• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

What is your dream job?

Composing music for video games. Maybe even for movies. I feel like composing music for movies would probably be much more difficult, though, since I'd have to try to make something revolving around scenes. The music would be electronic, so I'm not sure how often I'd be able to find some kind of work in that field since I don't think many movies try to go a futuristic route.

I used to want to be a historian that worked on the Civil War battlefields, but from talking to some people that work at museums, you have to be pretty well known as a historian before doing that and most historians are professors and teaching is way out of my comfort zone. I have been having issues concentrating due to anxiety and other issues so seeing how hard of time I had finishing my bachelor’s degree (couldn’t pass last two courses), I don’t think I’ll be going this route.

The most viable & appealing route for me right now is voice acting, though the problem here is i haven’t taken acting classes and VA classes cost thousands of dollars, you need to be able to come up with ideas on the spot and i have asperger’s and a slow thought process, I’m still dependent on my parents and scared to drive or live on my own, and voice acting doesn’t make a consistent paycheck.

I used to want to be a historian that worked on the Civil War battlefields, but from talking to some people that work at museums, you have to be pretty well known as a historian before doing that and most historians are professors and teaching is way out of my comfort zone. I have been having issues concentrating due to anxiety and other issues so seeing how hard of time I had finishing my bachelor’s degree (couldn’t pass last two courses), I don’t think I’ll be going this route.

The most viable & appealing route for me right now is voice acting, though the problem here is i haven’t taken acting classes and VA classes cost thousands of dollars, you need to be able to come up with ideas on the spot and i have asperger’s and a slow thought process, I’m still dependent on my parents and scared to drive or live on my own, and voice acting doesn’t make a consistent paycheck.

I knew a guy who voice acted as a hobby. Maybe hobby isn't the correct word, but he wanted to do voice acting as a profession, and I thought he did pretty good, but he was very hard on himself. I don't know what happened to him, though. We ended up losing contact. Anyway, I'd just save up my money if you're still living with your parents. Nothing wrong with that. If you're financially stable, then living on your own isn't so bad, but I can relate. I feared the thought myself at one point, but I think you'll be OK. As for driving, if you can get some lessons from family or friends, I'd say go for it. Or if you live in an area where you can use the bus or walk places, then that can also work. I think once you get the hang of driving, it won't be as scary as you might think.

I knew a guy who voice acted as a hobby. Maybe hobby isn't the correct word, but he wanted to do voice acting as a profession, and I thought he did pretty good, but he was very hard on himself. I don't know what happened to him, though. We ended up losing contact. Anyway, I'd just save up my money if you're still living with your parents. Nothing wrong with that. If you're financially stable, then living on your own isn't so bad, but I can relate. I feared the thought myself at one point, but I think you'll be OK. As for driving, if you can get some lessons from family or friends, I'd say go for it. Or if you live in an area where you can use the bus or walk places, then that can also work. I think once you get the hang of driving, it won't be as scary as you might think.

Thanks for the advice and kind words. ^.^ I appreciate it. I don’t have a job and can’t get hired by anyone atm, but yeah once I do get a job, I need to save and pay of student loans before I can think of investing in anything else. I’ve driven before but got in a couple of accidents that shook my confidence. i’ve driven since then and was fine but am still intimidated (that and getting lost).

Thanks for the advice and kind words. ^.^ I appreciate it. I don’t have a job and can’t get hired by anyone atm, but yeah once I do get a job, I need to save and pay of student loans before I can think of investing in anything else. I’ve driven before but got in a couple of accidents that shook my confidence. i’ve driven since then and was fine but am still intimidated (that and getting lost).
You're welcome. Sucks you can't get hired at the moment. I won't pry as to why, but hopefully soon you'll be able to. I hope you'll regain confidence in driving, too. I think the best thing if possible is to get familiar with certain locations throughout town if you have that option. As a kid, I've always wondered how people remembered where to go, but it all comes down to familiarizing yourself with places. I've lived in Fresno all my life, but there's still some areas I don't recognize or know how to actually get to. But I believe in you.

I guess I’m in my dream job as a biologist! I originally wanted to be a marine biologist to study jellyfishes & nudibranchs (if you see my username you can see I like jellyfish haha) but I get extremely extremely boat sick so I switched over to microbiology! I love studying bacteria but there are aspects of science that does suck at times hahaha

I have a few dream jobs.
-Working as a lead actor for a Disney channel show and just being an actor in general
-Writing music and performing with it, or being in a band with my close friends as either the guitarist or keyboardist.

I have several actually!

currently. I’m working to become a computer scientist which is great and all, but my dream jobs are generally much more adventurous and more risky imo.

1) An artist or a graphics designer - This isn’t too impossible as I can always do art in my free time.

2) A museum worker/curator (specifically an art one) - The idea of working in an art museum just interests me a lot. I always loved going to museums as a kid and I still do to this day.

3) A librarian - Every single librarian I know was super chill and laid back and the idea of working with books all day in a quiet area is *wonderful* although I know I’m probably romanticizing it lol.

