• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

vB Announcement Discussion

crazyredd45 said:
would this attract more users?

i mean on gts+ they have a topic called last person to post wins and that post grows by about 30 pages a night

do you think that TBT could eventually become this popular
What...? I don't think topics make a forums popular.

strikingmatches said:
Will there be new staff?
<big>FAQs:

Q: Will you be hiring more mods? A: In the future, yes. Maybe they will be hired to do special jobs as well.</big>

Also, say some other guy comes along called Marcus and makes one before me, do I get priority over the name because I was here first? and because I'm the coolest Marcus in the world

crazyredd45 said:
Who can predict something like that?

Eventually? You can't say yes or no to that, the answer would have to be possibly.

Jeremy said:
if you can pay for it with Bells lol
So is the Bell system actually going to be useful, such as buying changeable names/titles/name colours/title colours/groups without having to PM an Admin? 8D

crazyredd45 said:
would this attract more users?

i mean on gts+ they have a topic called last person to post wins and that post grows by about 30 pages a night

The GTS has thousands more members than us... Also, the GTS is combined with GPX so that's why it's so popular, Pokemon isn't "dead" like Animal Crossing basically is.

crazyredd45 said:
yes

i know that but i meant more for the amount of post that it gains every day

the latest post on it is post 162017 and 8101 pages

when i checked on tuesday it had 8039 pages

so what i mean is will tbt ever become that popular
That's more a measure of how much spare time that forum's users have than a measure of the forum's popularity. (un)

Anyone who is wondering about bells, they will play a MUCH larger role in the new forum that I think everyone will greatly enjoy.

Bring back the arcade and add a site "gallery" where users can post art. Instead of making threads in the Museum, you can add art you've made into there, and there could be folders for different types of art. There could be a place where you can watch TBT's videos (you know, on Youtube) and it could be called the Theatre. Instead of the Shoubox, you could add a chat room that would be more professional looking than the last one we had, which was very dull. And there could be new smileys, too.

[Nook said:
,Nov 12 2010, 11:18:00 PM]Bring back the arcade and add a site "gallery" where users can post art. Instead of making threads in the Museum, you can add art you've made into there, and there could be folders for different types of art. There could be a place where you can watch TBT's videos (you know, on Youtube) and it could be called the Theatre. Instead of the Shoubox, you could add a chat room that would be more professional looking than the last one we had, which was very dull. And there could be new smileys, too.
The arcade that vBulletin has is much more advanced than the Zetaboards one, so if it was brought back it could be brought back with style.

As for the galleries, it depends how they're implemented but I've never really been much of a fan of them. I enjoy having threads for the art instead of having them shoved to some corner of the forum that barely anybody visits.

vBulletin shoutboxes are much better too, instant refresh and such.

We need an achievement system, with achievements relating to post count, bell amount, how long you've been here, giving bells, number of PMs sent, shoutbox/chat posts, how long you've been on, etc.

Or badges.

[Nook said:
,Nov 12 2010, 11:56:15 PM]We need an achievement system, with achievements relating to post count, bell amount, how long you've been here, giving bells, number of PMs sent, shoutbox/chat posts, how long you've been on, etc.

Or badges.
no we don't need that, it'd make TBT stupid.

Back