• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Town development rut, HELP!!

boorah

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
So I've been working really hard on my town, and I feel like at this point it's pretty decent, but somehow I'm just not satisfied with it. I cant really determine what I want to do to elevate it to that next level. Most of the areas are full, aside from an area just west of my palace that Ive reserved for a zen bell if it ever gets suggested (along with the bridge..). Maybe it just doesnt feel...cohesive? Anyways I'd really like some outside perspective. Would you guys mind visiting and giving me some input? Would so appreciate it. Dream address in my sig. Seriously be critical!!!

My initial impression is that it's nice, you sure have flowers everywhere! The path put me off though, because it seems dark and dreary compared to how colorful the flowers make your town look.

You could also put bamboo or more flowers in the empty space below your bottom-left pond to fill the void.

And you know you can plant bushes right next to trees, right? I think you can do something creative with that in your town. :)

I also think you can put your Wisteria pwp somewhere else, in a more noticeable place. Maybe near a path where people are more likely to pass it than at the corner of your map. I think it'd look nice if it were placed to the left of your town hall (or in that area).

In the end though, I'm really just not fond of your path. Your town can be livelier with a different path design. ^^

Thanks for the suggestions :D

Yea I picked that path because I wanted a "natural feel" and I liked the stone with the tufts of grass. Do you think a tan stone might be better than the gray?

No I didnt know you could plant bushes right next to trees, I assumed they needed at least a space :O. The more you know hah!

And yea I dont like the wisteria trellis either. Its coming down. Thanks again :)

I agree with Kite really. It's a great town, and I can see how hard you've worked to get it like that, well done! But yeah, the paths don't really match the feel of the whole town. There's some really fun paths on http://potofu66.blog.fc2.com/ so you might want to check that out! Apart from that, I love you're town! :D congrats.

Thanks for the link. Ill see if I can find something to replace them with !!

Back