• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

What game, TV show, brand, etc. impacted your childhood?

cornimer

grab acorns 'til you're delirious
Bells
Sautéed Mushrooms
Spores
Island
Crayola
Pink Balloon
Green Balloon
Magenta Pinwheel
Rainbow Balloon
Pink Balloon
Space Whale Plush
Splat Easter Egg
Green Fair Pinwheel
Kaleidoclover
Flower Glow Wand
What's a video game, TV show, toy, brand, etc. from your childhood that's really memorable/influenced you a lot?

I can think of several, but a huge one for me was Build-a-Bear. It started when my Grandma took me and my cousin to our local store for the first time, and it was the most magical experience ever for me. After that, I was obsessed - I played the online flash games a gazillion times, I had Build-a-Bear stickers and posters on my walls, I had a Build-a-Bear book (which I still have lol), etc. Then when buildabearville.com / bearville.com became a thing, I played it pretty much from opening day to closing day. I still have all the songs & soundbites from both buildabearville.com and the flash games deeply engrained in my memory 🥲

Around 2015, the brand identity really changed and I'm not a fan. But when I come across things with the old-school branding, it still gives me immense joy :')

I'd have to say Animal Crossing, which is fitting for the kind of forum we're on. I played Animal Crossing a ton when I was in school. I didn't have many friends, so the villagers were my main source of happiness. It was nice knowing I had someone to talk to, even if they were just pixels on a screen.

I became a little older and joined my very first online forum. It no longer exists, but that forum had a big impact on me. It had an advice section and you could post anonymously, seeking unbiased advice from strangers. I posted in that section more than I care to admit, but I was offered some pretty good advice by forum members.

As an adult, I'm still influenced a lot by good shows. I think you can still be impacted by a brand regardless of age.

The original Powerpuff Girls cartoon and the Pokemon: Indigo League anime were basically my entire childhood.. all I ever drew were pokemon and apparently PPG OCs lmao

Probably Wii Sports, Wii Sports Resort, and Wii Fit Plus. I was obsessed with miis for years and even recreated my miis with construction paper. My family and I would make up stories about them.

Back