• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

What was your first experience like when your villager first visited your home?

Do you like the idea of villagers visiting your home?

• Yes

Votes: 16 24.6%
  • No

Votes: 10 15.4%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 39 60.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VanitasFan26

I'm just a ghost.
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Okay since I know there has been so much negative experiences with villagers visiting your home I figured I finally get to share mine since it finally happened. I know I'm late to the party, but I can give my thoughts on the Experience.

So I was in my home for like 10 minutes decorating and then when I was done Rio (one of my villagers) showed up to my place which not gonna lie caught me off guard. The First thing she did was sat on my cute Blue Sofa. So then I sat next to her and then took a picture. It came out really cool. I talked to her and we chatted for a while. She talked about how great my furniture was, talking about how cool it was to see me, and talking about how funny it is that a witch "casted a spell on me" which kinda makes me wonder if Katrina's Friendship boost may have something to do it with it since I did this yesterday.

Finally we played a card game but I lost but I didn't care because it turned out to be more clothing. Speaking of clothing she gave me a piece of clothing when she came inside. So its been like 5 minutes since she was in here. I went to my other room but strangely she didn't come in there. So I went back out and she's like "you know its time for me to go now" and so I let her go and my character did a nice "Goodbye Wave" emote after she left.

So my experience was overall positive. Unlike most villagers she didn't judge me of how my home looked and she didn't even question my choices. She said that she loved most of my furniture. After that I felt kinda happy afterwards. I know there has been so much negative experiences but I figured I would share mine just as like a Positive way just so its not all bad. Feel free to share yours if you found anything you liked or disliked about your villagers coming over to your home.

I like that the feature returned. I hate that the visiting scheduling didn't. I like my villagers visiting, but at the appropriate time, at the appropriate moment. Not when I'm going through my storage or redecorating a room. I missed scheduling a time for them to come to my house and when visiting theirs. I just want that feature back for villager visitation.

I love that it was brought back but I really wasn't expecting it this frequently! Every time I step into my house to grab something or change something, no matter the dead hours of the night- someone always comes! It is nice, but certainly bothersome when it's every time I step inside.

I booted up the game after a few months' inactivity, went inside to clear my pockets. Almost immediately Zucker starts knocking and lets himself in, sees the roaches in my house, and says something to the effect of "I didn't know you already had visitors over. I'll come back some other time."

I like the villagers coming over to visit. They always play a card game and game and I win about half the time. If I go into my house I go in knowing that one of my villages will come visit. I have set up the storage sheds , crafting table, place for cooking and changing clothes out on my island this way I don’t have to go into my house for anything.

I think I was excited the first time because it's something new to me, as I haven't played any of the previous AC games.

But it slowly became annoying; most of the time I go home to decorate and being interrupted in the midst of that is annoying.
I wish they asked permission to enter, I mean they only do it when you're in a different room in the house but when you're in the main room they just barge in 😞

I quite liked it, but I don't really spend much time in the house so visitors are still a bit of a novelty.

That said I did on my first visit I ended up deliberately ignoring Paolo because I was busy in one of the side rooms. Thought he'd just come in anyway, but he ended up walking away after commenting on how I must not have been in after all. Made me feel terrible.

I thought there was a way to ignore the villagers before they enter even without being in the side room, I swear I was in the main room when Francine tried to get in and I button mashed my way out of it. Maybe that was a fever dream...

Last edited:
I waited in my house for like 2 seconds when the update came out and Anicotti came and I was so happy!!

I was a bit disappointed. The villagers leave when you have cockroaches around. Did they do that in new leaf? I don’t remember if they did because I always had the Beautiful Town Ordinance. I really like the roaches though, but no one wants to come over 🥲
That’s mainly a me issue not really a game issue.

I was a bit disappointed. The villagers leave when you have cockroaches around. Did they do that in new leaf? I don’t remember if they did because I always had the Beautiful Town Ordinance. I really like the roaches though, but no one wants to come over 🥲
That’s mainly a me issue not really a game issue.
Well there is another issue with the villagers and I've seen this happen on the Subreddit of Animal Crossing. People have been reported being stuck in villager's home when they invite you in their home and they can't get out. There is a clip for example that shows this problem, imagine you're just wondering around the villager's home and then all of a sudden this happens:

Hey Sasha remember when you invited me to your house and then kidnap me between your plushies

I like the idea of villagers visiting your house and am glad they brought it back but I wish they would have improved it. Like being able to schedule visits again or having the ability to lock your front door so villagers won't invite themselves in when decorating or going into storage. I like to run into my house real quick to put items away or change my clothes but since the update I've had to run into a side room if I didn't want an unexpected visit from a villager.

I don't mind the way they have it set up. I hated the scheduling in NL because I'd rather them visit right away instead of waiting an hour. Many times in NL they'd ask for visits when I was logging off soon so I just found it annoying. They also stayed a long time when they did visit.
NH they visit right away. It would be nice if they asked before entering but I don't mind. They don't stay a long time if you just talk to them over and over. I've also haven't had them request to see every room of my house. And they don't follow me to another room. I don't have my upstairs and basement yet so idk if that will change. NL visits felt like a million years.
The first visit I had in NH, I was shuffling items between a spare room, my bag, and my storage trying to free up storage and Bea be wanted in. At the time in I was a tad annoyed because I had to stop but she didn't stay long. I haven't had any of them stay long so it doesn't bother me anymore really.

I like the villager visits. Sure it can be annoying at times, especially when you just came in to change an outfit and ready to head out again. But I don't mind. I don't enter my house that often anyway, unless I am changing decor or clothes.

My first visitor was Lolly. She walked into my kitchen and had this to say.

lolly.jpg

I know it's a cute little feature they added, but I get so annoyed when I just want to put something away, redecorate or visit a dream town and I'm almost always interupted. I could do without it.

It was ok, sometimes i like having guests but it can be inconvienient when they come in when you're in the middle of doing something

Back