• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

The Ultimate Island Bell Farming Guide

I catch Goliaths and still make about 400-450k per run with the wealthy ordinance. I also keep two trees in the center since Rainbow Stags spawn there and sell for a whopping 10k. No bushes/flowers in my island, either, and chasing off roaches is not at all hard. Great guide!

This is another way of doing it. I'll be sure to work this into the OP, somehow.

I would recommend cutting down and removing EVERYTHING from the center of the island because it makes the rarer beetles respawn more and quicker. Also if you see sharks catch them the only thing you can pull up from a shark shadow that you dont want is the Ocean Sunfish. They give you like no bells. ^_^

Here's a neat tip/trick of cisumstance I found:

If you have your net up, but you want to stop using it (perhaps you started sneaking too early) BUT you're afraid of scaring a beetle away by letting o, press the menu button with the net still up.

This will perform a "net cancel"

@zblueboltz: Yeah, that's the one, outstanding variable about this process: the amount of time that it takes. You sort of just have to get lucky :X

It's not just luck. >:c I R good bugcatcher

Anotehr tip may be to go in and out the hut, since sometimes you can't find the bugs I guess. It'll have a good chance to spawn a beetle.

Last edited:
what a nice guide, made 1mil bells last night :)
but i want to ask what's the purpose of the 4 trees in the middle? i did a splendid run last night without the 4 trees

Dunno if anyone's found this out but, if you hold down the A button, your character goes into stalking/creeper mode.
It makes it easier to inch towards those really sensitive beetles. Though it doesn't mean you can move lots as they can still fly away.

Back