What was your favorite Halloween costume?

DaCoSim

#1 Filbert Fan!
Bells
Sautéed Mushrooms
Spores
Blue Dragon Foraged Mushroom
ɯooɹɥsnɯ pǝƃɐɹoɟ ,ɹǝpuɐɯɯoɔ, ƃ-oɹǝz
Silver Wild Foraged Mickshroom
Shiny Fertile Foraged Mushroom
Hedgehog Foraged Mushroom
Indigo Mushroom Lamp
Glow Shroom
Famous Mushroom
Viridis Mushroom Lamp
Black Famous Mushroom
Does anyone that celebrates Halloween have a favorite Halloween costume?

I’ve been a bazillion things over the years. As a kid, I was a leopard, bunny, princess, a wizard, cat, rainbow bright, a California Raisin (it was the 80s), a witch (multiple times from kid-adult) and as a teen/adult a jester, cruella (and a Dalmatian with my oldest kiddo), my AC mayor with all 4 of my kids, the ghost trio with 2 of my boys (gastly, haunter, Gengar), harley Quinn and a vet.

I think my fav was when we were all our AC mayors though. I made/put together all of our costumes. Was sooooo fun, even though most people that saw us did not understand what we were 😂😂😂

IMG_2747.jpeg
Btw, this was the year that we were all our mayors. On the back of their shirts, it listed their Mayor name and from their town name as well. They all had nets and they all had trick-or-treat bags with things that we carry in our pockets!!!

I had some favs back in the day! When my hubby & I were dating, we had a couple of awesome couple costumes! We were such iconic couples such as Mario & Princess Peach, Kermit & Miss Piggy (I even made his costume myself with a sweatshirt), Fred & Wilma from the Flintstones (& our toddler son was Bam Bam), & my absolute fav may be Charlie Brown & the little red haired girl. 🥰

Me and my partner went as Bob and Linda from Bobs burgers last year so I'm probs gonna recycle that costume for years to come. I bought skinny jeans from old navy for that costume

When I was a child, I had quite a bit of costumes.
Ones I remember were witch, cat and vampire.

A few years back when I was working elsewhere, I did my best to wear my spiderweb leggings, cloak, drew a spider web on my face. And I bought a halloween pokemon shirt that I wore once as well.
Making me think about doing something a bit different actually.

That animal crossing costume @DaCoSim is such a grand idea omg.

The Male Villager from MK8DX. I’ve been him as my Halloween costume for about 5 years now, and I’m doing it again this year, so that makes it 6 years now.

my favorite Halloween costume of all time was from when I was like 9 or 10, my grandmother gave me this gold and black fancy masquerade mask she got for a cruise she went on. I love it so much I asked my mom to sew me a matching dress, so for Halloween that year she made this simple but period accurate 1700s french ballgown, and she found me this curly platinum blonde wig, and I went out telling everyone I was Marie Antoinette. A really weird thing to want to go for Halloween as but I thought I was so cool haha.

my favorite costume was from when i was in elementary school (i think 3rd or 4th grade). i dressed up as bloom from winx club! i think i still have the wings somewhere.

i havent put much effort into dressing up these past several years (i’ve been going as totoro since i have a half cape) but i do want to try something different this year. maybe a couple’s costume with my boyfriend heh

I dressed up as a banana for Halloween when I was a child.

aha I am not keeping this photo up but it was peak costume for me and I've never topped it.

Screenshot 2024-10-02 7.03.10 PM.png

when i was much much younger, i had this adorable leopard costume that i'd honestly wear today. wish i still had photos of that costume but they're longgg gone unfortunately lmao
another really good one of mine was my costume in 7th grade. my friend and i dressed as the gemini twins from fairy tail! i always loved that costume :D

I’ve only ever worn a few Halloween costumes, but for
5 years+ as a kid I was the same cat costume lol (well two iterations I grew out of the first)
It was a tiger with a long tail because I love cats.

I don't really dress up anymore but when I was a kid I had a lot of costumes: an astronaut, a robot costume made out of cardboard boxes, the cat from strawberry shortcake, I think i was rainbow brite too. Don't remember any others but I think two years ago I dressed as a "modern witch" for a Halloween party. My favorite of my childhood costumes was probably the astronaut, it was really cute from what I remember. My least fave was the cardboard robot😒 it was a huge box with head and arm holes and was super uncomfortable and I took it off before the night was even over. I kept the helmet for years though, it was a good storage box.

I was the Grim Reaper when I was little. I had a plastic scythe that I loved using even when Halloween was over.

My favorite I did for a few years, i loved it so much. It was a very creepy witch costume, and the mask was the best part. It was a very awesome soft rubbery latex full witch mask. I had to cut the eyes and mouth holes out and trim the outside to fit my face. Then it took a few days to paint the mask and all the details (wrinkles, warts, shading etc). To wear it, i had to glue the entire thing to my face, around the outer edges, around the eyes, mouth. Then i had to use a putty to blend the edges of the mask. Then paint over the putty to match the mask and paint my skin to match also. Once it was on, it would move when/ how my face moved, so it didn't seem like a mask.

It was the most awesome, realistic, creepy witch mask ever. It was also super flammable and really stuck onto the face.

They changed it in later years so it wasn't so dangerous. Different materials, different glue, paints, not all one piece, and it just wasn't the same awesome mask.

As a kid I was Buzz Lightyear once and that was like my FAVORITE cuz he was my fav character ever.
As a teen and into adulthood I’ve made some costumes, and the idea of cosplay is so cool to me although I’ve never really had an opportunity to do anything with it aside from Halloween. I’ve done Annabeth from Percy Jackson and the Olympians, Fionna from Adventure Time (back when she was a brand bee character ajcjajcjns what is time), and Amethyst from Steven Universe! I put a lot of effort into each of these so it’s hard to pick a favorite cuz making them yourself just gives them an extra something special
Post automatically merged:

That being said I haven’t really done much for Halloween in several years and it kinda makes me sad. I’d love to have a reason to like… do more, but I just don’t have anywhere to go besides my own doorway handing out candy

my favorite costume was a pink dinosaur that i wore to a school parade during preschool. it had a tail and everything, it was super cute!

Back