• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Villager Popularity Guide for Animal Crossing New Horizons

Same! I'd be willing to share data from my cycling town for this, since I use this list a lot for reference. ^^

Also a small correction, the correct name for Boid is "Boyd".
Yea same I have an idea of some villagers that are a bit misplaced, things have changed a lot!

I'd say once a month would be a reasonable update pace, so, basically, the end of this month would do

Wow Marina is a tier one? I have her in my town and can’t wait to get rid of her - creepy little mollusc :sick:

I heard that there was a glitch for getting rid of and selling villagers at the moment? So is it better to wait until this is fixed before trying to chuck her out?

Would it be possible to get estimates in NMT? They appear to have replaced bells for many trades on this forum.

This is very helpful for selling villagers! Thanks for putting this together.

I’d move Whitney down a tier or two. I’m trying to sell her and she already fell to page 2, and I saw Lucky go for like 90 NMT.

This is such an interesting list and something I am very excited to keep track of!

I will say, there are only two villagers in the top 15 that I would trade my villagers to get (Marina & Audie), so this list doesn't really apply to my personal taste, but its still so interesting!

Thank you so much for this!! Keeping this in mind for pricing my villagers when they move out

This definitely needs to be updated.
Kabuki has skyrocketed very high past what tier 3 claims he is worth and Marina is popular, but people have been selling her for 10-15 NMT which is nothing compared to what most of the other tier 1s are worth. (Most tier 1s are worth 80NMT to 200NMT+!)

Honestly, idk why Marshall is #1
I have not once seen him sell for over 500 NMT but ive seen many Raymonds sell for well over 1000 NMT

Honestly, idk why Marshall is #1
I have not once seen him sell for over 500 NMT but ive seen many Raymonds sell for well over 1000 NMT

this was before the raymold craze i think or people buying him for 1000 tickets.. but yes, no one would buy marshal for 1000 tickets so easily for the first time in years he's #2 now

I think the difference between popular and expensive is worth remembering, as well as the fact that the lack of amiibo for all the new villagers drives prices up. Raymond (for example) might be the most popular now, or he might just be the most expensive because Marshal is equally popular but much easier to get hold of, supply and demand. I think when this was created, a lot of thought went into finding people’s favourite villagers as much as the most expensive, and sometimes a villager such as Marshal might still be the overall favourite but not the most sought after, or the most expensive due to accessibility, I have Marshal in my town but I wouldn’t have paid many tickets for him, I amiibo’d him in, but even if I hadn’t had his amiibo, I wouldn’t have gone to the extortionate lengths that we’re going to just to try to get hold of Raymond.
If this list is meant to represent demand, then I definitely think Raymond should be #1, but if it’s more sentimental, like favoured villagers, a lot have happy memories with villagers like Marshal (etc) so might still rate him higher.

I think the difference between popular and expensive is worth remembering, as well as the fact that the lack of amiibo for all the new villagers drives prices up. Raymond (for example) might be the most popular now, or he might just be the most expensive because Marshal is equally popular but much easier to get hold of, supply and demand. I think when this was created, a lot of thought went into finding people’s favourite villagers as much as the most expensive, and sometimes a villager such as Marshal might still be the overall favourite but not the most sought after, or the most expensive due to accessibility, I have Marshal in my town but I wouldn’t have paid many tickets for him, I amiibo’d him in, but even if I hadn’t had his amiibo, I wouldn’t have gone to the extortionate lengths that we’re going to just to try to get hold of Raymond.
If this list is meant to represent demand, then I definitely think Raymond should be #1, but if it’s more sentimental, like favoured villagers, a lot have happy memories with villagers like Marshal (etc) so might still rate him higher.
you also have to take into account dreamy lists which more people have Raymond in their dreamy lists than Marshal

So far I've got some tier 1-3 villagers who I love. Audie, Stitches, Goldie and Cherry. I'm only on my 6th or 7th day tho so I gotta wait for the campsite to be built before I can get more. I also have Lyman who I'm not too fond of. I'll be searching islands until I get Ankha and Whitney next

Thanks for this list! I think you’re missing a villager, though: I met Louie on a mystery island yesterday but couldn’t find him in the first post’s ranking

Back