• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

The Use of Motion Controls

seriously?

motion controls are great
I would prefer if games didnt bother with them. Or if Sony/Ninty took the microsoft way and made an entirely separate "console" devoted to motion controls (Kinect) while still having a non-motion system (360)

that's actually a good point though.

I dont own an xbox though so :\

but i do think an option is nice

What if Nintendo decided to add a submarine that could be driven by Kapp'n or Gulliver where you can use the gyroscope to have a look around the telescope at different fish in the ocean?

I don't mind motion controls assuming it isn't something ******** like SHAKE YOUR 3DS TO SHAKE THE TREE FOR BELLS!!!!!! (don't get any ideas Nintendo...) It should be reserved for stuff like driving in Mario Kart 7 or looking around an area like in Super Mario 3D Land.

What if Nintendo decided to add a submarine that could be driven by Kapp'n or Gulliver where you can use the gyroscope to have a look around the telescope at different fish in the ocean?
doesn't sound like Nintendo's style so i doubt this'd happen. What's the point going into a submarine and looking at fish?

I don't mind motion controls assuming it isn't something ******** like SHAKE YOUR 3DS TO SHAKE THE TREE FOR BELLS!!!!!! (don't get any ideas Nintendo...) It should be reserved for stuff like driving in Mario Kart 7 or looking around an area like in Super Mario 3D Land.

yeah if they did make shaking the 3DS to shake trees - oh gawd, i'd probably pull out a gun and shoot myself in the head.
but as is, if should just be for going into 1st person mode and looking around

...assuming it isn't something ******** like SHAKE YOUR 3DS TO SHAKE THE TREE FOR BELLS!!!!!!
Yeah I can see many 3DS' smashed on the ground. I mean shaking your 3DS to shake trees? Your console would slip out of your hands and smash wouldn't it? I don't think Nintendo would be that idiotic.

My 3ds shake brings the bells to the yard!
D...m right it's better then yours!
I can teach you, but I have to charge!

Last edited:
My 3ds shake brings the bells to the yard!
I can teach you, but I have to charge!
*Shakes head disapprovingly*
JasonBurrows said:
A sub would be pretty cool, but it might be too much.

I like the motion controls for Zelda, and I think it would work well in this game for things like looking at the sky and other such things. I'm not sure about the fish thing...that may be too much. I definitely don't care for the trees thing...my luck, it would slip out of my hands and fall on the ground and smash into little pieces. I don't grip things as well as I use to.

Overall, I think motion controls should stick to the Wii. The 3DS is the first 3D console, it doesn't need to go overboard and have motion control as well.

Overall, I think motion controls should stick to the Wii. The 3DS is the first 3D console, it doesn't need to go overboard and have motion control as well.

IMO, they should have motion controls, but take notes of how they were used in OoT.

If they can reproduce how they were used in OoT then they could actually be a pretty good feature in the game

If they use motion controls like they did in OoT 3D, then I'd be fine with it. Maybe you could look up to get a better aim at the floating presents, IDK.

I think a good way to implement it is to hold down both L and R and that switches to Gyro view as those buttons are easy to maintain when moving the system around and the thumbs could be left free to do a slingshot/shooting kind of thing :)

I think a good way to implement it is to hold down both L and R and that switches to Gyro view as those buttons are easy to maintain when moving the system around and the thumbs could be left free to do a slingshot/shooting kind of thing :)
this is actually a good idea

this is actually a good idea

I said L and R as, as well as what I said, There is also less a chance of annoying zooming in by accident like I Keep doing in Mario Tennis Open, which is so annoying mid rally -.-

Back