• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

what did you major in? :3

biibii

pudding dog.
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Switch
0713-6060-7729
Rainbow Star Fragment
Spring Sakura
Dreamy Easter Egg
Spring Sakura
Flower Glow Wand
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
Popsicle (TBT Beach Party)
Popsicle (TBT Beach Party)
im starting uni this fall with a major in political science and minor in english literature and language. i hope to attend law school. however, id love to know what others on this site work as / majored in! and if you didnt go to uni, why was it the best decision for you and how has your career developed since ? :D

When I came to college, I was undecided. I'm fairly analytical, but I can't do math to save my life, no matter how long I study + prep. I'm good at writing, but don't love creative stuff. Nowadays, I'm an English major with a concentration in writing, rhetoric, and publication + a CIS (computer information systems) minor. I'm hoping to be a technical writer one day! :) This thread is gonna be cool!

Animal crossing

Jokes aside, I went to uni for Graphics design, found out it were mostly about text formatting newspapers, catalogues and such, noped out after a year, and joined the workforce instead, making money, and enjoying work, could always go back to university since it's free here in Denmark, well actually you get paid for attending it, it's not much to live off of though, but enough to get by without a part time, but I don't have any dream careers or anything, would rather get richer through investments if I want more income, not that I need it.

Animal crossing

Jokes aside, I went to uni for Graphics design, found out it were mostly about text formatting newspapers, catalogues and such, noped out after a year, and joined the workforce instead, making money, and enjoying work, could always go back to university since it's free here in Denmark, well actually you get paid for attending it, it's not much to live off of though, but enough to get by without a part time, but I don't have any dream careers or anything, would rather get richer through investments if I want more income, not that I need it.
wow!! that is so impressive !! denmark seems so beautiful and cool :0 the work force is forever expanding !!

I got a BS in biology with a microbiology concentration and a minor in anthropology last year! I'm considering grad school maybe at some point but I don't think now is the time haha.

Is there any particular area of law you're interested in?

I came into uni as a chemical engineer, had a midlife crisis where I switched to Biochemistry momentarily, then I switched to double-majoring in Biochemistry and Chemical Engineering, decided that was gonna kill me if I continued on that track, so now I'm just graduating with a Chemical Engineering degree.

I'm undecided between food science (which is where I'm currently interning) and pharmaceutical for the final field I ultimately want to work in though. xD

I’m In college and still undecided on what I want to do, but I do have a 3.7 gpa right now, so that’s something at least.

I got a BS in biology with a microbiology concentration and a minor in anthropology last year! I'm considering grad school maybe at some point but I don't think now is the time haha.

Is there any particular area of law you're interested in?

im torn between going into politics or doing family law! polar opposites lol. its okay to take breaks!! school is hard lol

I’m going into undergrad at a private school in Texas and plan on majoring in data science with a minor in music composition. How far I’ll get is still up in the air lmao

I just finished up my freshman year of college a few weeks ago! I am majoring in computer science. I hope to one day become a programmer or software developer for Google or Nintendo :) Best wishes on your path, you'll do great! ❤

• Love
Reactions: Fye
a year away from getting my undergrad degree in aerospace engineering, i wanted to minor in AI but it was too late by the time my uni provided the course as i am also interested in electrical/computer fields

my longterm job would be a college professor as i enjoy teaching and research work, i would like to continue with my masters most probably in electrical engineering or aero-/fluid dynamics still haven't decided and then ofc phd so i can continue in my academia path

wishing us all luck! the road to knowledge does not end with a degree ♡

congrats, that's so exciting! I hope COVID settles down before then so that you can start your new school year on time!

I majored in general Biology and didn't care for it too much and just needed a major that would get me into medschool. But I minored in Japanese language and loved it! Uni is great and I'm sure you'll love it 😊

I majored in middle school education, aka the age group nobody wants to teach lol. But somebody has to do it, and that’s my favorite age group to work with! I know middle school can be a bad experience for some kids so I want to make that experience a little better for them. I never got my teaching certificate (YIKES college is expensive) so currently all I can do is substitute teach, but I hope sometime in the next few years I can go back to college and get a teaching certificate so I can have my own classroom :)

I didn't have a major as such, but I do have a bachelor of science for Nursing. It took three years to complete and it was worth every effort I put in. Nursing has its ups and downs, especially in this current climate. I love it though, don't think I can give up the career anytime soon.

Good luck with your future endeavours!

I'm majoring in biology and doing a minor in anthropology! I only need to take a couple more classes/labs to get my degree, but I'm thinking about staying in school a little while longer so I can finish with another degree in environmental science with a concentration in ecological restoration. I'm mostly interested in zoology and I'd love to be able to do conservation work or research.

Best of luck with everything :)

I majored in middle school education, aka the age group nobody wants to teach lol. But somebody has to do it, and that’s my favorite age group to work with! I know middle school can be a bad experience for some kids so I want to make that experience a little better for them. I never got my teaching certificate (YIKES college is expensive) so currently all I can do is substitute teach, but I hope sometime in the next few years I can go back to college and get a teaching certificate so I can have my own classroom :)
thats awesome! i had an art teacher that believed in the same thing (helping kids going through rough times) and hes the best teacher ive ever had. kind man, i hope you can help others as he did with us!

I'm graduating this year with a BS in planetary science and a minor in political science :) two completely unrelated fields for the most part (unless in the future I go into economic space geology, aka mining asteroids, which.... I would definitely never do bahaha). I plan on going to graduate school to get a PhD in planetary science!

i just graduated with a b.a. in english literature! i originally started as a political science major hoping for law school, haha. but i found i had a better time with the english department and i enjoyed those courses more.

the future is still up in the air for me. one day, i'll get my masters in english. but i need some time away from academia for a bit.

currently going into my undergraduate junior year in uni with a major in computer science and applied mathematics!

Back