• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Westworld themed house: Maeve's saloon

RedPanda

DA-9920-8729-4535
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Switch
0005-0805-2723
Tricolored Puppy Plush
Celeste Chick Plush
Pink Star Fragment
Mom's Plush
Sheep Plush
For my Westworld themed house, it seemed essential to include Maeve's saloon. Thank goodness for Mannequins (though I'd love a bunch more); with the help of a beautifully designed corset dress and the flashy hairpin, it looked like a convincing stand-in for the wily hostess. I also really like the idea of using mannequins as placeholders for robots - it certainly doesn't clash with the theme!

The Welcome Amiibo update really opened up a lot of doors for this room to happen, what with the cafe furnishings in Ellie's RV. It also allowed me to get that safe (thanks, Gonzo!) without having to be a bellionaire.

Other essential items: the upright piano, which, while not a player piano exactly, looks enough the part.

The toughest thing is of course, the beverages; Nintendo gets funny about booze and I guess historically they have used milk as a placeholder for it. That winds up working very well here because of the usage of milk in various scenes in the show, including the saloon. Other items became useful, such as the Thanksgiving vinegar bottles and the perfume set, which has nice beveled glass bottles very similar to those seen at the bar of the saloon in the show.

I went so far as to create a flocked velvet wallpaper pattern to match the reference images I found, but ultimately I went with the cafe wallpaper because it gave the room a much more authentic feeling of being a public house. The flocked pattern, while more like the walls in the show, made the room look more like a boudoir than a bar.

All in all I am very pleased with the way this room turned out. You should come on by and say hi to Maeve!

View attachment 236813View attachment 236814View attachment 236815

View attachment 236816View attachment 236817
View attachment 236818

Attachments

• saloon-teddy-safe.jpg
    saloon-teddy-safe.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 21
  • saloon-bar-dolores-teddy.jpg
    saloon-bar-dolores-teddy.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 19
  • saloon-bartender.jpg
    saloon-bartender.jpg