• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

What happened to our characters?

Tall characters are waaaay better than the old ones, specially in fashion side

Maybe I'm losing my mind. I remember a trailer showing a really tall, thin girl, light blond ponytail, wearing a light pink dress. At one point, she jumps into the ocean in her dress. Can't find it now, cause like a moron, I forgot that when I traded my 3DS for an Class, it wiped out most of my stuff. I watched a video of someone from Japan playing, and his character looked like the old one. Maybe it was the clothes he was wearing. I remember in the first video I saw, you could see the characters neck. In some of the clothing, you can't.

I think the AC team secretly hates Animal Crossing since they keep screwing up little things. I'm pretty annoyed that each sequel we get new features, but they take away more and more. I can't believe i didn't notice the trees D: freakin A

At least they are still taller though

Guys......they're just trees....................not to mention you'll probbly like them better when you put 3d on.

Last edited:
... Are we really that upset about trees? I mean, I preferred the other ones, but c'mon, they're just trees. If you didn't notice that hey were different in the first place, then it probably isn't a big enough deal for you to get worked up about.

I'm not upset about them, I simply prefer the old flowers. I still think the game looks incredible....

I'm not upset about the old trees either. I just think they were more realistic and proper when compared to the new, taller characters. I just prefer them over the new ones.

Also "when you put 3D on"? I don't like the 3D effects so I probably won't be turning it on at all except to see how things look in 3D for all of five seconds.

I remember when I saw the taller characters for the first time. I was soooooo excited because I'd always thought the chibi tiny characteres were bizarre and really weird. I'm so happy all the characters got a height alteration! I love how the villagers all different heights now too!

I honestly think it will take some getting used to for people. I really like the new look but it grew on me by watching LinandKo and Josh from BitBlock.

I honestly never noticed the changes in the trees. Characters, definitely. But do I care much now? Not really, everything is commonplace to me now and I like it.

Uhm no. I'm not 'crazy'.

My eyes aren't so good with 3D. If I look at it for too long I get pretty bad headaches and eye aches too. |: And it doesn't make me special either. I know I'm not the only one who doesn't use 3D.

There IS a reason you can turn the 3D off.

Uhm no. I'm not 'crazy'.

My eyes aren't so good with 3D. If I look at it for too long I get pretty bad headaches and eye aches too. |: And it doesn't make me special either. I know I'm not the only one who doesn't use 3D.

There IS a reason you can turn the 3D off.

I twas just joking around, calm down

I don't like the 3D in a lot of the games either. It depends on the game for how long I can handle the 3D before my eyes start hurting.

Luigi's Mansion I played through the whole thing in 3D without any problems.
OoT 3DS I couldn't stand. Probably could only handle 5-10 minutes of 3D.

It's good that the 3D is optional. It's neat, it really is. But a gimmick is still a gimmick. =p

well luckily, I haven't had that problem since my first month of owning my 3ds (except on rare occasions, when i'm really tired), so i'm able to play pretty much anything in 3d

Back