• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

What do you play Animal Crossing for?

Curious question - what is it about Animal Crossing that makes you want to keep playing it? Is there any one particular aspect of the franchise that makes it perfect for you?

For me i feel a sense of responsibility to keep my town looking nice and in order. I love the relationships i have with my villagers, i know they're programmed to be my friend but it doesn't mean i don't enjoy the company. I am a particularly lonely person, so animal crossing is perfect for a person like me. I get so much from these games.

What about you, what makes you keep playing?

I'm a completionist, so the museum is the most appealing part to me. Seeing the exhibitions grow over time feels really rewarding. It is also great to play a relaxing game with a few friends.
The progression in real-time also makes Animal Crossing really stand out from other games. It is nice to see the seasons change and participate in holidays and special events. It keeps you from rushing through the game in a week, unless you TT of course.

i know it sounds really edgy, but i dont really fit in much with the rest of society and since I rarely go outside along with only getting to see my friends/my girlfriend during school i feel heavily lonely. as well as my school not being the nicest place, a lot of people have teased me about being airheaded and having my own little world- secluded from everyone else, and now I actually do !! ♡♡

my aunt lent me her new leaf cartridge when i first got a 3ds and i didn't use it much (i had a casual town before I reset and got the one i have now) since she also got me a ton of other games, but when I started to play it more often i fell inlove.

animal crossing has helped me in a lot of ways, and im extremely glad i found it.

I play Animal Crossing because of all the customization options, as I love to dress up and now my character can too! I also adore all the villagers in the game and have many favorites. I'm literally addicted to this game and always have been since Wild World days. Plus, this game is the most friendly and relaxing game I've ever played and has always been something special to me since I was a little girl. I thank my old best friend for getting me into it and I hope to keep playing it everyday for now on.

ive always loved the idea of it in general, walking around and befriending animals, catching bugs and fish, decorating your house, etc etc. not only that but it helps me distract myself from life's stresses and such. i have depression and anxiety so it really helps with distracting me and making me feel better as well

i play mostly because i feel like i dont have to rish, like i can take my time playing the game and actually enjoy what i do with my time. i also like decorating and being able to earn money far faster than irl.

I like to decorate my town mostly, but it's also very calming to play and stress-free and I like that.

well one thing I'm going to be active on ACNL again when I begin to start my 3rd town and also these days with my old towns, I just check on to see if they're any villagers moving out so I can stop them.

It's a really relaxing and repetitive game I play when I'm stressed (all the time).

To kill my time (if it's 8 AM, I do not play because I hate the music for it in ACNL) and to monitor my town for perfect town rating and moving villagers. Normally, I play everyday, but on certain occasions like Halloween or Bug-Off, I do not play because of the challenges and trials there. It is a stress reliever, to remove all of the blues I always have.

Animal Crossing is my stress relief. It's like I get to exist in my ideal world when I'm playing. Between the customization, home decorating, town building, museum and badge collecting, there's always something to keep me occupied. But what I love most is just spending time with my furry (or feathered) neighbors.

I like collecting things! I've always been a perfectionist so finding everything the game has to offer (fossils, bugs, fish, badges etc) is very satisfying for me. Also as someone who struggles with anxiety and depression I just find it soothing to play. I spend a lot of time listening to the music or the ocean, especially at night. :blush:

Back