• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

THE TRAIN STATION

Police Car.
They can drop you off and inform you that you've arrived in a rehabilitation town to teach you to lead a calmer lifestyle. Your Mum can send a letter early in game to apologise for grassing you up and villagers should be weary of you for a few weeks, but everyone refuses to talk about your mysterious past. Nook gives you a house out of fear.

It's actually a trolley car, not a train! So they did kinda change it up for New Leaf. You'll notice that you won't hear the whistle of a train or the classic chugging noise of the wheels. Instead, you'll just hear wheels running over the tracks at a fast speed. At least, I hear the difference. ^^;
But still, I love it more than the taxi or bus. A train is very nostalgic, and I feel like the development team were trying to keep that feel, but make it a bit more modern. Thus, the trolley!

Last edited:
I wish they would have used the original train... that trolly car makes it feel like I'm not traveling very far from home. Trains just seem so rustic and fit the setting really well. I hated the cab and bus because the villages do not have roads. Made no sense for those vehicles to randomly drive into town when there's no road to drive on and the only way out is through the gates. And we never see it drive through the gates. >> I don't care about the nostalgia factor at all, I just think the train was the most realistic transportation to imply we're moving far away from home for the first time to a tiny out of the way village.

An airplane would ruin the atmosphere to me. Unless it was something like Super Mario Sunshine the airport would ruin the small town feeling. And even with an airport like that, it would make the town feel like a tropical destination instead of a place you're supposed to settle down in permanently.

An airplane or a helicopter would just not be AC-ish. Those are a way to modern und urban way of travelling, which simply does not fit to the small, calm village-feeling that Animal Crossing is known for.

I love the train station. ♥

Last edited:
I'm glad the train station returned. I loved seeing and hearing the train in Population Growing. It was more eventful than town gates too. Plus, arriving by bus or taxi just seemed hectic and hurried to me. A train/trolley is more relaxing and fitting to the Animal Crossing atmosphere.

I like the train. The train is much different from the GC one though so I classify it as a new transportation. It also is more of a trolley anyway.

I love the train station. The bus was really strange, and the taxi was just for once. Airplane or helicopter would be too futuristic imo.

In a game where there are solar panel community projects, I don't think it's much of a stretch in that direction.

Would be cool if the solar panels actually did something :( but yeah, I like my little trolley. While I would've thought it better to use the bullet train or even a big boat, the trolley is all comfy-cozy

Would be cool if the solar panels actually did something :( but yeah, I like my little trolley. While I would've thought it better to use the bullet train or even a big boat, the trolley is all comfy-cozy

The thing that puts me off is that it's a huge part of our town -- and it's identical to everyone elses. Which is why I'd rather have the transportation be a little helicopter that isn't much. Same with the shopping street across the tracks -- I wish the shop placement was randomized XP

But wouldn't it still be identical to everyone else's as well since we would all show up by helicopter? 0.o
Yeah, I do wish we could've arranged the shops around though. 3: but I'm sure that'll be the least of my worries when I get my hands on the game haha

But wouldn't it still be identical to everyone else's as well since we would all show up by helicopter? 0.o
Yeah, I do wish we could've arranged the shops around though. 3: but I'm sure that'll be the least of my worries when I get my hands on the game haha
Yes, but it is a much smaller object, where as the train station is a huge part of your town.

Hmm... I wonder, would we see the helicopter fly by periodically like the trolley does? And wow, now thinking about it, it would've been great to see a boat (maybe tortimer on it) going underneath the bridge at times :O

Hmm... I wonder, would we see the helicopter fly by periodically like the trolley does? And wow, now thinking about it, it would've been great to see a boat (maybe tortimer on it) going underneath the bridge at times :O

Maybe? XD

Yeah.. That would be cool. And maybe sometimes old villagers who moved out could be on it too?

I like the train station because it relates to ACGC which is my favourite AC game.

Maybe instead of a train station, they could have used like, a subway? Or a boat which I think makes the most sense, and it's never been done before. But oh well, I like the train station.

Sky diving and boat cruising neighbors. They must've retired with Tortimer when they left xD

I think a helicopter or a plane is a bit much. :p Takes away from that small-town feel.

I like the train. Ive only ever played Wild World and City Folk, which had the taxi and the bus as their themed transport, so I feel like all the towns are different because of their use of transport. I like trains.

An airport takes up less space than a train station?

And anyways, the train tracks double as a top-border for the town. It's not like it cuts through the middle or anything like that. Id rather have some train railings instead of a slope of mountains between me and the shopping district I guess.

I like the train, it feels like you are somehow connected to everyone else!

Back