• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Tom Nook's store name change!

Where are people getting info such as the English name for the shops? Is it leaked? Was there some sort of update?

I'm just curious because I can't seem to find much at all about updates like that on the English version.

I saw a video of someone walking past the English department store, it was either from the EU or NA Nintendo Direct. Most likely EU. Nookling's Junction's name was revealed in the ACNL Eshop trailer. Re-Tail was revealed on the box art.

I saw a video of someone walking past the English department store, it was either from the EU or NA Nintendo Direct. Most likely EU. Nookling's Junction's name was revealed in the ACNL Eshop trailer. Re-Tail was revealed on the box art.

Oh okay. So just old stuff I missed then.

I'm really hoping we at least get some sort of update about the game this month.

Pretty likely. Given that there is only three months left, they'll want to start advertising it.

Yeah. I signed up for Club Nintendo the other day and put in all the codes I've collected over the years and they had this thing where you can get coins if you plan on buying a game. It only had a handful that are being released this month and it made me wonder when they'd put ACNL up on that.

I bought my 3DS this past Christmas because of Harvest Moon and ACNL, and out of the two only ACNL was on the survey in the "did you buy your 3DS for any of these games?". ACNL was actually at the top of the list.

Will you still be able to get your face to look like a mii character like you could in City Folk?

Tom Nook has too much money to make and people to scam to settle down.

Or maybe he doesn't fancy his own breed. Is Tom Nook a raccoon or a Tanuki? I think the latter mostly because of his name. But also... If it is the latter, have you ever seen a female Tanuki statue? Just putting that there to give a thought c:

Or maybe he doesn't fancy his own breed. Is Tom Nook a raccoon or a Tanuki? I think the latter mostly because of his name. But also... If it is the latter, have you ever seen a female Tanuki statue? Just putting that there to give a thought c:

I consider him a Tanuki since it was what he was intended to be. He was only changed to a raccoon because a lot of people don't know what a Tanuki actually is. They are called "raccoon dogs" when they really aren't related to raccoons at all.

And there aren't any female Tanuki statues because they don't have any testicles. Tanukis have huge testicles compared to their body size, which is what makes them so special in Japanese culture. There are myths about how they can preform magic with them (mostly use them for flying and stuff). Just watch the Studio Ghibli film "Pompoko" and you'll learn a little more. (The movie can be pretty sad for those of you with soft spots for animals, it is about how Tanukis are losing their homes to human encroachment, which only means impending sadness ahead.)

I imagine the Tanuki statue, the one that is often outside of restaurants and the like in Japan, will be taken out of the US version because its exposed testicles are a bit much for American parents.

Oh I know what a Tanuki is xD I just couldn't remember what Mr. Nook was considered c: and I know there aren't any female Tanuki statues haha I think you took what I said a bit too literally lol I was making a joke since the Tanuki statue has such big genitals, a female could've had big breasts.

I've seen enough raccoon dog sadness, I don't really feel the need or want to see those poor animals hurt more. Especially seeing them lose their homes. And I don't think they'll remove it. Wild World and city folk both had a "raccoon figurine" . The one in Wild World was not censored and you can see the giant genitals

Oh I know what a Tanuki is xD I just couldn't remember what Mr. Nook was considered c: and I know there aren't any female Tanuki statues haha I think you took what I said a bit too literally lol I was making a joke since the Tanuki statue has such big genitals, a female could've had big breasts.

I've seen enough raccoon dog sadness, I don't really feel the need or want to see those poor animals hurt more. Especially seeing them lose their homes. And I don't think they'll remove it. Wild World and city folk both had a "raccoon figurine" . The one in Wild World was not censored and you can see the giant genitals

It's hard to tell sometimes what is a joke and what isn't via text.

And the movie is actually really good. There isn't like, mass slaughter or anything. But it is along the lines of movies like Bambi or something. Maybe even more sad because Studio Ghibli tends to focus more on how humans really mess up things for animals and the environment.

Which is why everything on the Internet should be taken with a grain of salt ^^

Still, would rather not watch it. Getting very emotionally stressed at this stage in my pregnancy will do me more harm than good. So i would rather not willingly subject myself to it. I care for animals a very great deal, and yes, seeing animals in any type of suffering causes me emotional stress because there's nothing I can do to help them.

Which is why everything on the Internet should be taken with a grain of salt ^^

Still, would rather not watch it. Getting very emotionally stressed at this stage in my pregnancy will do me more harm than good. So i would rather not willingly subject myself to it. I care for animals a very great deal, and yes, seeing animals in any type of suffering causes me emotional stress because there's nothing I can do to help them.

Whenever you do get a chance it is a wonderful movie. Full of all sorts of Japanese culture, especially focus on folklore and spirits.

And I hope your pregnancy goes well. :>

Back