4) An indie video game developer - I actually thought about developing a video game series similar to the Touhou Project like ZUN that’s a series of colorful bullet shooter. ZUN has been a big inspiration of mine growing up, and I’m also aware hes sorta an inspiration for Toby Fox as well if I recall correctly.

I always thought I wanted to write mystery novels. I did try a few short stories, but if I created a good mystery plot I had trouble finding a workable solution. Likewise if I knew how I wanted it to wrap up, it was hard coming up with clues leading up to it that weren't either too obvious or not obvious enough. I finally came to the conclusion that I'd much rather read someone else's work so I could enjoy trying to solve it myself.
So I went the next best thing for me, which was to be a librarian and work around books all day long. You don't actually have time to read on the job in a library, but you do get first crack at the new books when they're released, so I think I ended up with my dream job after all!

Something that I’m good or above average at... I feel like there’s nothing that I’m particularly good at 😭

I really enjoy cutting/dyeing hair and nails aesthetics so maybe a hairdresser or nail aesthetician minus dealing with rude customers

I did want to study it, but my parents told me I had to go to university and get a degree then I can do whatever job I want lol

So maybe I’ll do that if I ever wanted a career change.

I think I’d also like to eventually work with marginalized populations like new immigrants, homeless, etc after i get more experience ^^

I want to become a translator/localizer for video games, anime, manga, and books! The idea of bringing foreign art to an English-speaking audience gives me so much joy. If only the pay was better...

If that career path doesn’t go anywhere I’ll probably become a sociologist.

I've always wanted to help people. I've wanted to save lives... but I know I couldn't handle being an EMT. I'd love to be a nurse. Maybe in an emergency room or something. I know I'd witness about the same as an EMT, but... I'm not sure. I have experience working with the elderly as well, and I've always found that so fun to do. I get along great with the elderly, they love me, lol. But... I'm not sure what type of nurse I'd like to be yet, all I know is that I definitely want to do something in nursing. Helping people is my purpose here on earth, I think.

If I didn't have to worry about pay, I'd love to be a travel writer! I remember reading a Fodor's travel guide on Disneyland as a kid, and thinking about what a wonderful job it must be like to test all the different restaurants and rides in the park. I love to travel, but travelling can be rather expensive. Being paid to see the world seems glorious. And, since I don't have to worry about pay, if I ever wanted to go home, I could simply forego pay and take long vacations to be with family, or transition to writing travel pieces about local destinations instead. I'd also pick all the destinations I went to, and bring my family and friends along with me... for an additional opinion for my writings, of course.

In real-life terms, I would love to become a lawyer. While it does require a good amount of schooling, the pay can be quite decent, and you're doing a job that is beneficial for the people for whom you work with. The legal system can be complex and tough to understand, and a lawyer serves as a point of contact with their client for the legal system, helping them to navigate what can be difficult and complex situations. Being that person, while I'm sure can be stressful at times, seems like it could also be particularly rewarding - depending on the kind of work one does, of course. I'm still unsure what branch of law I would like to pursue - first, I need to be accepted to law school before I can start really thinking about where I'd like to be.

My dream job is to manage my own bed and breakfast someday in a scenic location. Nothing too big. Something sufficient enough to support my family, if I decide to have kids in the future. I like having a peaceful life without much else just spending time with family and enjoying the little things in life. I'm only 25 this year, still got a long way to go before I reach this point in my life :LOL:

I'm currently an aspiring hotelier, the industry is going through a slump at the moment and my career has been postponed but I've gone back to school to get my master degree in international hospitality management (some argue that I'm limiting myself to one particular industry but imo being specialized is better than being generic, like an MBA, besides hospitality include a wide range of other sub-industries like airline, food and beverage, accommodation, events, tourism, etc.). You only have one life on this planet, do what you like, you don't know when your time will come, don't live off other people's expectations of what you can or cannot do :unsure:

my absolute dream job right now would be to play piano for a symphony orchestra. I love practicing piano pieces and playing and performing for people, and I've always thought that the idea of playing with an ensemble sounded really awesome. there are a few symphonies in my area, maybe somehow I can make ties with them.

besides that, I would really love to be either a librarian or a music/piano/history teacher. I work at a library right now as a shelver and though I don't work many hours it is a really nice job, especially for someone like me with ASD. and as for the teacher thing, I'm a piano performance major and history minor so that's where my passions are. specifically, regarding history, I'm interested in modern US history so that's probably what I would teach.

Right now I'm on a track to medicine, and the specialization I'm most interested in right now is neurology! (although my grades in neuro suck but whatever)
But what I'm actually excited to do after medicine is get into interior design! I've only thought about it thoroughly the past few years and the want to become an interior designer has really never left me. Animal Crossing (esp. HHD) has been a big influence in making me realize how much I love interior design. My mom and I both love interior design and sometimes we watch shows or videos of people commenting on house interiors and stuff like that. Seeing harmony inside the home inspires me a whole ton.

I'd also like to be a freelance artist on the sidelines! Taking on RLC commissions this year has been a big help in my improvement and confidence, and I'm glad to be able to earn a bit of money for myself to spend on things I need without having to bother my family. :)

Last edited:
Back