• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Mafia [unoffical] Madoka Magica Mafia (MAFIA WINS!)

But we just started the game? or its something that was happening before the game started?+

Really don't see why we can't use "pre-game" as evidence against someone, we pretty much had 24 hours before the start thanks to getting our roles yesterday and waiting for Mafia to pick the gunbearer. Yui was kind of fishy after all.

Pre-game scum slip.

Oh I see it

Really don't see why we can't use "pre-game" as evidence against someone, we pretty much had 24 hours before the start thanks to getting our roles yesterday and waiting for Mafia to pick the gunbearer. Yui was kind of fishy after all.

I wasn't saying that we can't use the pre-game as evidence I just asked why. since most of the beginning was some semi-spam, but now i seee what ashtot was saying.

Ooh, more clarification.

The person that deserves the gun is the person who doesn't have a history of bandwagoning and is capable of narrowing their targets via towntelling and scumtelling and not many people on the list fit the criteria from what I've seen in the past. I think I fit the criteria, along with Tom and waffles. Mafia are probably going to give a really poor player the gun in hopes of a misfire, so I want whoever gets it to shoot at me first if they're incapable of making the right choice.

OR, you can keep those of us who can agree on the proper target alive and give the gun to somebody who would listen carefully to what the more analytical players have to say if town wants to go in a safer direction. This relies on the gunned person actually listening to what others have to say and be able to read into the most agreeable choice.

Either way this is highly experimental given it's mafia giving town the gun - from their perspective it's all about giving the gun to people who can't make up their minds and misfires as a means to win. Seeing tbt's history is successful lynching, this is probably mafiasided already.

history in successful lynching*

Also inb4 I got way too cocky and ended up misfiring and dying.[/QUOTE]

I'm actually kind of flattered that you'd trust me with a gun in a real life situation... :')

I don't see the big deal with everyone "campaigning" themselves to try and get the gun. If I were mafia, then that's the sort of thing I'd probably be doing pre-game to get people believing I'm town.

Always watching ya'll.

Just saying^

I think you're trying too hard to towntell before the game has even started by saying something like that.

You don't really need to be trying hard to realize that people are trying to make themselves look townie pre-game. Everyone has their roles already, so I'd say that any post from when the roles are sent out can show a fair amount about what the person's alignment could possibly be. If you start building trust early, then it'll come in handy later on.

It's like in one game (can't be bothered to go looking for it right now), people were spamming pre-game or something like that and someone caught mafia out through it.

Not that that post was 100% serious in the first place, lol.

My point is, just because a post with a banner saying 'day 1' on it hasn't been put up, doesn't mean that posts are insignificant and tells us nil.

You're trying to validate your point with an acceptable argument (yes, people have gotten their roles and are going to act according to them - and I agree that it's fair game), but then you go and say this:

Why invalidate yourself here after defending yourself logically?

That was @Yui

Are you referring to this?

If so, then you are indeed defending and invalidating yourself simultaneously. This is what I called out out on and what you had to defend yourself about.

They always kill the dad off first. :C

Personally that all seemed kind of telling. Essentially we could have gotten the game running since we all knew our roles and mafia has clearly been playing the game for at least half a day in.

Okay so we have to be logical, I should be the one getting the gun because If I'm Mafia, I'm going to win no matter what, but if I'm Town, and I'm going to win no matter what. The same goes for Tom or Dad so just pick one of the three.

Ashtot's gonna win, guys, let's just admit it.

Ooh, more clarification.

The person that deserves the gun is the person who doesn't have a history of bandwagoning and is capable of narrowing their targets via towntelling and scumtelling and not many people on the list fit the criteria from what I've seen in the past. I think I fit the criteria, along with Tom and waffles.
Mafia are probably going to give a really poor player the gun in hopes of a misfire, so I want whoever gets it to shoot at me first if they're incapable of making the right choice.

OR, you can keep those of us who can agree on the proper target alive and give the gun to somebody who would listen carefully to what the more analytical players have to say if town wants to go in a safer direction. This relies on the gunned person actually listening to what others have to say and be able to read into the most agreeable choice.

Either way this is highly experimental given it's mafia giving town the gun - from their perspective it's all about giving the gun to people who can't make up their minds and misfires as a means to win. Seeing tbt's history is successful lynching, this is probably mafiasided already.

- - - Post Merge - - -

history in successful lynching*

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also inb4 I got way too cocky and ended up misfiring and dying.
I think that this is an entirely great way to do this, actually, but I'd personally like them to shoot Tom. Crystal might die, but in exchange for Tom's innocence or guilt out in the open? I'd take that chance. (sorry if I offended you Crystal)

Thus, I'd rather Crystal shoot Tom over Yui.
Lastly...

Does the game still end when Mafia equals or outnumbers the Town? The reason I ask is, if a Town member is entirely in charge of killing every day and then there are no opportunities where the Mafia shoots, wouldn't it then make it impossible for the Mafia to win?

Ashtot's gonna win, guys, let's just admit it.

I think that this is an entirely great way to do this, actually, but I'd personally like them to shoot Tom. Crystal might die, but in exchange for Tom's innocence or guilt out in the open? I'd take that chance. (sorry if I offended you Crystal)

Thus, I'd rather Crystal shoot Tom over Yui.
Lastly...

Does the game still end when Mafia equals or outnumbers the Town? The reason I ask is, if a Town member is entirely in charge of killing every day and then there are no opportunities where the Mafia shoots, wouldn't it then make it impossible for the Mafia to win?

I'm confused, why do you want to shoot Tom? You didn't actually explain.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also Town can misfire and kill other Town so yes Mafia could still win.

I'm confused, why do you want to shoot Tom? You didn't actually explain.

It would either prove a threat innocent or guilty right off the bat.

- - - Post Merge - - -

By a threat I mean a threat to either side

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh wait, nevermind; the Townsperson who was shot at becomes the new Gunbearer if innocent...

It would either prove a threat innocent or guilty right off the bat.

but we could loose a townie at the same time and I don't think crystal want to die because of a miss shot unless given enough evidence to why to shoot that person

Back