• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

What sacrifices did you have to make?

LilyElizabeth

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Small Mailbox
I'm not sure if there has been a thread on this yet so delete this if there is! I just thought it would be interesting to see what sacrifices people had to make when choosing their town map?

For instance, did you have to sacrifice having triangles because you loved the river layout? Or put up with a disliked fruit because the plaza is exactly where you wanted it? Stuff like that.

Well, I usually judge my layouts if they have straight rivers, 1-2 ponds most, villagers aren't cluttered and the other buildings are at least far away from each other.
I remember sacrificing one town with what I really wanted but...the villager houses just ruined it lol.

Well, I usually judge my layouts if they have straight rivers, 1-2 ponds most, villagers aren't cluttered and the other buildings are at least far away from each other.
I remember sacrificing one town with what I really wanted but...the villager houses just ruined it lol.

Villager houses can really get in the way - I have ended up with three villagers lined up horizontally so you have to squeeze between the houses to get past because they take up all the land!

I ended up having a more narrow area than I would've liked for the path I was planning from my house so I had to make it smaller (I could at least still fit my fountain) plus had the beach on the opposite side than I would've liked (And I really wanted a downward waterfall).

After resetting for over 3 hours to try and get exactly what I wanted, I decided I'd just try and get one that would allow me to place my house and at least the fountain I wanted along with Re-Tail, the Plaza, and Town Hall in the upper half (with the Plaza towards the center). I ended up getting the fruit and grass type I wanted so that was at least a nice bonus despite me giving up.

Edit: As a final one, Cookie is one of my dream villagers, but she picked just an...awful house spot and I'll probably never get over it. I don't want to move her out just to try to get her back in though.

Touko - Villagers can always move though XD

Last edited:
I don't really remember what my first town map looked like (been over 3 months). But I've only reset once (June 9th) because I had pears as the native fruit and I had pears in WW and didn't want them again. Would have liked apples, but getting oranges was OK. I just wanted to make sure that there wasn't a private beach and that the ocean waterfall was facing south not east or west.

Nothing. o-o My map is perfect in my eyes. Has every criteria I was hoping for.

Last edited:
I sacrificed pretty much everything else because I loved my starting villagers and the waterfall at the bottom of my town, where I built my house.

My villager's houses were (and still are) all clustered together on one part of the map. Re-Tail is also slightly annoying to get to from the beach. I've no major complaints though!

Triangles? Triangle grass doesn't give star snow so nope lol I got my circles I wanted, great layout, and favorite color of train station c:

I've got two towns (digital and cartridge) and the first one I'm not a huge fan of the town fruit (apples). I would also prefer Re-tail to be placed slightly differently, but as a whole I really like the layout. Some villagers have also placed houses in very annoying places (Jambette, why you build house exactly where I want to put bridge!?), but villagers can be changed. :p My alt town has an extremely different layout but I reset that place probably 25 times and am overall super happy with it! I wish the plaza was slightly less in the middle of nowhere but I've no other real complaints with that map. :D

I didn't really care xD I just went for my second map 'cos I did xD And I'm perfectly happy with it :D

I always stick with the first map I get, no matter what. No wait, I lied, I cannot tolerate a map with peaches, uggghh peaches!

My town is set up so SIX villagers are all clustered in the same spot. >:C Poor Gala lives far away from all the houses so I always send her letters and visit her. :D

My train station and town hall colors were both my least favorite, but I've learned to live with them. Pretty much everything else was to my liking, thankfully. :)

I restarted to this town because I was SO BORED of my first layout, even though I'd done a fair amount. The river was basically straight across and there were a lot of rocks, everything was placed weirdly and it was just so boring, I can't put my finger on why I didn't like it really. I did a lot of resetting to get a town which I loved, and so far I don't think there's anything I dislike about it. I tried to choose something with a more complex shaped river for some reason, and it just feels like there's so much more room than in my previous one. I suppose something I sacrificed might be the position of the town hall, but I love the blue outline and desks so I can live with that. I don't time travel but I do reset, not for villagers but for house placements, I've made a little island for villager houses ^^

i didnt feel like cycling through 16 villagers for rolf so i just fixed my path r.i.p

One sacrifice I made was settled for a map with a pond right outside my trainstation, so I could have an adjoined beach. I also gave up the spot Iwanted to put my house in, so I could put my campsite there.

Not much sacrifices. It's all about taking what you get and making it into a cool town, you don't need to reset over small details.

Back