• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Tripping... for DAYS!

Hrms...

When you say you've been playing for days- how long per instance? If it's just a few minutes, maybe it takes an hour per playtime for this cursive effect to wear off.
I usually play for a good hour or more a day I haven't tripped once since I've started.

I'd try removing all accessories, hats, and shoes, and then for clothes maybe wear a pattern dress or shirt with a regular pair of pants or skirt to see if it stops the tripping at all.

I'd try removing all accessories, hats, and shoes, and then for clothes maybe wear a pattern dress or shirt with a regular pair of pants or skirt to see if it stops the tripping at all.
I tried the barefoot thing... still didn't work. Hmmph, well my villagers all keep hinting I should take a break (I've been playing on and off since 8 AM today) so I'm done for the night. I'll try just wearing a dress or something simple tomorrow and see if it helps.

you can be "cursed" in the game. if you see katrina, she can take the curse off of you.

Oh man, you can be CURSED!? D: But if it makes you trip for days... I may want to try a curse once or twice! ;) lol

What are the effects of... oh well, I guess I could just look it up!

just lay off the mushrooms...

;)

Katrina can de-curse you. and she will tell you what your lucky item is. maybe that'll help.
They also say that is you wear long sleeves in summer that that will make you trip as well...but I'm not sure it that's confirmed.

If you have a telephone item, or one of your villagers does you can call it. Katrina will come on the line and read your fortune. If you are tripping it will tell you that, and then tell you an item that will 'keep you out of trouble' eg. sunglasses.

May cause tripping:

Specific items
- IE. King Tut mask

Bad luck
- Speak to Katrina to find if your sign is experiencing "disastrous harm"

Lack of sleep
- IE. Playing 16+ hrs straight

Clothing (Unconfirmed)
Slick Ground (Unconfirmed)

------------

You may have a combination of these. Best recommendation: feng shui your home. This way you won't have to bother about Katrina daily.

May fix tripping:

Change clothing/headgear

Wear good luck items

Feng Shui your home (best method)

Log out
- Luck is redetermined each day.

just lay off the mushrooms...

;)

Katrina can de-curse you. and she will tell you what your lucky item is. maybe that'll help.
They also say that is you wear long sleeves in summer that that will make you trip as well...but I'm not sure it that's confirmed.

I don't know when Katrina will be back. So I'm trying to ask my friends to let me know if they're in her town, but alas I don't even have that many friends on my DS. I have a tanktop on, too.

- - - Post Merge - - -

May cause tripping:

Specific items
- IE. King Tut mask

Bad luck
- Speak to Katrina to find if your sign is experiencing "disastrous harm"

Lack of sleep
- IE. Playing 16+ hrs straight

Clothing (Unconfirmed)
Slick Ground (Unconfirmed)

------------

You may have a combination of these. Best recommendation: feng shui your home. This way you won't have to bother about Katrina daily.

May fix tripping:

Change clothing/headgear

Wear good luck items

Feng Shui your home (best method)

Log out
- Luck is redetermined each day.

I did every single one of those fixes and it's still been going on. I just woke up so I'm going to try and see if I'm still tripping.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Talk to Katrina and ask her about your "bad luck". Probably you need a 'lucky item'.

I just need to find her. She hasn't been around since the first week I got the game. :(

- - - Post Merge - - -

If you have a telephone item, or one of your villagers does you can call it. Katrina will come on the line and read your fortune. If you are tripping it will tell you that, and then tell you an item that will 'keep you out of trouble' eg. sunglasses.

No telephones in my town. :(

- - - Post Merge - - -

wow... o.o

make a tripping blog! ^^ take lots of pictures!

If it didn't annoy me so much I would. But every time I trip I'm ready to throw the 3DS out the window.

Of course Katrina is in my town today and so far I haven't tripped... ugh. AC is killing me! At least she is here so if I start tripping after some more time of game play I can talk to her. Or should I just go talk to her now anyways?

Feng shui is like tanning, won't take effect until the next day.

I'd go talk to her, just to make sure.

Feng shui is like tanning, won't take effect until the next day.

I'd go talk to her, just to make sure.
I did talk to her today. She said I need to wear shorts. Of course I don't own any and my friend's town isn't selling and my other friend isn't awake for me to ask. UGH.

For some reason, when I saw tripping. I thought of the slang term.

Tripping (Slang): The act of being silly or not taking the concept of something as quickly as you should.

Also, robinsparkles, I don't think that profile picture is appropriate and I think if a admin or mod catches you they might ask you to change it.

Back