• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Unfair Trades

Swiftstream

ethreal
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Isabelle
New Leaf Token
Popsicle (TBT Beach Party)
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
Peach (Fruit)
Cherry (Fruit)
Have you guys done any horrible, or unfair trades because you didn't know the value of things?

For example, I payed 700k for not even a full harvest series, but I didn't realize until after that it was re-orderable.

It really annoys me when i realize right after that I've completed a very unfair trade D:

I'm pretty new, so I haven't run into that. It won't help you much, but try to think of it this way - you paid for something you really wanted. You didn't know that the set would be available for reorder, so in a way maybe your trade wasn't bad after all. I highly doubt that I'll ever be able to get my hands on all the items I've missed out on since I've only been playing for a little over a month.

If you really want something and couldn't see yourself having any other opportunity it may have not been so horrible. :)

Well, I hope you'll feel better, anyway. Try to enjoy what you have and go from there.

Oh, and one more thing! I don't really have any "friends" so I don't even have anyone to trade with. Well, a couple I see now and then and only met twice, but it's really sporadic. I probably won't have much trading opportunity. With that in mind, I hope you cheer up and are able to enjoy your Harvest Set (whatever that is! I'm off to look it up. :D )

I paid 1m on a hairbow wig on my first day on TBT.

I paid 750k for a kitchen island(is that unfair? I Dont Know)

:c Nuu!

Did you pay it to the owner of the thread where I bid 50,000 bells? lol. I can give you back that 700,000 bells. <3 That sucks.

:c Nuu!

Did you pay it to the owner of the thread where I bid 50,000 bells? lol. I can give you back that 700,000 bells. <3 That sucks.

Haha, its quite alright.

I don't remember where i got it from ^^

At least i have some items to scout out during the harvest fest :D

It's not much money, but I paid 100k for 3 lemons from someone way back at the start of the game, which at that time I didn't realize that you can just take them from tours. lol

I'm pretty sure I overpaid for some reorderable DLCs like the aurora screen and raccoon clock before I figured out cataloging. Also, everyday I see something I'll literally pay millions for, like a lunar horizon wall in the retail forum, and the first post is "10,000 bells for your lunar horizon?" Second post is "Deal! Gates open!"

I paid 1m on a hairbow wig on my first day on TBT.

I paid 750k for a kitchen island(is that unfair? I Dont Know)

Kitchen island is a fair deal imo.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Worst trade was probably when i paid 99k for some orderable Japanese items.

I'm pretty sure I overpaid for some reorderable DLCs like the aurora screen and raccoon clock before I figured out cataloging. Also, everyday I see something I'll literally pay millions for, like a lunar horizon wall in the retail forum, and the first post is "10,000 bells for your lunar horizon?" Second post is "Deal! Gates open!"

Heh...newbie here! What do you mean by "cataloging?" I know the Nook Shops have the catalog with things you have already had and sold or stored, but I don't know what you mean by cataloging in the sense you used. Is it something you need "friends" for?

Heh...newbie here! What do you mean by "cataloging?" I know the Nook Shops have the catalog with things you have already had and sold or stored, but I don't know what you mean by cataloging in the sense you used. Is it something you need "friends" for?

1. Pick up the items to "catalog"
2. Drop the items/return to the owner.
3. Go to Nook's and reorder yourself.

That's what "cataloging" is.

Certain things are just really expensive, unfortunately.
Also, something to keep in mind is that the lowest you see something sell for isn't necessarily the actual value. I've sold a lot for below what I think it's worth. Like the person who was talking about seeing someone sell a Lunar Horizon for 10k, I think that's just selling cheap. Not that I think it's worth millions, but it's definitely worth a lot more than 10k.

Thank you, FireNinja1. Got it. Sort of a drop and take, and drop again and then you can order item later. Unless it is a special item or prize.

Got it! :) That's a good term, now that I understand it.

I paid a ton for the campus set and a shaved ice lamp when I was new to trading xD

But the shaved ice lamp was very popular back then.

I've sold things for relatively cheap. I sold Saharah walls and floors, cardboard items, and North America exclusives 20k bells each. On that day, I was very excited and I wanted to share my happiness with people. Unfortunately, one person bought everything!

Personally, I've never gotten ripped off on the forums. I usually buy things for decent prices and I sell things for decent prices. The only ridiculous thing I've did was that I paid 20 million bells for Lucky the dog. Despite that large amount of bells, I'm happy I did because I love Lucky.

paid 25k for a balloon when just a couple of days after i could just order one for 500 bells in a house at the HHA.

I search what i'm looking for on search tools to get a rough idea of how much to buy things for hope that helps next time

Back