• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

What do you want in the next mainline AC game?

Ossiran

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Switch
5711-6773-4411
Isabelle
New Leaf Token
Fortune Cookie
Night Sky Scenery
Lobo
Camp Bell Tree 2023 Patch
Christmas Candy
Jingloid
Tin Robot
Camp Bell Tree 2021 Patch
So I'm sure New Horizons will get an update eventually, but I'm curious to know what it is everyone wants in the next Animal Crossing game, whenever it happens.

Personally, I want something closer to the original, but in the style of Mario Kart 8 tracks. A 3D Animal Crossing like that feels like the next evolution.

My Ideas:
-Keep the progression of characters, like Isabelle, Timmy and Tommy taking over the shop, Flick and CJ, etc., but give cameos to the old characters too. Maybe have Chip show up at one of the tournaments, Joan accompany or replace Daisy Mae every now and then, Tortimer show up at the Town Hall once in a while (if not on his island), etc. And give Redd an apprentice!
-Bring back the observatory. I don't care if they put more restrictions on it or make a new activity like finding real constellations in the night sky, but do something. In a 3D space, that could be amazing.
-Keep all the major holidays and bring back mini ones like the Sports Festival and Morning Aerobics.
-Get rid of Island Planner. I know a lot of people would hate this, but it honestly causes too much stress and is too powerful. Keep the pathing tool, as well as the ability to make ramps and bridges, but terraforming as a whole should go.
-Keep the ability to put furniture outside.
-Keep the ability to choose where housing can go. I'm fine if it's something that the player has to unlock.
-Add nocturnal villagers, like bats. These can be villager who will usually go sleep early in the morning, and then be awake all night.
-Make crafting a lot more limited. Keep it for tools (if the user doesn't want to buy any) and specific themes/items and customizing furniture/items.
-Night Life stores/attractions. Like a night club or karaoke bar, or a convenience store outside of the main shop. Just something that feels lively.
-More chances to interact with NPCs outside of work hours. Like maybe very occasionally have one of the Nooklings, Tom, or one of the Ables walking around outside after their store closes.
-For the 3D space, add OK Motors. Allow the player to rent a moped that they can use for X amount of time to get around the village faster. If they rent it enough times, offer them the chance to buy one for a high price. The player can then buy gas from OK Motors after X amount of time, but it'll be on occasion and cheaper than to keep renting in the long one. Plus, buying would allow you to use it when visiting others online.

Last edited:
Everything new horizons gave to stay.
So terraforming, crafting, placing buildings, villagers don't move out randomly and can't move in to random spots.

I want more things to do with friends.
So bring back mini games and maybe more that I can't think of right now.

I'd like to see more personality types so that you can have greater variety.

Being able to move the town hall/resident services/ whatever its called next time
Being able to chose the colour of your train station/ airport/ whatever it is next time.
Being able to chose your native fruit. Or having no native fruit at all.

More items to craft, but make it so you can't get duplicate DIYs until you have them all.
Crafting is one of the best things to ever happen to the series. It gives more activities to do and makes playing any time day or night worth it. So give us more more more.

Full control over what villagers wear and display in their house. But they can only add what is gifted to them.
That way deliveries will never ruin a villager and if you make a mistake, or stupid video game AI decides the middle of the room is a great place to put a shirt, you can fix it.

Don't bring back luck as it was awful, but add in more randomness to the days. Mini events and stuff. Maybe changes for better fish or bugs on some days. Sales at the shop on other days. Things like that. Makes it worth playing every day.

Let us play games with our villagers. I love interacting with them so I'd like to do more of it.

Flesh the characters out a bit more.

Even if it's just the NPC's, it would be fun to slowly discover their backstories. I know the Able sisters one is in NH, but in NL there was the whole Sable/Tom Nook story that Lloyd would occasionally talk about, Harvey seemingly had a bit of a crush on Harriet and Pete had a thing for Phyllis. Stuff like that would be nice to have scattered around with the NPC's, though I would also like some villagers to have this sort of thing - for example Chrissy and Francine could talk about each other and acknowledge they're sisters and the female kangaroos could interact with/name/ACKNOWLEDGE their babies.

I would like to see villagers interact with each other a bit more too, like building friendships with each other, maybe leading to crushes/best friends etc. Doesn't have to be too heavy as not everyone would enjoy it and people like to create their own stories, so it would have to be quite subtle I guess.

At this point, I just really want a City Folk remake. Or any game with Gracie in it. I miss Gracie.
I liked the Gracie Series and the furniture you could buy at her store. I honestly miss the mall. I liked having a place away from your town you could go, and having your previous villagers walking around was a nice touch.

Back