• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

The Wii U

The Wii only sold so much because of all the advertisements and the hype of motion controls. But tell me one person who isn't on the internet who knows what a Wii U actually is. I feel like after the Holiday season the Wii U sales won't do so hot. I'm predicting a price drop sometime next year. You heard it hear first!!!!1

Yeah right.

It's funny because similar things happened to the 3DS. Anyone remember how half of the features were missing from Day 1? Then we had to get an update to get things like the eShop? Nintendo keeps shoveling out unfinished products, as was said. Case and point is the 3DS. Lacked most of its software, had poor launch titles, the price was ridiculous, etc. Nintendo, your fans aren't going anywhere. Actually take time and FINISH your system.

Ohh I remember having 2 wait 5-eva to get on the eshop fml

Making this post from the Wii U internet browser. It's surprisingly good!

It's funny because similar things happened to the 3DS. Anyone remember how half of the features were missing from Day 1? Then we had to get an update to get things like the eShop? Nintendo keeps shoveling out unfinished products, as was said. Case and point is the 3DS. Lacked most of its software, had poor launch titles, the price was ridiculous, etc. Nintendo, your fans aren't going anywhere. Actually take time and FINISH your system.
I agree.

Though the Wii U feels so nice. <3 Downloading system update now.

I agree.

Though the Wii U feels so nice. <3 Downloading system update now.

Add me! FearMyWrench! Through Miiverse and not Friends List app preferably. Otherwise, it won't send a request and we'll have to do old school Nintendo add eachother.

I agree that the 3DS did have those issues but they have managed to cover most of it with this launch.

1) For Wii U, I can't think of much that is missing besides a couple promised Video on Demand apps like Hulu Plus and Amazon Video (Netflix was on Day One). But it's only been 3 days and they already have Hulu Plus out so it shouldn't be long.

2) eShop is here on Day One with most retail games available digitally plus some Indie games like Trine 2.

3) Launch lineup is surprisingly good for a launch! A new 2D Mario and Nintendo Land (for the record, it's MUCH better than E3 protrayed it) from Nintendo, two of this year's biggest fall third-party games (Black Ops 2, Assassin's Creed 3), and a pretty decent exclusive from Ubisoft: ZombiU.

4) I'll concede the price could use some work. It's different from the 3DS though. At $250 they were clearly raking in a good profit but they're actually selling at slight loss this time around.

Last edited:
Going to be looking out for online deals on Black Friday. Otherwise I'll just get it whenever.

My mom wouldnt let me have a wii u even if it was on sale for 3 dollars only because it's a fad. So in concluision, just because every one else has one she wont let me have a wii u

My mom wouldnt let me have a wii u even if it was on sale for 3 dollars only because it's a fad. So in concluision, just because every one else has one she wont let me have a wii u

Not everyone has the money for a Wii U. You should be happy with what you have.

Meanwhile while all these issues are coming up on the console I'll be perfectly happy playing Yoshi's story on the wii :>

I got my 3DS for full price. It lacked all the basic features, and had such basic games when it released. I spent ?250 and a month later (still with no good games) it drops to ?120. This has taught me a lesson never to buy Nintendo franchises until a few months after.
And then the 3DS XL releases.

I am not getting the Wii U until Animal Crossing or Mario Kart Wii U come out for it... and Nintendo better not make that mistake again.

I can finally confirm what I will be getting on Friday the 30th of November.

Nintendo Wii U Premium Bundle
Nintendo Wii U Pro Controller
Nintendo Land (Comes with Nintendo Wii U Premium Bundle)
New Super Mario Bros. U
Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed
Disney's Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two
New Super Mario Bros. U Strategy Guide

Just popping in to post my Nintendo Network ID here in case anyone wants to add me. It's Tyeforce, of course. =P The Wii U will keep me very busy until New Leaf comes out, lol.

I was talking to my friend who is a store manager in a video game store last night, he told me that he is going to go to the original store that I had my Nintendo Wii U preordered at and personally bring it up to the store where he is the store manager.

I had to make this move because I got pretty much pushed out of the original store because I was just asking a member of staff a question regarding the Nintendo Wii U and the manager thought that I was just talking to them for general chat which I wasn't, they were also quite busy that day.
But regardless, there was no need for that other manager to be rude like he was.

Just popping in to post my Nintendo Network ID here in case anyone wants to add me. It's Tyeforce, of course. =P The Wii U will keep me very busy until New Leaf comes out, lol.

HOLY BALLS ITS TYE. Hi there, how's life?

Oh right this is the Wii U thread.... SO HOW ABOUT THAT GAMEPAD GUYS?

Not everyone has the money for a Wii U. You should be happy with what you have.

Meanwhile while all these issues are coming up on the console I'll be perfectly happy playing Yoshi's story on the wii :>

Did'nt I say I didnt have the money for a wiiu? My parents dont even have the money to give me a room of my own!

I was gonna get a wii u next week but my terrible luck has shot my PS3's blu-ray drive in the face so now I have to buy one of those... I now have a huge PS1/dvd player though! ..... :'(

How is the Wii U so far? :D

I am ?80.00 away from being able to purchase myself a Nintendo Wii U Premium Bundle plus Nintendo Land, a Nintendo Wii U Pro Controller, a New Super Mario Bros. U Game Guide and finally Disney's Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two for the Nintendo Wii U.

I have already paid for New Super Mario Bros. U and Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed (Limited Edition)

Back