• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Welcome a friend promotion!!!

Summ3rain

Mochi of QT Isle
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
The Bell Tree Fair 2013 Patch
Fair Pinwheel
Green Candy
Red Candy
Yellow Candy
Cake
Some of you may already know about this but I thought I'd post just in case, since I only just found out via Facebook today.

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Campaigns...w-Leaf-Welcome-a-Friend-Promotion-789519.html

So it turns out that if you register your game on the Nintendo website, it gives you a code so that a friend can download new leaf for FREE! I personally think that is awesome!

I do realise its on the .co.uk website so unsure if NA would have the same promotion.

Hopefully some of you will benefit from this info :) I personally can think of a friend to gift this to already! *excited*

The promotion only works if the person you give the code to registers a 3DS XL. If they don't register one, they can't download the game.

Does this work in NA, or is it a UK only event?

Sadface, no luck here for NA. T_T

Last edited:
Lol I guess it's one way for Nintendo to encourage people who don't yet have the console to get one

My mum took my first XL when I got my AC one. I had never registered it.... So I got the recommend a friend code for her and she'll register the XL and get the game for nothing! She originally never wanted it because "you have to play every day" (untrue, you will just have a messy character and weeds) but when I said free she said she'd try it! Great place to get villagers/items etc mwahahaha!! I'll get it sorted tonight.

I have just very cheekily asked my sister if her boyfriend has registered his XL yet, I really want a second town now and I could just about afford another copy of AC after payday but I also want to save up for an XL (not to mention I need to save up for a new freezer, don't grow up kids it's not great) so that money would be really useful in my savings.

I don't understand how to get the recommendation code? I've registered my 3DS and AC:NL product code. Anyone who's done it successfully?

Australia has it as well. :D So I assume this is PAL regions only at the moment.

I really wanted to give my promo code to my bf, but he'd already registered his XL (got it about a month ago) It seems I was so disappointed that it compelled him to just buy it from the eshop, hahaha! Hopefully he gets some of my dreamies so I can steal them from him. >D

I don't understand how to get the recommendation code? I've registered my 3DS and AC:NL product code. Anyone who's done it successfully?

For anyone in the EU that registers either the game itself or the bundle with game (I could have had 3 recommendation codes if I'd wanted with my physical, AC Console and also the digital version on it) and chooses to get the promotion, here's how it goes:

Register a copy of the game and get offered a promo code, click either that you want it :))) or that you don't :)(). Complete the survey for the stars and a recommendation code shows up at the end of the survey. I made a note of it (just in case) but Nintendo sends you an email with full instructions a day or two later with the code again.

Recipient must register an XL console and type the recommendation code into Club Nintendo before the deadline and they will be given a free download code for New Leaf to put into the eShop! I am hoping this second section is as straightforward as it sounds because I have to do it tomorrow now!

Yep it's easy to do, my friend had a ds xl that he hadn't registered so I got the really long recommendation code for him, he logged into his club nintendo and put in the code, he then had to answer a few questions and then got the 16 digit download code to be used on the 3ds e shop

For anyone in the EU that registers either the game itself or the bundle with game (I could have had 3 recommendation codes if I'd wanted with my physical, AC Console and also the digital version on it) and chooses to get the promotion, here's how it goes:

Register a copy of the game and get offered a promo code, click either that you want it :))) or that you don't :)(). Complete the survey for the stars and a recommendation code shows up at the end of the survey. I made a note of it (just in case) but Nintendo sends you an email with full instructions a day or two later with the code again.

Recipient must register an XL console and type the recommendation code into Club Nintendo before the deadline and they will be given a free download code for New Leaf to put into the eShop! I am hoping this second section is as straightforward as it sounds because I have to do it tomorrow now!

Thanks for the help :). My code didn't come up at the end which was weird but I emailed and asked for help and it's all sorted now.

Back