• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

/tries again.. hopefully

Tyler

Retired Staff
Bells
Sautéed Mushrooms
Spores
Cake
vr 1.0
Minda.png

vr. 1.2
Mindav2.png

vr. 1.3
Mindav3.png

Ok hopefully I did this right. Me personally I like it but still...

Comments and Criticism please. I can change it since I have the xcf still.

One of your better sigs. The brown text is ugly, and the width is a bit to much for that render.

It's a very cool sig but the how the text blends is horrible and you can't read the bottom part, and use a font that people can read...otherwise there's no point to it.

Meh. It's okay, but not in the "higher level." Fractal brushes don't really appeal to me. Good job, though.

Okay. Things to change.

*Overall Font
*Colors

@ SL what do you mean by width? Width of the sig?

I'd make the height a bit bigger for something like that.

you really need to start working on text though, it should look good with it and be visible, if all else fails, just have white text with a black stroke around it, thats visible on any other color, though it won't look good on all of them.

the hylian text around the bottom is a nice touch, but it really needs to have a stroke around it for visibility.

the backcolor should be a more dirty brown, right now it's at white, which is clashing with the darker green.

your name on it should be a bit smaller, in a different color with a stroke on it for visibility, when you have text with nothing constraining it, it makes the picture look flat, which is never good. : (

you're getting better though. : D

K... I'm gonna fix it now since I have a 2 hour delay and didn't know until 5 minutes before I was gonna leave for the bus stop. >_>

Okay... Not to ask a stupid question but how do you add the stroke. I'm having trouble figuring out how to. >_>

OddCrazyMe said:
K... I'm gonna fix it now since I have a 2 hour delay and didn't know until 5 minutes before I was gonna leave for the bus stop. >_>

Okay... Not to ask a stupid question but how do you add the stroke. I'm having trouble figuring out how to. >_>
Now, I don't know much about Gimp...but I think he's talking about the Dodge/burn thing....

maybe...

>_<

for gimp to add a stroke, duplicate the text layer, make the text black, select it` shrink it by 1-2 pix, and delete the stuff inside.

I'm still lost. How do you shrink it? Cause when I do it it screws something up.

Back