• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

The Way Time Flows

adrino

Junior Detective
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
I was never interested in Animal Crossing. I knew of it and read a lot of stuff about it, but it just never caught my interest. Around the I joined a gaming community, City Folk was the talk of the town. I had made a lot of friends in that community and they would all play together, among other games. I would sit out City Folk groups and just wait until we play Mario Kart or whatever else we decided to play.

New Leaf came out and I was still just as resilient towards the game or series. All those friends were hyped off the rails with that game and spent a lot of time playing with each other. Twitter would flood with turnip prices or gate inquiries. There was a lot of influence around me but I resisted. There was a point where I gave City Folk a try.. I didn't get past naming my town.. got rid of my Wii games a few days later (All except Brawl.)

So years went on and there has been a lot of things that changed. An incident came up that tore a rift between me and those people I use to call my closest friends. It was a painful event in my life and seeing them turn their backs on me was almost too much for me to bear. But it's all in the past now and they've all moved on together without me. I do get curious now and then as to how they're doing.. but it is what it is.

Now last month, I ended up with the game. One of the friends (who is also my ex) whom share similar origins as to how we met up with the aforementioned friends, he had been egging me on about getting the game and so when I finally did, he was ecstatic. I would text him every few minutes or hours about stuff I was doing in the game, asking him questions, sharing my angst over the punny descriptions on bugs and fish...

As I walk around my town though... I can't help but see it so empty. I sit and wonder.. how much fun I missed out on with those friends.. or even wonder if they would bother to play with me now. I miss them.. and playing the game more and more, I start to understand what they talked about around me and the excitement or frustrations certain things made on them.

This is how time flows. It flows forward. My involvement in the catastrophic event has forever sealed the gate of repairing the lost friendships and I've learned to accept it. My friend mentioned TBT during a conversation and I decided to check it out. I stalked it for a bit before deciding.. why not. I was reluctant on ever joining another community.. but I took a deep breath and did. And you know.. it's been a positive experience so far. I've met really friendly people all with the single thought in place: To play with and help out each other in Animal Crossing. I've also met someone who's really made an impression on me and I hope to keep him in my life as close as I possibly can... despite how far we are.. I wish to extend my heart out to him the best I can.. I really care about him. The people who make up this community have made me feel welcomed and at east at being able to be a part of a group to enjoy a sole purpose, to play, make connections, and make the most of our gaming.

I can't wait for the next installment of the series.. Probably looking past Happy Home Designer.. but on a home console maybe? Who knows.. all I know is.. I'll be on the first platform for the hype train this time.

Back