• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Themed Towns?

Aquas

New Leafian
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
I've started to plan out my town and was wondering, does anyone else theme their town?

Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga is possibly my favorite handheld game of all time, so I want to theme my town after it. It will take hard work, but I am willing to do it! :) First off, I would name my town Beanbean. Then I was think about making sections in my town. The sections would be connected by pathway of some unique design, and, depending on where the pathway leads, it would have the name of the area on it. For example, I would make an entirely wooded area, and the pathway leading to it would say "Chucklehuck Woods". I was also thinking of using the Public Works Projects to make Photo-ops with that area's creatures. Chuckola Cola, Popple, Rookie, Queen Bean, Cackletta, even Mario & Luigi.

What do you all think? Do you think it's a good idea and that it could possibly work and turn out nicely?
Please reply with feedback! :)

I've started to plan out my town and was wondering, does anyone else theme their town?

Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga is possibly my favorite handheld game of all time, so I want to theme my town after it. It will take hard work, but I am willing to do it! :) First off, I would name my town Beanbean. Then I was think about making sections in my town. The sections would be connected by pathway of some unique design, and, depending on where the pathway leads, it would have the name of the area on it. For example, I would make an entirely wooded area, and the pathway leading to it would say "Chucklehuck Woods". I was also thinking of using the Public Works Projects to make Photo-ops with that area's creatures. Chuckola Cola, Popple, Rookie, Queen Bean, Cackletta, even Mario & Luigi.

What do you all think? Do you think it's a good idea and that it could possibly work and turn out nicely?
Please reply with feedback! :)

Oh man, Superstar Saga has to be one of the greatest games I have ever played. You wouldn't think a game like it could work well, but man, does it ever.

In any case, I've never really even thought of giving my town a theme before, but I suppose all of the new features can make it possible this time. I may just consider it, yes.

I like the idea of a themed town, I know some people do this. I wish you luck if you decide to do this. Luckily this is made more possible by town projects.

It does sound somewhat fun, but I feel it would be too restricting. So I won't do it personally. However, if I do come across another town that's well themed, I'll definitely have a fun time wandering through and admiring it!

It sounds cool, but I won't do that in my town. It's too much work or something..

Sounds like a pretty good idea. I haven't really planned a 'theme' for my town yet. Good luck with your town!! :) ;)

It does sound somewhat fun, but I feel it would be too restricting. So I won't do it personally. However, if I do come across another town that's well themed, I'll definitely have a fun time wandering through and admiring it!

Yes, that is a dilemma I came across. While it would be neat to see and have a themed town, it is very restricting. Maybe I'll just "modify" my themed version of Superstar Saga a little.

I'm going to make a romeo and juliet themed dream village.

I will either make mine pink-japanese themed or resident evil themed.

If I do a theme at all, it'll be something from my head, I guess. I hardly ever get to make things like how I really want them to be, so an actual place like how I want would be fantastic.

Or I'd make it Adventure Time and Superjail themed. o-o It would be awesome.

That sounds really cool , I'm debating...on one hand I wanna make a walking dead town but on the other I just wanna go with the flow

No theme yet but im thinking of having it with lots of flowers and nice natural colored paths so it blends in with the ground. Been trying to find a path that I like but im having no luck. :<

I had an idea of making something along the lines of "cultural districts". Like I thought with the Japanese items, I'd make a forest filled with bamboo, and the Japanese items. Also, I'd make a nice garden area surrounding my house. :)

I had an idea of making something along the lines of "cultural districts". Like I thought with the Japanese items, I'd make a forest filled with bamboo, and the Japanese items. Also, I'd make a nice garden area surrounding my house. :)

That would be interesting.

I'm second guessing myself now. I'm not sure I want to name my town Beanbean. I might fail my theme utterly and be stuck with the town name Beanbean and a normal town. Hmm...

^ Well if you decide to do it, good luck~ I also forgot to mention I would use a sign to name every "district" but that kinda limits my projects... Hmm.

I really like roaming through themed towns but I don't like having patterns everywhere, you can't shake trees or do the money rock and when you have a tree or flower you see an edge of where the patterns stop. It's just not for me.
But again I love exploring them so, be my guest!

I'm making a garden themed town. I know it sounds very boring, but if I can get my town to look the way I want it too, it won't be boring. Each character is going to specialize in an area of gardening and the areas around their houses will reflect that.

I think making a themed town restricts what you can do too much. I don't even put paths in my town. My theme can be village themed xD

Back