• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

『themed towns 』

ᴡʜɪᴄʜ ᴛʜᴇᴍᴇ sʜᴏᴜʟ&#742

• Total voters

Moonfall

wishin&#
Bells
Sautéed Mushrooms
Spores
Tasty Cake
『themed towns 』

After seeing the 'forest town masterlist post' on Tumblr made me re-consider making my main town a forest themes town :c. I've seen many forest towns and I think they mostly look very similar to eachother and there is only little creativity which is what lost my inspiration and motivation to make a forest town ;-;. Should I stick with a forest themed town or get a new theme and choose different names and dreamies? It would also mean soo much if you list some potentially great themes for my new town if you every come across any! ◕ ◡ ◕

I think you should stick with the forest town if that's what you want. You can make your's more different than others anyways. If you wanna do a different theme, try fairy tale or zoo theme.

Your town should be your town. Don't compare it to anybody else's. If a forest town is your favourite then go with it, don't worry about it because it's yours.

I think you should stick with the forest town if that's what you want. You can make your's more different than others anyways. If you wanna do a different theme, try fairy tale or zoo theme.
I aim for my forest town to have rainbow flowers and lakes full of lanterns. Thank you for your response! May I ask what is a zoo theme?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Your town should be your town. Don't compare it to anybody else's. If a forest town is your favourite then go with it, don't worry about it because it's yours.
Okay! I will try to add unique twists to it, thank you!

A zoo theme would be like, your villagers homes are cages for them. Like a zoo, and you make a little jungle with it too for their habitat.

If you want you could also make a park themed town or something.

Yeah, forest town sounds great, you can just add on other themes and ideas to it if it seems a bit bland and keep your top favourite dreamies and switching the rest out if you like

Stick with forest theme if that is what you want. You can try to be creative and make your town different from other typical forest towns!

Also, could you link the forest town masterlist? I would love to see it. ;o;

You should stick to what you really wanna do :) You can create a very unique forest town that are different from all the others you seen. I'm sure if you ask around on TBT for help the members would gladly pitch in ideas c:

Forest towns are my favourite too and I had second thoughts about making mine a forest town since I found one that looked pretty much exactly like what I wanted for mine. In the end though you'll be happiest making it what you want it to be and not comparing it to what other people are doing, whether because it's too common or too unique

i think you should go with whatever theme you want! speaking as someone who saw that masterpost and is working on my own forest town at the moment, it's actually good i found the masterpost, since i could visit some towns from it and learn some things.

i really think your idea of a the rainbow and lantern stuff is fantastic and very original! i've never seen that before, let alone in a forest town! good luck, and i hope you love your town :D

If you're going with a forest town, add some paths to it that matches with it.

If you like forests and the outdoors, then do a forest town. Every theme you could imagine has probably already been done by someone else anyway, so if you do a different theme, there will be other towns of the same theme anyway. The nice thing about a forest town is that you can model it after your own personal experiences to make it different from everyone else's forest town (whereas many fairy-tale towns are based off of the same Disney movies everyone watches). In my opinion, a forest / nature town is one of the best ways to make your town a "me town" because it does not have to be based off of movies, TV shows, video games, comic books, etc.

Aw, thank you all so much! I appreciate all of the sweet comments and suggestons that everyone made, I might wait longer for more suggestions n.n

To be honest, even if you pick an overused theme, who cares? Why should you compare it to a bunch of strangers? As well, it's hard to stand out when there are easily over 1k towns. Your town is unique because it's yours and that's all that matters. You're the one visiting it everyday so you have to like it and be happy being in it. Just do what you want! C:

I say go for a forest town as well. You can always make it a little different by putting your town in a different season, using different pwps etc.

I'm going for a forest/natural town, so I'd say go for it! Perhaps you could use natural paths - as in, the ones made using grass deterioration - for it, just to make it stand out that little bit more (as natural paths can be a pain in the neck). If you wanted to stand out even more, try doing something unique with items or flowers. I've seen people use ores as a means of decor, so you could maybe use that. Or, if you're looking for something really unique, use a different season. Most towns use summer or spring, from what I've seen. So why not use autumn or winter?

Just some ideas, hope thing helps!

Maybe go for a forest themed town but mix-it up a bit. You could use the forest theme with another theme like forest and fairy-tale theme or a wintery forest theme or you could use a warm forest theme and use only flowers that have warm colours, i.e. orange, red and yellow flowers with the sweet olive bushes.

Back