To reset, or not to reset...

ayerenzo

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
That is the question. :confused:

I've probably reset my town at least twice. The first time I had a near perfect map, but saw one tiny flaw in the placement of Re-Tail that kept bugging me until I reset. Second time, map was okay but I hated my villagers. And I wanted to be able to document my town from day one on my New Leaf blog (check it out below ;)), so I reset yet again. o__o

Now I'm 4 days into my game, paid off my house upgrade, donated over 50 items to my museum, received my development permit, working on my first bridge public works, and about to unlock the island (hopefully tomorrow), etc. Granted, I don't TT and I enjoy playing at a steady pace, so I'm not very far into the game. BUT I'M STILL UNHAPPY WITH MY MAP. ;-;

So back to the question - to reset or not to reset ? For those of us out there plagued by AC:NL perfectionist obsession like me (smh), when do you think it's too late to start again ?

Probably when you get the development permit, unless its easy to get ive only been on an hour and got it yo 40% but 2bh....i dont like my map ether :/

if you're unhappy with it now then more than likely you'll always be unhappy with it. I must say though, at first I did not consider my map perfect, heck I still don't but it grew on me and has a nice charm that I now adore. I was jealous of my friend for a while who had one of those maps with the tree in dead center and the river bending around it. Oh well to each their own.

If you think you might want to do it - DO IT! There's no point playing any longer with a map you don't like.

I am OCD with my map. I reset until I was completely happy. I don't regret a thing.

I did have to do a ton of things over again but now that I'm past that, totally worth it.

I wouldn't want to have the perfect town. I wanted a town with potential to grow and become even better so I have something to work towards, and that's what I got.

hmm, i kind of look at my town right now and feel like i could have gotten better, but even just a few days in i already feel like it would be a pain to restart, hopefully as i go i will learn to appreciate the town alot more lol :)

I wouldn't want to have the perfect town. I wanted a town with potential to grow and become even better so I have something to work towards, and that's what I got.

I like this. I guess that's what my map turned out to be.

Considering I've reset 90 times today, and currently have almost what I want in front of me (With Diana and Erik as villagers! <3) But I can't stand oranges! And my town tree is totally right where I don't want it. Not sure whether I want to save or reset. :/

I'm probably going to reset. Purely for apples. if it was just the tree being randomly placed I'd be happy. But I want to spend the rest of my years not noticing some flaw, or wishing I had perfect apples..

I reset after a day and a half of work, and then just caught up by doing a little timeskipping to get to the present day. I'm so happy to have apples now (had oranges beforehand, which I didn't really mind), but frustrated because my boyfriend and his brother both have apples as their native fruit as well. D: I totally BS'd us all haha. -_-

I'm glad I'm not the only one with the OCD issue. n___n

hmm, i kind of look at my town right now and feel like i could have gotten better, but even just a few days in i already feel like it would be a pain to restart, hopefully as i go i will learn to appreciate the town alot more lol :)

This is kind of how I feel right now... I like it, and it has a lot of potential. Plus I've put a good amount of work into it. Then again I'm the type to even reset after a year (did that on WW, SHAME ON ME.)

Here's my current map, if anyone has opinions on that as well. tumblr_mo9n84hM3n1sv8qfko2_500.jpg

Luckily I got peaches off the bat. That was one of my main conditions on keeping my town. Also, my house location is kind of perfect. Feeds my mayoral ego a bit since it's centered. ;)

What's the farthest you've gone before resetting ?

It's completely up to you. You can just settle with what you have and try to make the most of it, or you can reset. I ended up resetting because Re-Tail was too far from my beach and a new villager moved in literally 2 spaces away from my house. After 200+ resets and many frustrated hours, I managed to find a pretty good map. I did end up with peaches, which is not my favorite fruit by far, but they're slowly beginning to grow on me, and the same goes for my ugly villagers. It's just whether you want to focus on the little flaws or look past them and see the potential charm your town has. <3

I'm glad I'm not the only one with the OCD issue. n___n

This is kind of how I feel right now... I like it, and it has a lot of potential. Plus I've put a good amount of work into it. Then again I'm the type to even reset after a year (did that on WW, SHAME ON ME.)

Here's my current map, if anyone has opinions on that as well. View attachment 4779

Luckily I got peaches off the bat. That was one of my main conditions on keeping my town. Also, my house location is kind of perfect. Feeds my mayoral ego a bit since it's centered. ;)

What's the farthest you've gone before resetting ?

You have a great map there. Only ONE pond, re-cycle shop fairly close to your dock, a great place to fish in the pond, I like the waterfall going off to the west--- and a long strip of beach. Worried about that tiny strip of land on the NE corner? Don't be. There's room enough to put a campsite or lost-and-found there out of the way so nobody can see it, and you won't have to hate yourself a month from now for placing it in a wide open space that needs moving to accommodate paths/projects.

now i feel bad about my town i just started today: i have oranges and i hate my map but i dont want to reset cuz i dunno i think it will ruin the experience for me i no this sounds stupid cuz its a fantasy game but i think it will make the game less real

Well there's a fews thing I don't love in mine, but I'll keep it anyway. I just have trouble to see what I'll do with it, but it will come.
Learn to like it and deal with it.

I don't think you should reset. You can always change your town up and make it look more bearable. But if you're really having a hard time, and really, really hate your map's layout - Re-Tail, Town Hall, etc.'s location - go for it. Just do it now; don't put anymore effort into the game if it's all for nil, y'know?

Back