Did/Do you go to a big high school?

Croconaw

アリゲイツ
Team 3
Bells
Arcade Tokens
What I mean is, did/does your graduating class have a lot of people?

My graduating class only had 88 people in it if I recall, but it was definitely less than 90. My high school was very small. Pretty much everybody knew everybody.

Also, did you like going to a big school, or would you rather have went to a smaller school? I personally liked the smaller school. A big school would’ve been too much for me at the time.

I was all over the place. Spent lots of my day on the bus.

My main academic school had only 200 students. It was for at risk youth. Kids who weren't 'bad', but specifically selected and observed by the school system as potentially failing or going down a troubled path. Usually due to outside circumstances.

I also had my main highschool which was traditional and had over 1,000+ students. This created a conflict. They didn't like us. I was secretive about being from that smaller school. Kids tend to not like people who are different. We were warned by our teachers about potential problems that could occur.

I was also attending a separate trade school for human services. It got me tons of credits and let me explore life outside of school, since they let us work in the community.

I graduated and walked the stage 3 times. At all of my schools.

nope, my graduating class had 63 people in it. farmboy school haha 😂 even in college I only graduated with maybe 400-something people I think?

back then I probably would've preferred a smaller school, but nowadays I don't mind as long as I can keep in close contact with my teachers/professors.

My high school has about 2,500 students, so that's pretty big, and I don't like it. It's real noisy and I've gotten overwhelmed many times. Plus, It can be hard for me to find a good quiet space during break and lunch because there's always a chance that someone else would come near my spot and I either have to get out or stay and cope. With this many people, it's hard for me to find anyone to make friends with. The only reason I'm there is because my siblings went to that school before me.

Edit: Oh, yeah! There's another question that was mentioned but I forgot to answer it...like ZeldaCrossing...whoops! I guess it's okay though. I'm only a sophomore so I don't know how big my graduating classes are.

Last edited:
My high school has about 2,500 students, so that's pretty big, and I don't like it. It's real noisy and I've gotten overwhelmed many times. Plus, It can be hard for me to find a good quiet space during break and lunch because there's always a chance that someone else would come near my spot and I either have to get out or stay and cope. With this many people, it's hard for me to find anyone to make friends with. The only reason I'm there is because my siblings went to that school before me.
I graduated back in 2016, but I used to always go to the library during lunch hours. I, too, had nobody to sit with and going to the library was my only shot at not making a fool of myself by sitting alone in a crowded cafeteria. Honestly, I preferred the library as it's normal to sit alone in there.

My sessions with the school therapist were on Tuesday and Thursday during lunch, as well. That resulted in only having to go to the library three times a week, making it just a little less awkward. I did go through the four years of high school without any friends. I wish that were an exaggeration, but it is not.

I graduated back in 2016, but I used to always go to the library during lunch hours. I, too, had nobody to sit with and going to the library was my only shot at not making a fool of myself by sitting alone in a crowded cafeteria. Honestly, I preferred the library as it's normal to sit alone in there.

My sessions with the school therapist were on Tuesday and Thursday during lunch, as well. That resulted in only having to go to the library three times a week, making it just a little less awkward. I did go through the four years of high school without any friends. I wish that were an exaggeration, but it is not.
I graduated back in May 2013 but by then I was an emotionless wreck since I had this mindset of "I'm glad this is over"

My high school was pretty large. I just looked it up and last year it had over 4000 students. I'm not sure how much it was back when I was there - it's been a while. lol. Either way, the campus was the size of a community college - many different buildings. They've gotten new buildings since I was there, like a brand new band building.

No, it was a small school of about 50-60 students and everyone knew each other and as a result, everyone was friends with everyone. :blush:

My high school only has about 600-700 students, so it's a pretty small school. For reference, some of my biggest classes have 30+ students, at most. It still feels crowded though, and I can never seem to find a quiet place without someone being there or passing by (or actually having a quiet class).

Edit: I just reread the OP and realized I completely missed the question. 😅 My teachers have said that the graduating classes here are less than 100 on average, but I'd have to wait till June to see how many people in my grade get their diploma.

Last edited:
My graduating class had 347 students (had to look that up 😂)
It was a pretty good sized HS overall I guess?

Yeah for Toronto standards it was fairly big and lot of people did graduated in my graduating year including myself obviously.

my graduating class had about 300+ people so i'd say pretty big. there was a point of time that my school refused to accept new students for the incoming schoolyear because there were about 290-300 students in every grade.

i didn't mind going to my big school but i wouldn't have minded going to a smaller one! totally would've made walking to my next class much more easier lmao

Actually I started in a small one and was forced to change to another where there was only one other person in my grade besides myself. I skipped a grade in high school after starting at the new place because I did the work and still only had one other person in my grade besides myself.

Yeah, it was big. There were positives and negatives, but the positives outweighed the negatives for me and I would not have liked a smaller one. My middle school was very small and I met a few nice people there, but other than that it was mostly the same people since kindergarten who I didn’t really click with so I was over the moon to meet so many new people. I hated how crowded the hallways got though, ugh.

I went between two high schools of with very different sizes. My first one was 500 students. Everyone knew of each other and it was easy to get placed with a lot of the same kids in multiple classes. Hallways were cramped and small which it made it feel like there were more kids there than there really were.

I transferred to a different high school at the start of my senior year and left after three days. It had 1000 students and it was too overwhelming for me in the same way big cities are. The hallways were much wider to accommodate the larger student body, but I still felt trapped among too many kids.

Back