• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

The Ultimate Island Bell Farming Guide

Thank you very much for this :D usually been making 200,000 a night, so hopefully will make more tonight

I followed your guide, with the exception that I've captured a few Goliaths, and I ended with 6 golden stags (I didn't knew I could do such thing), 1 Horned Hercules (finally!), 10 Horned Elephants, 9 Cyclommatus, 6 horned atlas, 6 Goliaths and 3 Rainbow Stags.

Result: Got to the Island with 34.000 bells, and when I finished selling at Re-Tail, I had about 387.000. Along the farming I did yesterday, I have 820.000 bells in the bank.

I think you got mixed up a little bit. The hammerhead sharks are the ones worth 8,000. Saw sharks are 13,000 I think. Great guide. I've been doing this since I got the island and have made quite a bit. One thing I look out for is if someone is camping in town. Sometimes the camper will offer to play a game to buy one of your bugs or sharks. It is an easy 50 k + per bug or shark if you manage to pick the right color etc. You just need to repeatedly talk to the camper until the game is offered. In one sitting with the camper, I made 1,000,000+.

Does anybody know any other ways of farming bells, aside from catching stags on the island?

I have seen posts about the stalk market. Is that an ingame thing, or is that all on the forums?

It's a risk to procure the Turnips to begin with. But, if the initial cost is suitable, buy a bunch & in the Stalk Market thread run by Charity, friend a group of members that will 'announce' their daily Turnip prices- the higher Retail is offering per Turnip, the greater the profit. The town w/ the best value will obviously host this 'group.'

Turnips have a weekly shelf life- control your prospects or risk a tough loss. Good luck!

I'm sort of less agreeing on the goliath beetle part if you're trying to get all the beetles in before 11 PM, otherwise forget about them! You might be able to earn more catching them, re-tail before time ends. I find it usually lets me cut to under 30 minutes to get in much more money.

You can still scare the beetles away though it's likely they'll form into a common bug if you're unlucky. Just don't bother with Goliath ever if you're catching after 11 PM, saving the beetles somewhere imo.

[edit] Also the Horned Hercules is worth more than that! Okay I'm wrong I think.

Also from personal experience I found golden stag somehow worse in sensitivity - but probably from all directions.

I think some beetles have more sensitivity when approaching them from the side andteh front of the tree.

Last edited:
How many bells are other people getting from this method?

I'm getting around 506k an hour, 338k per trip. Each trip takes around 40 minutes (including selling and banking) and I'm catching goliaths and don't have the rich town ordinance.

I don't find Wharf Roaches difficult to get rid of, from my experience (and I apologize if this has been said) swinging your net close enough to it will cause it to flee.

Note: Hammerhead Sharks are only worth around 8,000. All other sharks available on the island are worth 100,000+, however, so only the Hammerhead isn't worth it.

------------------
What? Re-tail buys my sharks for 12,000 each... what do you mean 100,000

Just got 396,000 bells for a trip. This was with cutting down all the trees and bushes in the centre (although emperor butterflies still spawned. I caught them and released them so they'd disappear. I don't know if beetles still spawn when butterflies are there or not though so I did this just to make sure). 396,000 bells is good to say there was about 10 sharks that popped up yet I only managed to get 2 :rolleyes: I also wasn't very good at catching golden stags/horned Hercules.

@Divergent: Wonderful! Try for an even better record. Trust me, it isn't overwhelmingly difficult to score 400,000+ from a trip :3

@zblueboltz: Yeah, that's the one, outstanding variable about this process: the amount of time that it takes. You sort of just have to get lucky :X

I catch Goliaths and still make about 400-450k per run with the wealthy ordinance. I also keep two trees in the center since Rainbow Stags spawn there and sell for a whopping 10k. No bushes/flowers in my island, either, and chasing off roaches is not at all hard. Great guide!

Back