• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

uuuugh

2kimi2furious

Sleepy Bear
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Ancient Candle
Jack
Voodoo Doll
Pumpkin Cupcake
So, we moved. Finally. Let me tell y'all about the bull**** that went down leading up to the move.

So, we had a buyer for our old house. We were assured and assured and assured that everything was fine, there were no problems, everything was set and we were going to give them the keys to the house on the 8th at 10:30 am. Well, that got pushed back. And pushed back again. And pushed back AGAIN. Finally, we hear back at 5:30pm that night and it turns out the buyer's loan got declined. Her lender told her and us that everything was totally fine and going through until the very last minute.

So here we are, everything in our home packed up in boxes, only enough clothes for one day. And suddenly we are basically homeless because we can't buy the new house without selling the old house. This goes on for three days until our real estate agent and our lender work out some voodoo magic where we have to pay off ALL of our credit card debt and come up with a down payment.

WITH WHAT MONEY, THO? WITH WHAT MONEY????? IF WE COULD DO THAT, WE WOULDN'T HAVE THE DEBT AND WOULDN'T HAVE TO RELY ON SELLING THE HOUSE TO GET THIS NEW ONE.

Anyway, I'm freaking out and hyperventilating and crying like every 5 seconds because i'm also off of my anxiety meds, which is very fun and exciting for me. Just a good time all around.

But my dad turns out to be a secret crazy person who has money squirreled away and is like SURPRISINGLY REALLY GOOD AT THE STOCK MARKET??? (I rarely see my dad and he lives rent free with his girlfriend and doesn't look the type to be secretly rich, so I had NO IDEA about all this). He gives us a "gift" (has to be classified that way according to the law, but it is unofficially a loan) of an embarrassingly large amount of money to pay off our debt, have a downpayment, and then have some leftover for savings.

So, we have our new house and I feel like a total leech and a spoiled baby. It's not been fun.

BUT OUR HOUSE IS SO GOOD.

We've got everything unpacked from our storage pod, but there's still boxes and stuff all around the house. Basically, only the kitchen and 2 of our 3 bathrooms are done. The master bedroom has all the furniture that goes in it, but nothing that goes on/in the furniture has been unpacked. We did this in like a day and a half and I'm very tired. I'm at work today and the husbo is at home unpacking. It's actually kind of a relief to be at work right now because I can sit around and only a few people need something from me, lol.

OH ALSO.

I DEFINITELY DROPPED SOMETHING ON MY TOE WHILE WE WERE MOVING AND NOW MY TOENAIL IS ABOUT TO POP OFF AND THE WHOLE TOE IS PURPLE AND BLACK AND I AM LIMPING AROUND LIKE AN OLD PERSON SO THIS IS JUST ALL AROUND A GOOD TIME FOR ME.

I have only played a bit of Animal Crossing during this whole fiasco, but not enough to be significant. I've just been catching fish and bugs to take my mind off of things. I did end up unlocking the ability to build PWPs in Legend, and I THINK the Nooklings store may have upgraded. I honestly don't remember, this week has felt like an entire month. In Fujimori, I switched some of my seasonal QR codes out and got some new Kimonos for my alts to wear. I've done nothing in Gracey because the game cartridge was packed away.

We won't have internet until this afternoon. So I've done no tradings/visiting/villager stuff. Blargh.

However, when the internet is hooked up, my husband is going to buy me that goose game on the switch so I can release my anxiety by stealing hats and throwing them into rivers and causing low-level malarky. I am very excited.

SO ANYWAY, THAT IS WHAT HAS BEEN GOING ON WITH ME AND WHY I HAVE NOT BEEN HERE. YAY.

Back