• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

What ordinance will your island be?

What will your island ordinance be?

• Beautiful Island Ordinance

Votes: 30 23.4%
  • Night Owl Ordinance

Votes: 49 38.3%
  • Early Bird Ordinance

Votes: 13 10.2%
  • Bell Boom Ordinance

Votes: 19 14.8%
  • I’m not sure yet. / I’m not getting the update.

Votes: 17 13.3%

• Total voters
If beautiful town gets rid of all the roaches (don't judge 😅) I think I will go with that.
It'd be great if it stopped weed growth and stopped random twigs from falling.

Exactly my thoughts on that. The description for the beautiful island ordinance is very vague and doesn’t really have anything significant. Villagers have varied activity anyway. It doesn’t make much sense.
Yeah I submitted too early and read your description, but like that still doesn't make sense because that's not really 'beautiful' and something that they already do. It's going to be the most useless ordinance now.

I'll probably enact the Night Owl ordinance, but I am curious about what the Beautiful Island ordinance will do

I’ll be honest, the ordinances now seem very vague. I already touched on the beautiful island ordinance… That one has nothing to do with beautiful. The early bird and night owl ordinances respectively, only affect the villagers’ activity. I remember when they used to affect the hours of the shops. These descriptions seem very vague to me and I feel like we don’t know everything yet. We might have more details on these ordinances coming, and if not, we’ll, these don’t really change much. I didn’t mention the bell boom ordinance, because unlike the other three, this one actually does something meaningful. I still like the night owl ordinance. I just think we aren’t getting the full story. These seem just too plain right now…

Oh wow @Croconaw You're right. Now that I remember the direct. Was kind of half paying attention, it only showed the villagers getting up early or late. I want Nook and Ables opened longer. Hopefully they just didn't delve too far and it does stuff they didn't explain. Otherwise these are all useless except bell boom.

I’m probably gonna do bell boom at first so I can earn a little more bells to pay off some stuff, unless I decide to buy some here on tbt. After that it will probably be either early bird, night owl or beautiful town ordinance. Not sure which though.

I’ll probably use the Night Owl one, I generally play the game later in the day and often the shops are closed when I’m fishing, but catching, etc so this would come in very handy to sell my catches at the usual price rather then holding onto them or putting them in the drop off box.

In NL I use the Beautiful Town one but I’m not fully sure on how useful it is in NH so will wait to find out the exact benefits from it and how it helps before deciding whether to swap to that one or not.

I think I'll go with the Night Owl, but if the Beautiful Island "freezes" the weeds then I'll think about it. I like placing small weeds around, but the fact that they keep growing prevents me from doing so.

Night Owl! I'll stop TTing for a while when the next update comes out, so I'll need that one back in play. It's the one I use the most in NL, at least until I 'completed' the game and switched to Beautiful Town.

Like loads of you, I'd like to know what effect the Beautiful ordinance will have.

Err, I'm confused by the poll. Are some people really not going to update their game? Because I thought the ordinances were part of the update, not the DLC, and that'd be weird to just not update, lol.

Anyway, I'll probably do the night owl one. I usually did the beautiful town one in ACNL, but it doesn't make much sense in this game (to me, at least) since weeds are actually rather useful and flowers are super hearty (and also spread worse than weeds). The bell boom is also a possibility, though, I guess. But early bird would be utterly pointless to me, since I generally sleep to noon if I'm not working 😅

I mostly play early in the morning before work so the Early Bird Ordinance is going to be very handy since normally the only ones awake are my two Normals, Poppy and Maple, and my Jock, Bam. Sometimes a fourth will be awake too, but I'd like if everyone (or at least mostly everyone) was up. It would be great if this effected the shops as well! I just hope this doesn't mean things close earlier and villagers go to bed earlier.

Not entirely sure, but I'm leaning more toward Early Bird or Night Owl, since first thing in the morning and late at night are when I play the most haha.

in NL I always had the beautiful town ordinance to prevent my flowers from wilting, but obviously that's not really a problem any more. now that i'm at uni i tend to only have time to play later at night, so if the ordinance affects the opening time of shops like it has previously, i'll probably consider the night owl ordinance since it'd be nice to actually be able to do more than just a bit of decorating when i get into the bulk of my playing. however if that only affects villager activity, i'll probably go for bell boom since that makes the most sense in terms of a gameplay perk

Err, I'm confused by the poll. Are some people really not going to update their game? Because I thought the ordinances were part of the update, not the DLC, and that'd be weird to just not update, lol.

Anyway, I'll probably do the night owl one. I usually did the beautiful town one in ACNL, but it doesn't make much sense in this game (to me, at least) since weeds are actually rather useful and flowers are super hearty (and also spread worse than weeds). The bell boom is also a possibility, though, I guess. But early bird would be utterly pointless to me, since I generally sleep to noon if I'm not working 😅
I voted there. OP lumped two options together. Mine is that I am on the fence which ordinance I want until we know more. Because if the hourly ordinances only impact villager sleep schedules, that's really not useful to me. And beautiful was great in NL because you didn't need to water flowers for them to not wilt, but they never die or get trampled to death or anything. So what is the point of it?

I'm not sure which one I'll get yet. In New Leaf I used the Night Owl ordinance, but since we don't fully know what each ordinance does yet, I'll wait until we have that information before deciding.

I voted there. OP lumped two options together. Mine is that I am on the fence which ordinance I want until we know more. Because if the hourly ordinances only impact villager sleep schedules, that's really not useful to me. And beautiful was great in NL because you didn't need to water flowers for them to not wilt, but they never die or get trampled to death or anything. So what is the point of it?
Oh, I know they lumped two together, I was just wondering if a lot of people were planning not to update because... again, I'm just confused by the idea.

And I figured the hourly ones would impact shops as well, like they did in ACNL (which would be helpful to me, I often play late at night, and it'd be nice if I didn't have to TT to sell items then). But if not, than that'd be rather lame.

I do think they might change the beautiful one, though, since the main draws are no longer applicable. Maybe you'll have a higher chance of breeding rare flowers? Maybe exotic flowers will occasionally spawn? Heck, maybe they'll have a bonus that relates to the new plants somehow. But I agree- if they don't change it, I don't really see any point in it. I only ever used it because I didn't want my flowers to die.

i’m honestly not sure yet, but if the beautiful island ordinance will still prevent weeds from growing, i may go with that one so that i don’t have to search for my daily weeds anymore/pluck a bunch of weeds after i tt a villager out. if not, i may try out all of them for a while to see which one i like best. :’)

I'm also really curious what the beautiful ordinance does. But most likely I will use night owl. I mostly play video games at night. I have problems with feeling like the stores close too early. 9pm for Able Sisters is REALLY early IMO. 10pm for Nook's Cranny is less annoying, but I still would rather it be open later. It wouldn't even have to be extended too much for my tastes. Midnight for all stores is what would be ideal for me.

I'll probably go with the night owl one because I play later in the evening and all the stores are already closed when I boot up my switch. We will have to wait and see exactly what each ordinance does though.

Back