• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Villager Tier List for Animal Crossing: New Horizons (Updated: 5/19)

Zucker has to go down I think, to A or even B tier. In fact, i think the whole octopus group has to shift down, Octavian to C and Marina to stay at or move at A I can't pinpoint yet. I see more of Zucker being sold than bought if anything, and the prices do not come anywhere close to that of Judy, Ankha, Audie etc. Although they were popular in ACNL, this downtrend of value probably is the case because of their higher frequencies in mystery islands.
I agree that in general the octopus species are trending lower in pricing. However, Zucker and Marina both hold a top 10 spot overall when it comes to social media presence across everything . I tried to average in everything accordingly. Zucker is historically more popular than Judy, for example. However, Judy sells for 5 times more than Zucker, sometimes more.

I also have Merry and think that she is the sweetest thing! My favorite peppy villagers before were Bianca and Freckles, but I'm very happy with Merry!

This list is irrelevant because villager tastes are subjective to the player. Also, Raymond does not deserve a tier to himself and with that in mind, it's pretty clear to see the OP used their own personal taste to tier them...

Last edited:
This list is irrelevant because villager tastes are subjective to the player.
I'm not a big fan of tier lists either, but people find them useful because they're good guides for pricing. "Irrelevant" is a harsh term.

Also, Raymond does not deserve a tier too himself.

Recent auction prices would strongly disagree with you on this one.

With that in mind, it's pretty clear to see the OP used their own personal taste to tier them...

There's always going to be bias in the creation of any ranking. I don't think that necessitates dismissing them on face.

This list is irrelevant because villager tastes are subjective to the player. Also, Raymond does not deserve a tier too himself. With that in mind, it's pretty clear to see the OP used their own personal taste to tier them...
I agree player tastes are subjective to player. Raymond is the only villager to be sold for 1,000+ NMTs, is universally the top searched for villager and is by far the most in demand/popular villager by a long shot. His demand is greater than Judy, Audie, Marshal, Ankha and Bob combined. If that doesn't deserve it's own tier I don't know what to tell you.

I also explained my thought process in this post - if you don't agree with the list that's why I asked for community feedback and have also been actively making changes based on said feedback.

I'm not a big fan of tier lists either, but people find them useful because they're good guides for pricing. "Irrelevant" is a harsh term.

Recent auction prices would strongly disagree with you on this one.

There's always going to be bias in the creation of any ranking. I don't think that necessitates dismissing them on face.
Raymond still doesn't deserve its own tier unless you're being really biased. Why would you need a tier list to price someone? Why not idk just look at other sales? Villagers are only worth what others are willing to pay and tier list just jack up prices to unreasonable amounts. They do more harm then good to be completely honest

Raymond still doesn't deserve its own tier unless you're being really biased.

I can't name another villager that people are consistently selling for NMT numbers that are in the thousands. "Really biased" seems really hyperbolic.

Why would you need a tier list to price someone? Why not idk just look at other sales? Villagers are only worth what others are willing to pay and tier list just jack up prices to unreasonable amounts. They do more harm then good to be completely honest
The purpose of a tier list is to provide a concise overview of what prices villagers have gone for. Hundreds of people buy/sell villagers per day.

@Zura The only reason I put Raymond in his own tier is because of posts like these - and that's just one post. My favorite villager is Diva, no one ever appreciates her :cry:

This list is irrelevant because...

...subjective

You said it yourself. It may be irrelevant to you, but others might find it helpful when deciding to auction a villager, or trade them for one of their favorites.

Or it may just be fun for people like myself who enjoy lists, rankings and ultimately data.

I can't name another villager that people are consistently selling for NMT numbers that are in the thousands. "Really biased" seems really hyperbolic
Call it what you want but there's still no reason to add another tier for someone that clearly belongs in S. Does adding a + to the tier somehow make it special? Personally I'd put him in the lowest but that's just my opinion and it isn't everyone else's.

The purpose of a tier list is to provide a concise overview of what prices villagers have gone for. Hundreds of people buy/sell villagers per day.
Which is used a lot for greedy individuals to point out villagers' tiers for more money. Again, villagers are only worth as much as someone is willing to pay for them. Making a tier list gives greedy people the ability to jack up the price in the name of the list.

While I think the OP did a great job doing the research and I commend them for the work, I still can't agree with both the tiers and the list in the first place.

You said it yourself. It may be irrelevant to you, but others might find it helpful when deciding to auction a villager, or trade them for one of their favorites.

