• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Villager reset trick confusion ?

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Hi ! I've been playing animal crossing for a long time and I am very determined to get my ten dream villagers, however I don't always have time for trades. I've heard people talk about the villager reset trick and I'm curious as the how that works. Is it as tedious as the campsite reset trick? I've also heard people say that they are "locked into a certain personality like smug, what exactly does that mean? Advice would be much appreciated :)

Thanks for reading ! :)

It's the same process as the campsite reset, the only difference is that you have to look for the house everytime.
But then again I could be wrong.
As for being locked into a certain personality, idk.

The villager reset trick is something that can only be done when you have less than 9 villagers because the game will naturally only give you 9 villagers. It will try to make sure that you have at least one of each villager personality, which is why people can get 'locked' into only one particular personality.

To my understanding, it's pretty much identical to the campsite reset trick. You start up with a new character at the beginning of the new day, look around for a plot, if there is one, and if you like who you see, you save. Otherwise, you delete the character, and try again.

How do you know what personality you get locked into?

If you have all 8, then it's random. XD When I got Tammy at the campsite, I already had another uchi in my town (Katt).

That's confusing.
Because let's say you have 1 of each personality, there's 8, I think, and then you have an extra peppy and an extra lazy. And then your 1 cranky decided to move, I was told that a villager (that being the Cranky I'm using as an example) of the same personality of the one that just left will not be one to show up.

THIS IS TOO CONFUSING ;3;

With the "locked in" thing, you will only be locked in to a villager type if you do not have any currently in your town, however you will not be "locked in" until another villager moves out after that villager. Basically, when a villager moves, a villager with that same personality type cannot move in until another villager does (unless you invite them). For example, Axel moved out of my town, even though I now have no jocks, the next villager to move in cannot be a jock, I got Beau the lazy deer, but any villager except for jocks could have appeared. When my next villager moves out, I will then be "locked in" to jock villagers.

Back