• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

What series are you currently watching?

I’m halfway through season 2 of “Human Resources”. It’s dumb and crude and I hate that I like it, but there are some funny moments thrown in. Shows like that are good for shutting your brain off to as well.

Currently watching the new Black Mirror episodes. The first one is sooo good.

I did not see the twist of it already being the first level of the TV show coming. But Black Mirror sure loves this type of infinite loop. This episode must have been a lot of fun for the actors.

watching friends (on season 4 now)
also power rangers samurai via youtube!! i used to watch the specific series when i was like 7/8 on nickelodeon and it's literally the vibes. i genuinely really want a t-shirt with them on

Continued Black Mirror, need to write down my thoughts.

Interesting concept, but the pacing really ruined it. We do not need a 40 minute murder mystery to get to the point that real trauma is exploited and that the guy lost his entire family and girlfriend for a true crime documentary. Only the last 5 minutes were interesting, the last 5 minutes were Black Mirror before that it was just a british crime show. I don't want to hate an episode based on the notion of "not being Black Mirror enough", but this one really dropped the ball. The crime was not interesting enough, there were no characters to be red herrings. The interesting part is exploiting death for a documentary and there was just no payoff to that concept. It was literally a crime show that had 5 minutes of Black Mirror added towards the end. The crime itself had no Black Mirror aspect whatsoever. And there wasn't even any sort of sadly-no-longer-futuristic technology. Just some dude making a documentary about his hometown serial killer and discovering his parents were his accomplices. Oh and he won a BAFTA and was sad. But yay, tourism. Literally the last 5 minutes of the episode, all of that.

Recently finished Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul. Both are phenomenal series, especially Breaking Bad. I’m currently about 2/3 of the way through Narco, and so far it’s pretty good! I enjoy how it depicts the actual story of the Columbian drug cartels.

I started watching some of the Hamtaro dubbed episodes!
A friend of mine may or may not have gotten me into the anime...

Done with Black Mirror, guess I can post the rest of my thoughts.

Pretty predictable, but I like it because it has an interesting premise / bit of technology. Aaron Paul was great.
What a ****show. Really? The twist is werewolves? There's so many things you could have done with the premise.
I should hate it because it's another supernatural episode, but it felt too much like Bandersnatch and that's alright. Good twist on the regular "person goes insane imagining a demon justifying their murderers", because this episode had no twist and it just was what it was. Here's how to prevent the apocalypse. Oh, you failed? Here's the apocalypse then. But yeah, I really enjoyed the relationship between the demon and the main character, lots of fun so it's nice for them to choose each other. Very cute.

I wasn't really interested in watching Breaking Bad before, but I suppose I'm glad that I did finally get around to it. The acting is absolutely stellar, the framing and cinematography extremely poignant, and and the writing is... well, let's say that at least since the start of season 2, I haven't really seen an episode that I've actually hated. Season 1 was a bit rocky, but that's to be expected.

I've just finished the season 4 finale and my head is still spinning.

Currently watching It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.
So am I.

I also just finished season 5 of The Crown. I'm looking forward to the 6th and final season coming later this year.

I'm working on Black Mirror, but I'm watching them when I get time usually on weekends. I'll probably start the newest season of The Witcher now too since that just came out.

Currently in the middle of American Born Chinese on Disney+

Cute show so far, it's only 8 episodes in total

Finished with Breaking Bad a little bit ago and per recommendation and moving on to Better Call Saul. I'm on season 2 and enjoying it so far.

Shouldn’t admit to this but I’ve been watching gossip girl 😂 just coming up to end of season 5 I think? Managed to avoid all spoilers. Would you believe I went on Mumsnet and stupidly someone had started watching, clicked on thread and someone revealed who it was 🥺💔 ( not that upset as I guessed in the first or second episode 😂)

One non-anime series I just started is The Prank Panel. It's actually pretty hilarious. Bonus points for having Eric Andre on it as well, lmao.

Back