Or it may just be fun for people like myself who enjoy lists, rankings and ultimately data.
It can be fun but harmful to the trading system. (Looking at you collectible tiers :p ) Especially for people lower on the list. Some people are willing to pay a lot for those villagers but this list makes it out to seem like nobody wants them or that they're only worth a few bells.
Post automatically merged:

You just quoted a post that gives a reason for doing so.
No you keep repeating that it has popularity but again doesn't matter in terms of ranking. Im done talking about this silly thing lol
Post automatically merged:

@Zura The only reason I put Raymond in his own tier is because of posts like these - and that's just one post. My favorite villager is Diva, no one ever appreciates her :cry:
Hey, Diva is awesome. People don't have good taste anymore or what lol

This list is irrelevant because villager tastes are subjective to the player. Also, Raymond does not deserve a tier to himself and with that in mind, it's pretty clear to see the OP used their own personal taste to tier them...

I’m not a fan of these lists either and agree that they can drive up (or keep up) prices.
However, I think you’re misunderstanding the purpose of the listing. It’s not making a value statement of Raymond being the best villager, but the most popular one—which he very unambiguously is. Yes, I think the high prices for him are gross, and yes, it kinda pains me to see him get a tier to himself. But it is absolutely justified in terms of his popularity/desirability.

That said, I wouldn’t recommend giving him such a position. We all know he’s miles ahead of the others right now, so there’s no good reason to not just include him in the S Tier imo. Putting him on a pedestal like that will just cause his value to be more inflated than it already is.

I’m not a fan of these lists either and agree that they can drive up (or keep up) prices.
However, I think you’re misunderstanding the purpose of the listing. It’s not making a value statement of Raymond being the best villager, but the most popular one—which he very unambiguously is. Yes, I think the high prices are for him are gross, and yes, it kinda pains me to see him get a tier to himself. But it is absolutely justified in terms of his popularity/desirability.

That said, I wouldn’t recommend giving him such a position. We all know he’s miles ahead of the others right now, so there’s no real reason to not just include him in the S Tier. Putting him on a pedestal like that will just cause his value to be more inflated than it already is.
Haha, you basically said what I said but nicer and more articulate. (Im too tired to use my brain rn) I love popularity lists myself and I do think a lot of work went into making this list. I just think it might fuel the flames in this greedy community we're currently in. Or not, I could definitly be wrong.

Anyways, sorry for starting a rather stupid debate in your thread. Also, sorry if I came off as rude with my comments, I have been trying to practice a little thing people call "self control" lol

I can definitely see how putting Raymond in his own tier can be interpreted as him being put up on a pedestal. I definitely don't want to perpetuate this ideology that he's the best villager in the game. I just want to present the data as is. As long as people are willing to buy him for thousands of tickets he will continue to remain that way, tier lists or not.

We can definitely have a discussion about it - I'm not against it at all. If the community largely agrees he shouldn't be in his own tier we can bump him back to S. We can see what the discussion is heading into the morning or in the next few days.

But in other news, I've updated the sprites up to B Tier. I'll be adding more in the morning.

Elvis is in D Tier???? Hurt my heart to see you put him so low I love him lol.

Cool to see I got at least two in S tier with Bob and Fauna they both are pretty great. Overall I agree with most of your list, besides Elvis obviously haha.

Elvis is in D Tier???? Hurt my heart to see you put him so low I love him lol.

Cool to see I got at least two in S tier with Bob and Fauna they both are pretty great. Overall I agree with most of your list, besides Elvis obviously haha.
Right? Agent S placement breaks my heart into pieces. How does a cat in glasses get a better rating than my main girl?! This world is such a cruel place

@Fisher @Zura Ironically enough Agent S and Elvis are among the upper echelon in D tier. If they pick up in popularity they can definitely make it to C.

I can definitely see how putting Raymond in his own tier can be interpreted as him being put up on a pedestal. I definitely don't want to perpetuate this ideology that he's the best villager in the game. I just want to present the data as is. As long as people are willing to buy him for thousands of tickets he will continue to remain that way, tier lists or not.

We can definitely have a discussion about it - I'm not against it at all. If the community largely agrees he shouldn't be in his own tier we can bump him back to S. We can see what the discussion is heading into the morning or in the next few days.

But in other news, I've updated the sprites up to B Tier. I'll be adding more in the morning.

Honestly, it’s your tier list and I do agree that the placement does reflect reality. I think it’s not the best decision, but that’s coming more from a...I dunno, ethical standpoint?

Either way I think you’ve done a lot of work, and it’s always interesting to see community trends summarized.

Back