• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Tripping... for DAYS!

robinsparkles

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
I know there's a lot of threads about tripping. But I'm really baffled right now. Even all my friends are, too.

I had my fortune read by Katrina maybe two or three weeks ago. Nothing happened. Roughly three or four days ago I suddenly started tripping. Constantly. Every few seconds. I changed my clothes, bought new shoes, tried to feng shui (I'm still fuzzy with this, was never good with it--I have mostly sleek furniture and exotic furniture or pieces that are NOT red/yellow/green), built up my town satisfaction, got all lucky fortunes from T&T, never time traveled... I still don't know what to do! I keep tripping!

Does anyone have any other ideas that could be causing this?

Are you running and then changing directions a lot? My character trips whenever I do that no matter what my luck for the day is... I think it's just a function of the game.

Hrms...

When you say you've been playing for days- how long per instance? If it's just a few minutes, maybe it takes an hour per playtime for this cursive effect to wear off.

Are you running and then changing directions a lot? My character trips whenever I do that no matter what my luck for the day is... I think it's just a function of the game.

I run and change directions all the time and I have never tripped in the game. Not even once. Maybe check what items you're wearing again, especially hats? I know the king tut mask makes people trip frequently, though I don't know about much else.

I've got the same exact problem! But I've been tripping all day i think its bc its raining maybe?

I've been tripping a LOT the past few days too. It has been raining but even on the island when it's not raining there I still trip a lot. It's very annoying.

Tripping is caused by bad luck.

Certain clothing can decrease luck, Katrina can decrease luck.

I'm not sure how furniture affects bad luck, but feng shui will increase luck, perhaps look into that and arrange furniture to the style.

I run everywhere, but I don't change directions frequently. I tested this theory. I'll run in a straight line and trip upwards to five or six times.

Hrms...

When you say you've been playing for days- how long per instance? If it's just a few minutes, maybe it takes an hour per playtime for this cursive effect to wear off.
It varies. Sometimes it starts ASAP and lasts through my whole play time--anywhere from 10-20 minutes or hours all night. Yesterday I didn't start tripping until the evening, today it's been all day. The first day it was midday and lasted all day and the day after it was all day. So my third day I thought I was free, especially because I did all the stuff I mentioned in my original post. But nope, today not long after gameplay, say 20 mins, I started and it's been nonstop.

I run and change directions all the time and I have never tripped in the game. Not even once. Maybe check what items you're wearing again, especially hats? I know the king tut mask makes people trip frequently, though I don't know about much else.
I don't wear masks... I have a knit hat. I could try taking it off and see...

Maybe it's something you're wearing? Tripping doesn't usually last for more than one day.
Maybe, but like I said before, I don't wear masks, which seems to cause tripping. I'm going to take my cap off right now and test this. Maybe my button knit hat is doing it? Glasses wouldn't be a problem, would it? I'm just thinking of anything now!

I've got the same exact problem! But I've been tripping all day i think its bc its raining maybe?
I thought one of the days could be because of rain, but most of the days it hasn't rained.

I've been tripping a LOT the past few days too. It has been raining but even on the island when it's not raining there I still trip a lot. It's very annoying.
Yup! It's driving me insane.

Tripping is caused by bad luck.

Certain clothing can decrease luck, Katrina can decrease luck.

I'm not sure how furniture affects bad luck, but feng shui will increase luck, perhaps look into that and arrange furniture to the style.
But I saw Katrina when she was in my town forever ago--and they say her bad luck happens ASAP. I tried feng shui, but my HHA score is still low and I still don't know how to fix it. My furniture colour is a problem because none of it is the feng colours.

Hey everyone... so I just took off my hat and I was able to run around a whopping 45 seconds without tripping. So now I'm just still really confused as to why this has been going on for this long when I have tried it ALL.

I was tripping for a few days, too. But, one day when I started playing it just magically stopped...dunno what stopped it, for me.

I haven't tripped before, but I'd love to try it out! My friend Lucy should be able to help me out!

Back