To reset, or not to reset...

If you've already done it once before, I wouldn't. It is very, very easy to get caught in a loop, since nothing you find will truly be perfect(if it's not the shop locations it could be the river, the fruit, the villagers, your house, etc.)

I started my town the day New Leaf came out and spent about four hours resetting before I found one I thought I'd keep. It just so happened that the location of Re-Tail bugged me so much over time that I ended up resetting again, even after of hours of gameplay invested into that town.

I got another one I thought I'd keep. I didn't like a single villager, and when I noticed I was actually losing the excitement to play the game with the town I had, I reset one more time, and that's how I ended up with the map I have right now.

mytown.jpg

I fell in love with that one as soon as I saw it, and spent hours trying to figure out and position my house right; but, unfortunately, somehow I placed it inaccurate to what I had pictured in my mind. But, I'm not letting myself reset again. I think three times is enough.

In short, do it if it's killing your enthusiasm to play, but don't let OCD convince you you have to.

I resetted quite a bit for my new town map last night. Reset at 7pm, took a nap after Rover had given me close to 50 bad maps.. (Re-tail was always up top, or bad river) and restarted at 10pm. Eventually an hour later I found a map and villagers I love!

Wow that must have been a pain D: I could never have the patience to do that. Props to you lol. and yay for being happy with what you got :)

I reset yesterday like I said I would and Im very happy with my town now. In the first town I made the map looked like Id have a nice little secluded area to myself but Re-Tail was closer to where I wanted my house than the map made it look, plus I wanted it and the town hall to be on the same side, close to the tracks, but I figured the map looked good enough to trade off. After re-setting yesterday I got as close to perfect as I could get. Now my house is in a nice secluded area with only one villager on my side of the river (far away from my spot). Re-tail, the town hall, and the plaza are all on the same side like I wanted and the train station looks better (the last one had like bright orange looking wood). Unfortunately I got pears as my fruit though they arent the worst, and some ugly villagers but those werent deciding criteria since they change, I just had to like where my house was and the shape of the town. Overall im glad I reset.

Hm, my advice: it definitely is possible to find your perfect map if you keep resetting!
I kept resetting for about 6 hours over 2 days until I found that PERFECT map... I had a total amazing aha moment.
I started the game with this brilliant map and everything else (fruit, villagers, etc...) came together wonderfully!
So: do not play on a map you don't like, your own perfect map is waiting for you and once you see it you will love it, you will start making plans for your town, you will have a vision.

(Sorry if this is late ahhhh)
So... i spent a good .. 48 hours? or so resetting my game. Not only for a good map, but for villagers.
My boyfriend just spent like 3 days as well.
I really recommend resetting your map till you enjoy the MAP the most.
What my bf did was reset till he got a map he liked and at least ONE villager he liked.
(I got really really lucky with my map because i like it, sans re-tail being far from the dock, but i got 3 of my favorite villagers)
It's really whether or not it's worth it to invest that much time into resetting or not for you.
I think if anything, a good map is the most important, because you can EVENTUALLY change villagers and things, you know?
I'd say reset till you get a map you really like and at least ONE villager you like, but expect to be sitting there for a couple days.

I'm thinking about resetting my game, too... My map isn't terrible, but there are just lots of little things about it that are bothering me... Plus, I don't really like my villagers. I'm only on my second day, so I guess it's not too late yet, but I don't know... I've already paid 2 loans for my house and I am at 91% with my town development permit ... But I'm anxious that if I don't reset it now, I will never be fully satisfied. :s

I finally found my town after two days of resetting, i went through countless good layouts, but never liked the villagers either
I have found a nice simple layout, and there is a sheep villager in my town! (which have always been my favourite since the gamecube days) So i'm very happy :)
it's worth resetting.. i can say i'm finally content with a town, and have no desire to delete it

I appreciate everyone's input ! n___n Chances are, I'm sticking with my current map for a few more days. It does have quite the charm to it, it just takes a little getting used to on my part. But who knows with Animal Crossing OCD. LOL. I could turn around and change my mind between then and now.

I feel like a few public works can go a long way in town appeal though. That's one thing I like about the game - you can pretty much change and customize a good amount of things when it comes to your town's aesthetics.

Back