• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

What was your first experience like when your villager first visited your home?

Do you like the idea of villagers visiting your home?

• Yes

Votes: 16 24.6%
  • No

Votes: 10 15.4%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 39 60.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It was ok, sometimes i like having guests but it can be inconvienient when they come in when you're in the middle of doing something
You know they should have a feature where the villager would say something like "Is it okay if I can come inside?" and then your choices would be "Yes come in!" and "No I'm busy" at least that would save the headache of being forced to have a villager being invited to your home.

My first villager interruption was fairly standard. I had entered to try incorporating a few of the new items into my house, and as soon as I closed the decorator for the first time Ken dropped in for a visit. He played a card game for a piece of clothing that I had received at least 20 times before, made a couple generic comments about my furniture, then left.

I personally hated the feature in New Leaf, as when they dropped in randomly it would completely lock you out of decorating, which is the biggest reason I'd even be in my house in the first place. I was not at all happy to see them announce that the feature would be returning in New Horizons, and it's honestly just as annoying as it was in NL. Maybe even more so now, as it seems like in NH if I'm in my house for more than 10 seconds at a time someone will drop in and interrupt whatever I was doing.

Have yet to have a villager show up to my house, but I'm expecting it any day now. Just hope they don't hold me hostage there like many a times in New Leaf...

I like it, but similarly to NL it feels like it happens too frequently. I'd like it to be more of a special treat! (although I think it's happens more often now compared to NL)

Sometimes, when they gift you their photos.

I like when they invite you to their homes instead.
I'll never forget when Azalea first invited me to her house.

yay for being the first 'no' vote

I hated it in new leaf, and I hate it just the same in new horizons
why dont you like it? for me, i dont like it because it just interrupts everything im doing and takes a long time. do you feel the same?

I thought it was cute and nostalgic at first, but it can get a bit annoying after a while… especially when you got things to do and places to be, lol. I also find it really boring that the only game they ask to play is high card low card and the only gift they’ll ever give you is your secondary(?) fruit (I always get an apple). The random pop-ins would be nice if the items you can get are unique or rare and the games are different (I loved charades). I actually much prefer getting invited over to a villager’s house. I’ve already designed all their interiors so I enjoy visiting them and taking cute photos in a smaller space.

i hadn't played for a couple of months before the update, and the literal first time i walked into my house, muffy came over, saw the cockroaches, basically said "ew", and left 🙃

Dobie skulked in at night dressed in sunglasses and a long coat, lookin' like he desperately needed a quick, quiet ride across the border.
I tried to offer him refreshments, but I couldn't. He sat on my bright pink crescent-moon chair and complimented my mermaid vanity before quietly departing back to his house. I'll never know what he needed out of me, and at this point, I'm too afraid to bring it up.

The next day I built him a nice, secluded vacation home for him to lie low in. No questions asked.

I didn't miss this feature a ton in NL and seeing it brought back I'm very iffy on it because for one, if I'm not doing anything in my house then I don't mind if one of my villagers comes over, but it seems like nearly every time I go into my house and stay in it for more than a solid 5 seconds shortly after I boot up the game, here comes Astrid asking to come over like...chill please?? Unfortunately my villagers seem to only come over when it isn't convenient so that isn't nice. When they ask me to come over their house though, now that makes me want to ragequit considering how all I can really do is just stand there and even if I stand there for more than an hour, they DEMAND I stay longer

I seem to only have visits when I run into my house to get something out of storage :( I couldn't leave the last time and when I would walk out they would say to me that they only just got there and they want me to hang out for a bit. And whenever they come in I have bugs running around so most of the time they are scared or say I already have company over 🤣so they leave.

coco: i'm coming in
roach:
coco: i'm leaving

My first visit was Pecan! I enjoyed it, it was pretty nostalgic for me. But it can get annoying when you're busy doing things in your house and someone just decides to drop by for a random amount of time

Drift or Jeremiah, probably Drift was the first one. But Jeremiah visits me almost everyday now. That's really cute. I'm not annoyed at all.

252988496_259194596174896_2464288761001583298_n (1).jpg

251173436_259194772841545_225387162164924924_n (1).jpg

Derwin was my first island visitor.He showed up wearing the children's TV presenter glasses I gave him soon after he moved to my island.I think I asked him to stay a bit longer probably because I wanted to hear him call me "burrito" one more time.

My first was Boots. Now it's ALWAYS Boots. I go into my house and he's knocking the door and letting himself in. Then he won't let me leave for ages. He'll run up to me outside, demanding to come to my house. He'll be deep in thought and I'll be like "What's troubling you?" and it's ALWAYS that he wants to come to my house.

Boots is clearly obsessed with me.

I said no, but it's not a hard no.

I don't like them randomly showing up while I am doing something, and I don't like the feeling of knowing someone may show up at any moment. I kind of miss the New Leaf style where they'd ask you if they could come over, and then you schedule a time.

I had read somewhere that if you keep the lights in your house off, villagers won’t visit because they think you’re not home.

Let me be the first to say…

It’s not true.

lol.

I dont mind it at all, I think its a fun feature. Earlier today Judy came to visit and was so sweet.

I was never a huge fan of villager visits even in New Leaf but at least you could schedule them. Now my home is no longer a safe space because some animal will inevitably show up when I'm in a rush and just needed to grab one item out of storage. At least with the storage furniture I can avoid going into my house but... defeats the point of having a house lol.

Back