• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

What are you planning to name your island?

I think I've settled with the name Frescas, it sounds cute and has a citrusy and fresh vibe that I think I want to go with!

I'm not exactly sure but I definitely want something that reminds me of Hawai'i. I also want it to have an apostrophe like the actual spelling!

I am going to name my beautiful island Laciport! (It is tropical spelt backwards)

I plan to either name my island Insomnia, Fuyuki, or Chaldea. Not too sure but I still have time to decide. I've been spending most of my time designing my island that I totally forgot about my island name:(

I'm sooo torn on what to name my island. So far I'm closest to "Leo" or "Leon" (stylized as Isle of Leo or Isla Leon). But I also have words like Fern, Glory, Dandelion, and Sheol floating around my head.

I used to just like making up cool sounding names out of my imagination, but when you google them it's already some obscure something. I'm gonna go for 'Hitsuji', which is japanese for 'Sheep'

Does anyone know if "Island" will be added to the name?
I'm for example thinking of naming it Windfall after Zelda wind waker, would that be named "Windfall Island" then?

Does anyone know if "Island" will be added to the name?
I'm for example thinking of naming it Windfall after Zelda wind waker, would that be named "Windfall Island" then?

Considering you supposedly only have 10 characters to enter your island name, I would definitely expect they add it for you yeah

Last edited:
I plan to either name my island Insomnia, Fuyuki, or Chaldea. Not too sure but I still have time to decide. I've been spending most of my time designing my island that I totally forgot about my island name:(

I see, a fellow person of culture.

I will be naming mine Winterwood since I want to incorporate Japanese areas into my island as well as more westernized areas. A place in Japan known for foreign houses is Kobe which inspires a lot of places in Fuyuki City, a fictional city in the Fate series which I have been quite into lately. Fuyuki when translated literally to English is Winter Wood, thus the name.

I'm still deciding and need help! I really like floral names and any name that could refer back to my favorite movie which is the 2015 Cinderella. So far I have:

Lavender - love the smell and plant in general-- in Cinderella she sings "lavender's blue"
Florella- a name I made up! Old new leaf town as well has the ella ending like Cinderella
Pinewood- the studio of the Cinderella film
Papillon- butterfly in french -- big part of the film bc she loves butterflies and her dad gives her one before he dies
Willow- I just love willow trees
Peony- My favorite flower
Primrose- my favorite color is yellow and I love this flower
Canopy- idk I just thought it sounded like a cute name
Callalily- Loveeeee flowers
Dilly- means: something or someone regarded as remarkable or unusual and also short for delightful -- once again my town tune will follow Lavender's blue dilly dilly so it follows very nicely.....

I want to have a uniqueish name but also like the simple sounding towns.... would love suggestions and ideas or to know which you like best :)

I see, a fellow person of culture.

I will be naming mine Winterwood since I want to incorporate Japanese areas into my island as well as more westernized areas. A place in Japan known for foreign houses is Kobe which inspires a lot of places in Fuyuki City, a fictional city in the Fate series which I have been quite into lately. Fuyuki when translated literally to English is Winter Wood, thus the name.

Hahaha thanks for the info! I knew I wanted my island name to be Fate related since I recently got into the series and the game. (Why won't Merlin come home T_T, I have to wait another year for NA to have a solo 5* rate up ;-;) now that you mentioned the translated version of the name it has a nice ring to it. Especially with the idea you have of adding a modern twist to your island. You have to keep me updated when you get the game and start your island! I definitely want to see how it developes over time! :D

Last edited:
I'm still deciding and need help! I really like floral names and any name that could refer back to my favorite movie which is the 2015 Cinderella. So far I have:

Lavender - love the smell and plant in general-- in Cinderella she sings "lavender's blue"
Florella- a name I made up! Old new leaf town as well has the ella ending like Cinderella
Pinewood- the studio of the Cinderella film
Papillon- butterfly in french -- big part of the film bc she loves butterflies and her dad gives her one before he dies
Willow- I just love willow trees
Peony- My favorite flower
Primrose- my favorite color is yellow and I love this flower
Canopy- idk I just thought it sounded like a cute name
Callalily- Loveeeee flowers
Dilly- means: something or someone regarded as remarkable or unusual and also short for delightful -- once again my town tune will follow Lavender's blue dilly dilly so it follows very nicely.....

I want to have a uniqueish name but also like the simple sounding towns.... would love suggestions and ideas or to know which you like best :)

As someone who's absolutely obsessed with lavender... I'm voting for Lavender. X'D
Have you considered merging the names of two words together to make a unique name? I'm no good with floral names, but I've been coming up with fruit/food related names like Berrybloom, Lunaberry, Mintea, etc.

Alternatively, you could always fall back on a different language! The Japanese Primrose is one of my favorite flowers, and it's called Sakurasou in Japanese. :)

I feel like we're getting dangerously close to release and I'm still not sure what to name my town. I want something cozy/town name sounding but I don't want to pick a name just for that reason. I have to like it as well. Some names I've written down so far.

Bumble Bay
Crumbton
Amarinthon (Not sure what I was going for with this one)
Marvelle
New Cavaha (my New Leaf town was called Cavaha)
Thornton
Crumbleton
La Di Town

None of them are really speaking to me though...I kinda like Bumble Bay but the island isn't really a bay so I'm not sure about it.

I'm not going to name it this but I just realized today now that we have ten character names we could name our town "Smashville" now.

By the way, I just found this word generator if you need more inspiration for names: https://www.wordgenerator.net/random-word-generator.php

It seems to have a big dictionary of words, so you'll probably learn something as well.

Last edited:
As someone who's absolutely obsessed with lavender... I'm voting for Lavender. X'D
Have you considered merging the names of two words together to make a unique name? I'm no good with floral names, but I've been coming up with fruit/food related names like Berrybloom, Lunaberry, Mintea, etc.

Alternatively, you could always fall back on a different language! The Japanese Primrose is one of my favorite flowers, and it's called Sakurasou in Japanese. :)

I appreciate the help! Yes I've been trying to come up with something merged, but I don't seem to be very good at it lol.... It's so hard to come up with something creative that also flows nicely.... Oh wow that's beautiful thank you so much :))

Bahdako (BA-da-ko) - Village of swarms and bays. Images of dark secluded bays and bee swarms racing across the late afternoon twilight sky were gracing my mind. It may be hard to see, but it's a portmanteau of bay, dark, and cove, with the "h" there because I think "Bahdako" flows and looks better than "Baydaco" (which looks more draconian to me ... I'm weird! :p) of This name is a work in progress, though. It may end up sounding too exotic and not feminine enough by the time NH gets here.

Last edited:
Back