• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Unfair Trades

i see unfair trades all the time in the Villager Trading Plaza
millions of bells for a single villager -smh-

Before we get too entrenched in that whole 'trading villagers' discussion, just a reminder that everyone plays the game differently. : )

I haven't traded a whole lot, but when I have (whether on other forums, tumblr or with my friends) it was pleasant and both parties were happy. I guess you just have to gauge who wants to be fair and who doesn't, which is tough.

I traded stitches for chevre and still haven't gotten chevre yet and never heard back from the person I traded...probably never will. Oh well. I learned the hard way paying too much for things that I eventually could have gotten myself so I don't bother with the retail thread anymore.
I had things that others paid millions for and when I listed it not one person commented and I wasn't even asking as much...now I sell all my extra golden furniture, sahara walls and floors etc to reese or give it to a friend if they need it. Not wasting my time anymore.

Last edited:
750k is quiet a bit, i know that the range is around 500k-800k , however if you are nice you can get it for 450k (thats what i paid)

Before we get too entrenched in that whole 'trading villagers' discussion, just a reminder that everyone plays the game differently. : )

I'm all for people playing the way they want, I just don't care for villager trading. But if people want to, that's perfectly fine. But I do think more than like 20 million is taking it too far. ;x;

i couldv'e gave you chevre for free; i voided her instead! ;w;

It is no big deal...I don't have dream villagers, there are some I like more than others but I didn't know what stitches was worth at the time and just figured I would trade him for one I had in WW and liked.

Don't forget that some people have their own value for things, so maybe the user paying is well aware of its "true" value but just wants it that much.

Any 'unfair' trades I've participated in I've knowingly done: I tend to value items the majority of the community don't and vice versa.

I don't sell or trade. I give items away for free or let someone catalog for free. I make enough bells in-game, I don't need other's bells. Just my way of playing. I've even given away some of my duplicate Golden items for free.

i paid 1 mill for the campus set but i don't mind now haha

I was able to catalog the campus set for free from a nice person in Japan. I still haven't ordered it yet, but I will at some point. I want the few people that I might StreetPass to have a chance at it.

well.. it wasn't fault of the trader just mine so it isn't a bad trade per se
lol XD
I'm a genius! I've purchased the normal ogre mask convincing myself that it was the blue\red ogre mask so I purchased it for 200k
lol

Last edited:
I don't know any unfair trades because I usually sell my items just an average value to me, sometimes cheaper.
But maybe when I bought a black wetsuit for 1mil. Sad life :c

Someone gave me 2 million bells for an orderable item...even though I made sure they knew they said they willing to go that far... Though it was a Japanese DLC item, but still.

Back