• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

The Wii U

Wow, that sucks. I hope this problem isn't widespread. Although that thread you posted certainly isn't very encouraging.

Well, this ****ing sucks.

My Wii U is broken. No video output and a blinking blue light. Of course, it's sold out everywhere so I can't get a replacement. Found this too: http://techforums.nintendo.com/message/77984

Only a little frustrating. :|
Aww, really? I feel bad for you :(
I will get a lawyer and sue the quality assurance team.

Apparently, a lot of people are already having problems. Aside from the 1-4 hour update, it's having trouble reading disks for some people, some people cannot connect to the internet, some people cannot play Wii games; people aren't happy, Bob. Not. Happy.

Guys, whatever you do...

DON'T UNPLUG IT DURING THE SYSTEM UPDATE!

Multiple people have said it will brick your console.

Guys, whatever you do...

DON'T UNPLUG IT DURING THE SYSTEM UPDATE!

Multiple people have said it will brick your console.
Its only been what, a couple of HOURS and there is so much bugs. TSK TSK NINTENDO.

Mine's been fine so far. I'm crossing my fingers that nothing goes awry.

True, but it's still not a wise design choice. The power could go out, or it could freeze up and the person has no choice. Maybe it had been going for hours longer than the person expected and he/she had to leave or get off the internet. So there are reasons it could happen besides just stupidity, but at any rate, it shouldn't ruin the system. But clearly Nintendo wasn't ready for launch (for whatever reason) and had to rush all this stuff at the last minute.

The reason this launch is so messy, with 2 hour updates, and defective systems out of the box, is because, the system simply isn't ready. I am 99% certain that the only reason the system is having issues, is because The Big 'N', wanted to have the system out for Christmas. I mean, look at the success of the Wii during it's first Christmas. Amazing. And, from the looks of things, the Wii U is going to have close to the same response. So, I can definitely see the thought behind rushing the console.

TL;DR: The Wii U is so buggy because, Nintendo rushed the console so they could make big bucks at Christmas. And it seems to be working.

True, but it's still not a wise design choice. The power could go out, or it could freeze up and the person has no choice. Maybe it had been going for hours longer than the person expected and he/she had to leave or get off the internet. So there are reasons it could happen besides just stupidity, but at any rate, it shouldn't ruin the system. But clearly Nintendo wasn't ready for launch (for whatever reason) and had to rush all this stuff at the last minute.

The system can run by itself while they are out, I see no reason why you'd have to take it off the net either. Yes, it's stupid, but Nintendo doesn't think ahead anymore. They showed that with the 3DS and they're showing it now.

Some people don't like leaving things running when they're out of the house, especially if they'll be gone for a while. Or maybe they have to share the internet with someone else who needed it, etc. But yeah, it's funny because of how Nintendo said they learned from their mistakes with the 3DS launch and vowed to be prepared for the Wii U launch. Yeah, okay.

You can't save ACCF data to an SD Card, I have tried...
But Nintendo has said there will be a way to transfer Nintendo Wii data to your Nintendo Wii U.
Ahh good. Figured there'd be some game transfer but i not following the Wii U so I didn't know but this is good

The reason this launch is so messy, with 2 hour updates, and defective systems out of the box, is because, the system simply isn't ready. I am 99% certain that the only reason the system is having issues, is because The Big 'N', wanted to have the system out for Christmas. I mean, look at the success of the Wii during it's first Christmas. Amazing. And, from the looks of things, the Wii U is going to have close to the same response. So, I can definitely see the thought behind rushing the console.

TL;DR: The Wii U is so buggy because, Nintendo rushed the console so they could make big bucks at Christmas. And it seems to be working.

yeah. I never really expected it to have so many problems but meh. I'm not getting one for a while

Yeah, there's a transfer tool. I'd tell you all about it except MY WII U IS ****ING BROKEN! :(

Update for anyone who cares:

I got super lucky and Best Buy got a few more units in today. So far, this unit seems to be functioning properly so that's good. Running the System Update at the moment so once that's done I will post my Nintendo Network ID for anyone who wishes to add me!

EDIT: My Nintendo ID is FearMyWrench if anyone wants to add me. Recommended that you add through Miiverse so it sends a request otherwise I have to add your name too.

Last edited:
Update for anyone who cares:

I got super lucky and Best Buy got a few more units in today. So far, this unit seems to be functioning properly so that's good. Running the System Update at the moment so once that's done I will post my Nintendo Network ID for anyone who wishes to add me!

EDIT: My Nintendo ID is FearMyWrench if anyone wants to add me. Recommended that you add through Miiverse so it sends a request otherwise I have to add your name too.

so nintendo ID's are words like PSN and not numbers. cool

The Wii only sold so much because of all the advertisements and the hype of motion controls. But tell me one person who isn't on the internet who knows what a Wii U actually is. I feel like after the Holiday season the Wii U sales won't do so hot. I'm predicting a price drop sometime next year. You heard it hear first!!!!1

Back