• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Villager Tier List for Animal Crossing: New Horizons (Updated: 5/19)

Raymond does in fact atm needs another tier.
1000+nmt auctions
Next in line on average is 200 for the new ones and marshal. Once Raymond gets to that price range, he will be part of the S tier.

It's like putting a Lamborghini next to Bugatti, because they are luxury sport cars, when in fact there is a 2.5 million price difference.

For me Colton is S tier and I will pay the same for him that what I would pay for Julian, but reality is that he is cheaper and less sought after, therefor a lower tier.

Same applies for example in Kpop the best selling girl group is twice with 7 million albums sold (Raymond), after that even if you put the next 19 best selling girl groups (S+A tier) together, Twice still have more sales, therefore they should be S+ tier.

Also thank you for taking the time to do this.

Thanks for adding the sprites, they look great!

Also seen quite a few negative comments which I think comes from people being hurt their favourite is low. Unfortunately certain facts can’t be denied, some people might find tier lists helpful, many others choose to ignore them. Let people play the game how they want! A list shouldn’t affect your opinion on who you like but is merely there for those who want them for whatever reason. OP you’ve done a great job, and unlike the other list I can see you updating this regularly based on feedback and what’s going on in the trading forum :)

Last edited:
Raymond does in fact atm needs another tier.
1000+nmt auctions
Next in line on average is 200 for the new ones and marshal. Once Raymond gets to that price range, he will be part of the S tier.

It's like putting a Lamborghini next to Bugatti, because they are luxury sport cars, when in fact there is a 2.5 million price difference.

For me Colton is S tier and I will pay the same for him that what I would pay for Julian, but reality is that he is cheaper and less sought after, therefor a lower tier.

Same applies for example in Kpop the best selling girl group is twice with 7 million albums sold (Raymond), after that even if you put the next 19 best selling girl groups (S+A tier) together, Twice still have more sales, therefore they should be S+ tier.

Also thank you for taking the time to do this.
I think that just requires a scale rather than a tier. Like how high does someone have to be before they are either dropped a tier or brought up a tier?

Wow. I never really bothered looking at tiers before. I just realized that I've simply let a high-tiered villager on my island go into the void (Lucky), or simply ignored them at the islands (Bam, Goldie, Kyle, Skye, Sprinkle).

Bam seems to have the wrong sprite, just a heads up : )

This looks great so far! Roald totally shot up this game compared to NL, he was typically tier 4.

This list is irrelevant because villager tastes are subjective to the player. Also, Raymond does not deserve a tier to himself and with that in mind, it's pretty clear to see the OP used their own personal taste to tier them...
Haven't read every comment so apologies if someone has repeated what I'm about to say
But this list is a compilation of player opinions. When every normal or lazy villager is identical in terms of function in the game their appearance dictates their value (unfortunately).
I also have no idea how you came to the conclusion that OP used their own personal tastes.

Bam seems to have the wrong sprite, just a heads up : )

This looks great so far! Roald totally shot up this game compared to NL, he was typically tier 4.
Oof I can't believe I messed that up! o_O Fixed. Roald has definitely picked up in popularity - especially since streamers seem to love him and he gets more exposure.

I have zero interest in ever acquiring Raymond for my island and yet I do not deny that he is obviously, and I mean obviously, the most popular villager right now in terms of players wanting him on their island willing to pay big bucks to do so. Accusing the compiler of this list of bias is itself showing it, I think!

Thanks for adding the sprites, they look great!

Also seen quite a few negative comments which I think comes from people being hurt their favourite is low. Unfortunately certain facts can’t be denied, some people might find tier lists helpful, many others choose to ignore them. Let people play the game how they want! A list shouldn’t affect your opinion on who you like but is merely there for those who want them for whatever reason. OP you’ve done a great job, and unlike the other list I can see you updating this regularly based on feedback and what’s going on in the trading forum :)

i was quite surprised as well. it's not like there aren't variations of villager tiers per list depending who made them over the years (new leaf era) why would they want their faves to be high? so it's more difficult for them to get them as well? they're acting like it's the billboard charts or something lol.

but yeah, if some are facts, i'm glad OP listens and updates the list from the feedback.

Haha, yay Ankha. You go girl!
Post automatically merged:

I feel bad for Mitzi being so low. I really like her.

Is Marshal still no 1 in his tier?
Thank you so much for making this OP! Ignore the haters.
No Marshal isn’t the top in his tier anymore. He’s behind Raymond, Judy and Audie in popularity at the moment.

So he still ranks above all the other villagers with amiibo right?
Correct. He’s still highly sought after. Although the gap between Marshal and everyone else is closer than ever before.

Not tryna throw shade, but Zucker really isn't S tier.

1 NMT as the highest offer after 3 hours doesn't scream highly sought after to me.

Like A tiers or even B tiers could get at least a 5 NMT(Lolly and Dom for instance, even hitting beyond 40 NMT). I think to warrant an S it would mean seeing this certain villager as a decent grab or investment even if it's not a dreamy, but Zucker really doesnt amount to much in terms of pricing and I think this is an accurate (not necessarily perfect) depiction of the community's view on him. Zucker to B pls!

Last edited:
No Marshal isn’t the top in his tier anymore. He’s behind Raymond, Judy and Audie in popularity at the moment.
Is he really below Judy? I'd have said he was third at least.

1 NMT as the highest offer after 3 hours doesn't scream highly sought after to me.
That's just one (poor) example. If you look at other threads he's gone for a lot more quite often. Using that logic as well, other villagers like Marina should also be lower down because I see them get sold for not a lot quite often. Some of the villagers in S tier are popular but there's quite a few of them always up for trades which drives their pricing down.

That's just one (poor) example. If you look at other threads he's gone for a lot more quite often. Using that logic as well, other villagers like Marina should also be lower down because I see them get sold for not a lot quite often. Some of the villagers in S tier are popular but there's quite a few of them always up for trades which drives their pricing down.
I have not seen Zucker go above 30-50 NMT. If this case is an outlier, then he still wouldn't hit peaks that lower tier villagers would hit.

If not through pricing, then wouldn't the list be entirely biased? Isn't Raymond's main purpose of being an S+ tier because of his exorbitant price? If you take into account meme factor, then villagers like Dom and Audie should move up.
I'm also in favor actually of putting all octopuses down a tier based on excess in their supply alone, but Marina is marginally more sought after than Zucker so I'd say she's A tier.

To be fair 3 hours ago was 7AM EST on a Monday. But I will point out a few things: outside of TBT, Zucker is the most popular octopus villager. Octopuses, in general, sell for less NMTs comparatively. Zucker averages about 40 tickets. Overall, he’s more popular than Marina, Fauna, Sherb and a few others in his tier. Keep in mind, sell price and popularity aren’t mutually exclusive. Judy is more expensive than Audie despite Audie being overall more popular. I’m also not just being inclusive to TBT but rather across all forms of media.

But yes, in terms of value, Marina and Zucker are definitely in the bottom for S rank.

Judy and Audie are particularly volatile. Audie’s popularity, for example, has changed drastically in the past 48 hours and is trending down. I’d say, on average, in the last week Marshal is #4. Submit to change in the future (including the immediate future).

Last edited:
Judy and Audie are particularly volatile. Audie’s popularity, for example, has changed drastically in the past 48 hours and is trending down. I’d say, on average, in the last week Marshal is #4. Submit to change in the future (including the immediate future).

Yehhh, I think the lack of amibos have a lot to answer for some villagers pricing at the moment. I think he'll rise again in the next coming months.

Back