• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

What are you planning to name your island?

Not to be a downer, but my grandmother died recently and I plan on naming my island as a memorial to her. Either her maiden name or something significant to her memory. If the latter, it'll probably be something that sounds kinda mundane like "Firefly" or "Rubye" but it'll have meaning for me.

She didn't play Animal Crossing, but she's watched me play a couple of times and has always loved interior design.

I think that’s very sweet :)

I’ve been on a lord of the rings kick for the past 2 decades so I think I will name the town something slightly more obscure than The Shire, Rivendell, or Mount Doom. Currently considering Almaren, Elenath, or Ithildin. I like Ithildin but I’m worried it looks a little strange with sans serif font, so Almaren is in the lead.

I’m naming my island White Claw. It’s really dumb but it made me laugh when I thought about it.

I was torn between going with a musical term or something from my current degree program, computer science. The only CS term I thought worked was Null.

So I'm going with a musical term. My NL town was Poco, which in a musical context is used for "little by little" (poco a poco). This time I think I'm gonna name my island Solf?ge or Solfeggio, which is the name for the common "do-re-mi" note system. I thought it was fitting given that those are like building blocks for music, and this game has a focus on crafting and building your own community.

I actually changed my mind on everything... lol! I think orange may be more island-ish to start with plus i love the smell of them and how the wind blows through the leaves on the game, I thought the smell of oranges would be strong and refreshing if it were real lol. I decided to go with what me and my mom came up with, Oran Myst (Or-in, means song or singing irish) and have oranges instead of Honeydrop and apples. My flag colors are going to be centered on bright purple pink and orange (sunset colors).

I'm naming my island Moon Acre! I have known I wanted something moon/nightsky themed and I almost decided on Moondew but I love Moon Acre a lot~ :)

I didn't have a name until my youngest brother told me to name it Solstice so that's what I'm going with :)

Finally figured out what I'm naming my island for sure! It's going to be called "Sweetberry" and I'm sooooo excited!

あまのがわじま (Heaven's River Island // River of Heaven Island // Milky Way Island)
I'm planning on playing it in Japanese so I can brush up on it haha

Last edited:
So, what ive been thinking is naming my island Africa and having my human villager named Toto and then my town tune could be Toto's Africa. :cool:

There's nothing that a hundred men or more could ever do...to make me not like this post.

I think I'll go with Havenburg or Havenport, something with the word "haven" in it. I kinda like New Haven, too... Then it would also have the same initials as New Horizons!

I think I'll go with Havenburg or Havenport, something with the word "haven" in it. I kinda like New Haven, too... Then it would also have the same initials as New Horizons!

before i decided on a name for my island, I did have Rock Haven written in my potential's list in case you are interested. :)

Firefly Isle for me! I'm hoping that ACNH has a similar to the other games where the fireflies come out at night in the summer. That's what I want my island to be known for!

Sanctum.

A sacred place; a private place from which most people are excluded.

Last edited:
Most likely going with Cassiopeia.

Goddess of vanity, come through!

I just did a huge brainstorming session with myself yesterday and finally decided on a name. HOWEVER I was wondering, is it confirmed that the island names will be "______ Island" or can we make it say "Isle" instead? If so I might rethink my name.

I just did a huge brainstorming session with myself yesterday and finally decided on a name. HOWEVER I was wondering, is it confirmed that the island names will be "______ Island" or can we make it say "Isle" instead? If so I might rethink my name.

iirc if you want your name to include Isle or Island you need to account for that in the letter count, I know the Japanese version gives you options to add them if you have enough room, but idk if we've seen the selection in English yet?

Firefly Isle for me! I'm hoping that ACNH has a similar to the other games where the fireflies come out at night in the summer. That's what I want my island to be known for!

firefly isle is such a cute name!!

St. Mara

Sounds ancient and a bit mysterious

- - - Post Merge - - -

あまのがわじま (Heaven's River Island // River of Heaven Island // Milky Way Island)
I'm planning on playing it in Japanese so I can brush up on it haha

Your island can say so much more in 10 characters in Japanese than English. Hey, that's cheating! :D

Do you reckon you could switch back to English if you get tired of playing in Japanese?

Back