep my town for now.
Unsure about my character's face which might be a big issue later but eeeh, I've already picked up all my stuff and paid off a few loans. Probably just not used to it. (Face CAA)

who said map resetting takes a few minutes what kind of luck do you even have to have map resetting take under an hour ;-;

who said map resetting takes a few minutes what kind of luck do you even have to have map resetting take under an hour ;-;

I think my map resets have taken 5 minutes and 3 minutes. o_O Although I didn't care about grass and native fruits.

tumblr_n502ewm50A1tan2xro2_400.jpg

I have made a Sailor Moon themed town including; characters, themed houses and outfits.. Thing is I'm not sure if I should keep the one I have or start over.

I don't have the most lovely map I know.. My villager houses aren't done..

But I do have on the other hand my villagers, lots of badges, and upgraded houses..

So I'm torn. I'm looking for people willing to visit my dream town; don't mind all the items on the ground.. I have to put them away on the respective characters. I want some opinions on what people think.. if its going in a good way or if I should restart, rename Andel to Serena.. etc/etc. It'd be easy to get the QR codes.. as most I made myself.. the outfits will be easily replaced.. and the paths are online.

Thanks so much ;//; I will return the favor by visiting your town if you'd like?
5500-3708-0882

I think my map resets have taken 5 minutes and 3 minutes. o_O Although I didn't care about grass and native fruits.

Even so, it still takes me a good few hours just for a good map. :x I guess the animal crossing gods don't favor me.

That is some REALLY nice building placement, woah
//jealous

So, I do love my town to bits. It has pears (my faves), nice building placement, blue town hall, red train station, and for me I've decided it's generally quite perfect. As in, it wasn't my perfect town to begin with, but it's grown to be.

However, I've started to become a little bored with the game. I feel like I need a fresh start, but I also don't want to delete my current town. I need new goals and new faces, but again, I love all my villagers and my town, so I'm extremely torn. I'm not going to get a second copy because for me, personally, it feels like a waste of money, so that's out of the question :(

I just need some advice on what to do. D:

Last edited:
So, I do love my town to bits. It has pears (my faves), nice building placement, blue town hall, red train station, and for me I've decided it's generally quite perfect. As in, it wasn't my perfect town to begin with, but it's grown to be.

However, I've started to become a little bored with the game. I feel like I need a fresh start, but I also don't want to delete my current town. I need new goals and new faces, but again, I love all my villagers and my town, so I'm extremely torn. I'm not going to get a second copy because for me, personally, it feels like a waste of money, so that's out of the question :(

If you feel like resetting, do it. I say get a maximum of 3 favourite villagers held (no smugs or uchis, you can plot reset for those). Then you have a nice mix of familiar faces and new ones. If you regret not getting a villager held, you can always get them back.

Maybe take a break for a few weeks? And if you still feel the same way about your town when you return to your game, you can still consider whether to reset or not.

You could start a new character ^_^

Back