• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Town themes

Cherrypie

Yum Yum :3
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Cake
Cake
This is a thread where we can discuss our ideas for different town themes or/and the way you are going to decorate some parts of your town. I am not sure what my 'theme' is going to be yet (hopefully I'll find out soon) but maybe it will be either 'magical' or something as corny as 'happiness' and 'sunshine'. Or even Wonderland themed or Candy Town Themed! My town is going to be called Rose Wood, so I will probably end up with flower wonder land and a 'majestic' and 'beautiful' feeling to it.

Anyway, here is an idea for what I am going to do for a part of my town:
I'm going to plant trees in a large box area with my town fruit, hoping that it will grow. If it does, I'll cut down every few trees and replace them with all the other fruit trees in a 'pattern'. Then I will make an entrance and put a 'flower arched opening' for the opening so you can walk through. Inside the closed in area, I will put a flower dial thing in the middle and surround it with hybrids. (Like in the newest video) If this goes well, I'll make another boxed in outside room (surrounded with 'tree walls') behind it, so you can enter it by going in that box area and then going through another gate to another. I might keep making attachments of many box rooms (I call it this, but really it is just an area enclosed by a line of trees) so I can make a huge tree 'building' with rooms for many outdoor furniture.

If you could, please add ideas of your own and add if you don't mind it inspiring other people of doing the same. (As in letting other people copy) This thread could be great with many different ideas to theme and decorate your town.

Lots of love,
CHERRYPIE!!! :) (yum yum :3)

Tree area idea.jpg

This is what I mean if you can't understand my typing. :lemon:

This is another idea of mine:

Flower Path photos.jpg

Basically you go through a path that has flowers on the edges. Each couple of steps there will be a photo stand with the cut out head. Behind it is an outdoor furniture that might look good in the background. This will be behind each one. I hope you like it.

And COME ON! It's been more than an hour and nobody has posted anything! :( Someone post a comment or an idea of their own please! I made two diagrams for you! :)

This is another idea of mine:

View attachment 1682

Basically you go through a path that has flowers on the edges. Each couple of steps there will be a photo stand with the cut out head. Behind it is an outdoor furniture that might look good in the background. This will be behind each one. I hope you like it.

And COME ON! It's been more than an hour and nobody has posted anything! :( Someone post a comment or an idea of their own please! I made two diagrams for you! :)

I like the flower path a lot. Just in general flowers are gonna be awesome to have everywhere.

And remember, it's the middle of the night/early morning for a lot of people on here! I'm sure lots of people will comment later.

I like the flower path a lot. Just in general flowers are gonna be awesome to have everywhere.

And remember, it's the middle of the night/early morning for a lot of people on here! I'm sure lots of people will comment later.

Thanks and oh, so that's why it is so quiet here on TBT at the moment! I better let people have their sleep! :)

I don't know what I'm going to do.. Maybe just go with the flow of the game, let natural paths form and plant trees here and there around them.. Maybe have an orchid or two and a place for hybrid flowers... I always like making my town look like a forrest or something, haven't really got any plans set out like yours yet though :p

Last edited:
I liked the idea of making a Halloween town. A girl in the Town Name Thread mentioned this. But of course, I won't steal her idea. Nevertheless, I might use my house as a Halloween-party-location and use all of the items from Jack and the horror-DLCs of CF (I hope that they're in the game regularly).

And my town... let's see. So I always did chocolate-bar-pathways. Not that this is very original, but it looked so delicious and sweet. Maybe I do something like this again. And then I will place a lot of flowers and some fountains. :)

Park:
I will make a park with grass deteroration (or something :p ), after that i will place a flower sundial in the middle of the park, and i will also place some picnick-places and benches.

Town square: depending on where the town tree is, i will make paths leading from and to my house, the park, the trainstation, the mall and the beach.
At the town square i will place Brewster's caf?

Those are all my plans for now, feel free to ''steal'' them:p

And my town... let's see. So I always did chocolate-bar-pathways. Not that this is very original, but it looked so delicious and sweet. Maybe I do something like this again. And then I will place a lot of flowers and some fountains. :)

Ooo, a chocolate bar path would be awesome! :D I'm no good at drawing designs, though, so I wouldn't be able to have one unless I could find a pattern for it somewhere. For Christmas every year, my husband and I turn our yard into a Christmas Candyland, so that would be awesome to do in at least a section of my town :) Cute ideas!

Long-time lurker here! I'd really like for my town to have a rocky/mountain village vibe to it. You know, lots of stone decorations and walls, maybe a lighthouse or windmill, and old fashioned streetlamps. I've never made paths before but I might try my hand at cobblestones in this game. I'm so excited that we can choose the styles of buildings in our town (or at least the mayor's office) so we can really have a unified theme all throughout.
Plus I'm planning on a lemon tree grove. Those trees are gorgeous! :>

I'm probably gonna go with a cute theme. Lots of flowers like in the past, but this time I'll try to make the orchards like everyone else and plant flowers along a path. Perhaps I'll try to find a really cute path pattern (I saw a pink one with bows and the like but I dunno where I found it) in the event grass deterioration occurs (which it's evident). But I guess I'll just have to wait for the game and see my town layout before I start thinking any major cosmetic changes :3

Oh, wow. I now have an idea, and its inspired by our town park! :D
I want to wear out some path so it turns bare, and put lots of victorian streetlamps and flowers lining it. Then it goes into the garden park i mentioned earlier with benches and a fountain! <3

I want my town to look like rural Japan (kind of like Hinamizawa from Higurashi) which means Japanese style buildings, bamboo, lots of plants but not too many flowers, well, and pretty much any thing that can get a little bit of a farm feeling going.
Also, as with most games, all of the cedar saplings are going to go into one section of my town so that it looks cool at Christmas. Only this time, I'm putting a bench in that area to make it seem more like a park.

Last edited:
I love the idea of the park! Yes, I am going to also make a forrest and in the middle of the forrest will be a clear area for benches, picnics, street lamps and etc! Superpenguin said something on the banana thread which I really liked: With the paths around the town, have it outlined with trees. So I came up with this plan: Paths.jpg

Basically when, let's say you are walking to the direction of the right of the paths, the trees will be to the left of the path and the flowers to the right. The reason I put the flowers to the right is because if I put the trees there instead, they will be blocking the view of the camera and besides, they are pretty!

Using the map on the 'Map Thrawd' as a guide, this will be my dream town: (It will take a lot of effort and can't wait to see it finished- I would add at least one bridge and it will include the park/forest, photo pathway, the flower/tree path, the tree rooms and yeah. I hope you like it!) town map.jpg

Since you can't read the writing, here it is:
green squares - villager houses, orange/blue squares - playable houses, red - pathway outlined with flowers and trees, yellow - tree rooms, pink, photo passageway, dark green - forrest/ park, brown - bridge and other - shops, bridge, water, beach etc.

Last edited:
well i dunno what ill do for the whole town
but i want to make my house like the japanese castle with bamboo and hybrids around it
have various gardens around the town to get lots of hybrids
and every type of fruit tree eventually XD

I've come to the conclusion that I'm going to have to put out a fruit orchard in one section of my town. In that section, I'm going to have wishing wells and grape vines. The rest of my town is going to have trees that only contain my local fruit and regular old saplings. The fruit section will also probably have flowers.

Back