• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Want To Make 1 mil bells per day?

Majorasmask

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
I know this trick has been suggest a lot, but I'd like to take the time to refine it. I see a lot of people that still have issues or that simply aren't doing it right, so let me explain.

TAKE THE AXE TO THE ENTIRE ISLAND!

I know, some people are thinking WTF? But yes, hear me out. You want 3 trees on your island, that's it. You want a palm tree on the left, a regular tree in the middle, and a palm tree on the right. That's it. Cut down and remove all other trees and flowers. You don't want anything else spawning on that island but beetles.

Now you will have hermit crabs and small bugs. Scare them away immediately as they take up a spawn point that could be used for a beetle. Now you can run around your 3 trees and wait for everything to spawn on them. As long as you scare away the smaller bugs, you shouldn't ever have to reset (walk in and back out).

The only bug you want to worry about on the regular tree is the rainbow bug. Scare eveything else away. Everything that spawns on the 2 palm trees will be worth at least 6k. Most are 8k. Rare bugs are 10-12k.

If you're having issues with catching the bugs heres a tip: walk up to each tree and hit it with your net. Get as far away from the tree as possible that you can still hit it with your net and place a seashell at that point. Now you know exactly when to swing your net when your sneaking up to a bug! Remember, walk very slowly (barely touching the stick) when it comes to rare bugs.

2-3 hours (based on wealthy town or not) will net you around 750-1 mil bells. Each day, as long as you want to do this. Of course retail closes at 11pm, so those good with math can figure out if either wealthy town or night owl will produce more wealth over the course of each hour. Good luck out there and bring back some bells to our forum :)

Also these beetles don't start spawning until 5pm.

2-3 hours?
30819-Sweet-Brown-funny-gif-j2gJ.gif

I just cut down the trees in the middle and run counterclockwise around the island.

By only having 3 you FORCE the bugs to spawn on the trees you want (those easiest to see and sneak up on) while still being able to run without scaring them. Also catching one bug won't scare away another as they're so spread out.

or

***~~~~~~~**
***~*******~**
*o*~***o***~*o*
***~*******~**
***~~~~~~~**

- - - Post Merge - - -

ahh! okay

I like the idea of this trick, but it's a bit too much to do for my taste. I like the way my island looks.

aww, but what about large fish? I get a massive amount of expensive fish. maybe I'll just walk around the entire island...

Thanks! I plan to do this, and I don't understand the 2-3 hours that people are complaining about. You are playing animal crossing I don't think many people just play for an hour or 20 minutes ;-;

Right, You could just run back and forth on the southern beach where you can see all 3, but bugs that spawn up north will kill the spawning eventually. Scaring those small bugs and hermit crabs is key to not having to reset (walk in and back out). They love to crowd the island and sit there.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I like the idea of this trick, but it's a bit too much to do for my taste. I like the way my island looks.

Well this is mostly for those that want to take full advantage of their island to make bells. It's not really geared towards people that just like to go to the island to hang out. Indeed it does look a bit bare, but it could be fixed up again once you get a nice little nest egg of bells :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

aww, but what about large fish? I get a massive amount of expensive fish. maybe I'll just walk around the entire island...

Aye, you can still fish and all that, just ignore the beetles for a bit lol. The beetles are the money makers though. The sharks go for 15k each, but they're rare to show up and then you have to time it just right to even catch them. Just a bit frustrating in my opinion.

Aye, you can still fish and all that, just ignore the beetles for a bit lol. The beetles are the money makers though. The sharks go for 15k each, but they're rare to show up and then you have to time it just right to even catch them. Just a bit frustrating in my opinion.

I must be shark blessed, I get like 3 per roundabout

Yep, been doing this. The rainbow bug takes a long while to come out- I found 2x in a 1hr trip. Tons of stags though.

Yep, been doing this. The rainbow bug takes a long while to come out- I found 2x in a 1hr trip. Tons of stags though.

That rainbow bug is set to spawn very low for some reason, but the rare palm tree beetles show up a lot more often. Maybe because the player has access to those tree from the start and not so much palm trees until they get their island.

I'm doing this right now, is there any way to make them spawn faster? I have to do 10-15 loops to get just one bug to appear, and it's usually the worthless fruit beetle :L

I'm doing this right now, is there any way to make them spawn faster? I have to do 10-15 loops to get just one bug to appear, and it's usually the worthless fruit beetle :L

The problem is a bunch of smaller bugs have spawned (like roaches on the beach or hermit crabs) and are taking up spawn points for the beetles. You need to scare them away or reset (walk inside the hut and back out). This will always slow down spawn if you don't get rid of them. They are literally PESTS!

Back