• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Two copies of the game on one 3DS?

Dreddnarz

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Anyone know if this will be possible?

My gf and I will be picking up AC for the 3DS as soon as it comes out over here, but we both want our own town so we can each be mayor (and also because she has a tendency to play much more than myself so whenever I get round to playing there is little fruit and fossils around etc).

Not sure if sharing one 3DS between two game cards would have implications on things like the Nintendo free DLC items or street pass, spot pass etc, if anyone could shed some light on that it would be great!

Thanks.

If I were you I would buy myself a new 3DS to play with my friend or BF

you can do it, one can use the physical copy while the other use the download version, but only one will be able to use streetpass.

I have two on one DS, works fine. But I don't do StreetPass for either so I'm not sure about that one..

They already said they can't afford another 3DS in the third post -.-

You can both have your own towns and be mayor, but you won't be able to visit each other's towns or play the island mini-games together or do the street pass stuff without separate 3DSes. It would essentially be like each of you playing the game completely solo.

If you played on the same cartridge at least you could send each other letters and such. But, of course, the downside of that is you both can't be mayor.

Back