• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

What Are You Listening To?

Just some chill German Krautrock from the late 70’s. Not sure what it is, but combinations of instrumental guitar solos and electronic synths from this period sound amazing to my ears.

Below is the album Ashra released a year later in 1979, and I really want to own it on vinyl someday. Every track on this album is special, and it’s one of my all-time favorite instrumental albums. If you like late 70’s synthesizer sounds mixed in with electric guitars, I highly recommend this:

This is Entwistle's solo version of his penned song off The Who's 1971 LP Who's Next. I actually prefer this version over the earlier Who version, and I don't say that often for studio re-recordings. It sounds much more powerful.

John Entwistle's solo albums (while still with The Who) were just recently made available for streaming after being absent for many years, so check them out if you're a Who fan.

Back